2011 Car Launches Thread

Mclaren certainly wins the "What the hell does that do?" award. The side pods are very intriguing and the front wing has me scratching my head with how loaded it is.

Well they weren't lying when they said it would be innovative. I love the wacky ideas, they really went for it. Just hope it works...

I don't think those sidepods are such "exploit" of the rules that they would be banned or anything like that. Just shaped a bit different.

About the plastic engine on the McLaren show car...this thing was rocking a plastic engine block and plastic conrods to name a few parts...back in 1984. Seemed to work just fine.

9856528.8s.jpg

Some nice looking cars on the 2011 grid. I love the Renault, reminds me of the classic JPS cars of the late 70's to mid 80's. I wish the wings were black though.

Same for the Ferarri, I'd much prefer it to have black wings than white ones.

I'm still asking what the heck is with all the dorsal fins we're still seeing. I thought those were banned. The McLaren has a very tiny one, Williams, Ferrari and some others have a 'medium' sized one, but Red Bull's is almost as long as those cars without F-ducts last year...

Anyway the cars seem a lot sleeker for some reason, when compared to those odd looking things we got in 2009. I think the rear wings look lower, or something, more aggressive. Let's see what they can do now...

that car looks so basic, as they were afraid to bend the rules just a little bit...

I'm probably the only one who likes all of the new cars so far, inclusive of the 4 Lotus cars. <_<

*hides from the other Ferrari fans*

it looks neat and tidy I suppose

I'm still asking what the heck is with all the dorsal fins we're still seeing. I thought those were banned. The McLaren has a very tiny one, Williams, Ferrari and some others have a 'medium' sized one, but Red Bull's is almost as long as those cars without F-ducts last year...

Anyway the cars seem a lot sleeker for some reason, when compared to those odd looking things we got in 2009. I think the rear wings look lower, or something, more aggressive. Let's see what they can do now...

The fins are banned from being 'connected' with the rear wing, nothing else.

I really hope they're trying to hide everything cause if this is the car it's all very wrong for Virgin.... "Think outside the box" seems like a good new motto for them :p