2011 Car Launches Thread

It's always been on the front wing or on the supports. Just a little token from Williams. I've never really been much of a fan of them but I sincerely hope they turn their fortunes around. We need them back at the front where they belong.

Just for ahpadt. ;)

McLaren duo admit to car concerns
Wednesday, March 2nd 2011, 10:03 GMT

Lewis Hamilton says his McLaren car's main issue is a lack of downforce, although the Briton is hopeful the team will be able to sort some of its problems before the start of the season.

McLaren's new challenger has not been among the strongest during winter testing so far, with the team also hindered by problems that have not allowed its drivers to run as much as hoped.

Hamilton said the MP4-26 was not as bad as the team's 2009 machine, with which he struggled at the start of the season, but admitted it is currently lacking performance.

"The '09 was terrible because the car was hopping, three-wheeling through corners, it was locking up, and it had no downforce," Hamilton told Reuters.

"This doesn't lock up, it doesn't three-wheel and it handles really nice, better than last year's car, but it just doesn't have as much downforce...so that's where it feels weak.

"Hopefully we've got some more downforce coming onto the car before the first race."

Team-mate Jenson Button also conceded he was not blown away when he first drove the car, but he too is confident there is more performance to extract from it.

"When I first jumped in it (the car) the first reaction was not 'Wow, we're going to blow everyone away'. No," Button told Reuters.

"I don't think anyone would have felt that because it's got a lot less downforce, the tyres are working very differently to the previous tyre.

"But there's nothing that really scares me about the car in a negative way, so there's a lot we can improve with this car through general set-up work."

Button is also hopeful that the four-day test at Barcelona next week will help McLaren solve its problems.

"This year, at the moment, we've had some issues in testing in terms of getting parts to the circuit and a couple of reliability issues, so we've not done as much running as we would have liked, which has hurt our set-up work," said Button.

"But we do have four days and hopefully everything's going to run sweet at the next test, and we get a lot of laps in and we can improve the base that we have.

"There's a lot still to extract from this car that we haven't because we just haven't had time to do it, we haven't got everything together yet, so we don't really know where we are compared to the competition."

Source

Nothing to worry about.

It's nothing as bad as the '09 spec car. And I reckon they still have one of the best KERS system on the grid.

I'm not expecting the two McLaren drivers to be that slow. In fact, I reckon Jenson will do really well this season, purely because of the Pirelli tyres.

Anyone notice this on the Williams car? Did they always put the Senna logo on their car?

It's usually on the nose cone, or the front wing, or somewhere up there. If a William car wins, Senna will be the first across the line.
Since 94, the team plays homage to Senna by doing so, and say they will continue to do so in the future.

Last edited:
If a William car wins, Senna will be the first across the line.

Somehow I've never thought about it that way before, but now...wow, that makes that small gesture seem all the more poignant.

If it's to anyone's interest, then HRT will launch their car tomorrow at lunch time.

If it's to anyone's interest, then HRT will launch their car tomorrow at lunch time.

I'll be interested in seeing how that snappily rendered livery actually looks on the real thing.

As for the car... well... is anyone expecting anything else other than an updated 2010 car with a tub that looks like the Dallara tub but isn't built by Dallara? Or, if they're really desperate and they have to get back to Dallara... an old Audi LMP1 tub maybe? :lol: After all, except for the R8C and the Bentleys, all modern Audi LMP chassis have been built by the Italians.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm kinda skeptical whether the real thing will look like that rendering or not. ;)

No love for Hispania? =(

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/03/11/171037.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/03/11/170998.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/03/11/170993.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/03/11/170984.jpg

C'mon, you have to say it even looks faster than last years car...that said, a snail looks like a rocket compared to that. But you get the idea...looks like this car just might make them...average back-midfield.

Haha they're really going with "YOUR LOGO HERE" and "COOL SPOT" till they get real sponsors? :D
That right there makes me like this team.
Go go Hispania!