2011 Chevy Cruze: First productions photos

Yey! Turbo's are back!
140hp is enough for a family sedan. I'm going to guess it will get from 37-45MPG, without being a hybrid.

Yey! Turbo's are back!
140hp is enough for a family sedan. I'm going to guess it will get from 37-45MPG, without being a hybrid.

I wonder what kind of sells GM will see for these cars just so the modding community can play with the engines.

/This is why I've been advocating turbo engines so much lately, too many people associate boost with performance and it helps sell cars, especially those that want an easy way to gain 25+hp.

Yey! Turbo's are back!
2098662390071072569S600x600Q85.jpg

BaxterSt.jpg

Climbing.jpg

http://www.walkinginla.com/2004/Feb15/EldredSt.html

140hp is NOT enough.

The interesting bit it is that the turbo engine makes more torque than horsepower.

140hp is NOT enough.
Sure it is. Oh wait ... my last 140hp car weighed 2600lbs and had a close-ratio 5 speed. Any estimates on how much the 'Cruze' weighs?

The Civic has 140hp and less torque. This car should be fine in the power department.

http://img523.imageshack.**/img523/4962/chevroletcruze164809103gl7.jpg

:lmao:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5W1-G_IVW8[/YOUTUBE]

But really, that looks impressive! I dig that more than the Civic and certainly the Corolla, it's nice to see Chevy trying their darndest to look good.

Spectre, you are thinking the American way.

We have hills in Europe, like the SF hills, but we accept the fact that with regular car you can get to the top of the hill at a relatively good speed (30-50mph). I think you want your cars to pull strong on hills like these...why? Why do you have to accelerate on such hills? You only need to get to the top of the hill.
Trust me this Cruze with 140hp will make it to the top of the hill, no problem at all at 35-40mph(which is the speed limit btw) in third gear.

Spectre, you are thinking the American way.

We have hills in Europe, like the SF hills, but we accept the fact that with regular car you can get to the top of the hill at a relatively good speed (30-50mph). I think you want your cars to pull strong on hills like these...why? Why do you have to accelerate on such hills? You only need to get to the top of the hill.
Trust me this Cruze with 140hp will make it to the top of the hill, no problem at all at 35-40mph(which is the speed limit btw) in third gear.

With four 200lb men and 200lbs of luggage inside? Since it's going to weigh just under 4000lbs empty and is going to be geared tall for fuel economy, I'm going to say that you are most likely wrong, especially considering that cars with greater power/weight ratio have problems climbing something like the El Cajon Pass.

I doubt it will be geared tall...the overdrive gear might be something like 0.7, but Daewoo's gearboxes are always with really short gears. That's why I said it won't have any problems in third gear.

Do you have a problem with all smallish cars? Civic, Sentra, Focus, Corolla, etc all have about the same power and are about the same size.

Problem isn't the size of the car, it's the lack of power and the weight. If it weighed half a ton less, it would be fine.

It's no bigger than the other cars I listed.

The Euros are getting the option of a 112-hp g 1.6L I4.

The proky new Civic weighs slightly less than the Cruze already. I'm really interested to see a comparision between the blown 1.4's power and economy with something like the Civic or Corolla. Also, it doesn't really come as any surprise that a turbo charged engine would have more torque than power. Name something else that will be impressive about this car.

Generally there isn't much that is exciting about this class of car. There may be an SS version though.

I would also like to add that we don't have any official weight figures.