2011 Car Launches Thread

EDIT: Waittaminute... the top air intake... thought that was banned ? Hence Merc went back to old school air scoop?

I wrote about that after Lotus showed their car. That blade just has to be wider than last year. Rules just say about an area and a width of that roll structure.

The HRT looks awesome, I'll give them credits for that!

The Force looks like it might be going for a bit of a retro look, will be interesting if they can actually keep decent consistent results this time round.

Read that earlier...wasn't sure if trolling or just stupid.

I'm talking about the fact that Kolles said ''sod testing, these tyres need promoting''.

Kolles is just a dentist. There's no other way of describing it. ;)

Kolles found an excuse to not have to spend money for shipping first to Spain, then to Italy, saving HRT some much-needed money - and maybe even get some $$$ from Pirelli while saving.

HRT don't really have much to gain by testing their old car again, so save some money and go to Italy and get paid or at least get some free publicity.

Virgin looks simple, like last year. So probably HRT will be their only competitor. HRT, surprisingly, looks better than Virgin (if you can say something from how car looks). On the other hand, all they have is a computer render and that funny livery. :p

I'm not sure about conservative FI. That nose looks like from R29 and that wasn't a fast car. But sidepods and engine intake are small, hence should be aerodynamically efficient.

Virgin looks simple, like last year. So probably HRT will be their only competitor. HRT, surprisingly, looks better than Virgin (if you can say something from how car looks). On the other hand, all they have is a computer render and that funny livery. :p

I'm not sure about conservative FI. That nose looks like from R29 and that wasn't a fast car. But sidepods and engine intake are small, hence should be aerodynamically efficient.

You can't just copy one bit from another car and think it'll work on yours. It's a complete package and one part will never be able to miraculously make the car better.

That IS their new car...a rendering, but the new car nonetheless. They were very adament about that..

You can't just copy one bit from another car and think it'll work on yours. It's a complete package and one part will never be able to miraculously make the car better.

That nose looks like from R29 and that wasn't a fast car.

And I know that doesn't mean much. It isn't exactly the same, just similar. It could work good here. Just design like that reminds me of 2009 Renault and BMW, both were slow. That's only my observation, nothing more.