2011 Endurance Racing Thread

So happy to see Oreca take the honours. A deserved victory and a fabulous achievement for a privateer effort like them.

Highcroft did an amazing job, so happy for them!

A great victory for Oreca, they definitely deserved it.

shit! just got home, and it's 3.42, i just witnised the winners walking away from the podium, so i missed the finish

the winners where wearing blue/white overalls...i guess they are peugeot?

who won? what world-moving events happend during the race?

(way to drunk right now ot write anyting sensible, see you tommorow!)

Nice to see Oreca take the win here. What an amazing performance from Highcroft as well with a car that effectively just got off the truck straight onto the podium and beating both Peugeot and Audi. Fantastic.

Quite a rotten bit of luck as far as Audi is concerned, first the two punctures on Rocky's car and then the accident with the #7 Pug for which they could not be blamed at all. They ran consistently faster than the other teams throughout the last third of the race and that's impressive for a grandfathered car. Curious to see what the R18 will do, I think it'll be up for the task.

GT battle was the best part of the race though, just like last year, some absolute fantastic racing going on. Glad to see BMW taking the win!

Phenomenal race, just love Sebring. Probably the best race of the year after Le Mans.

I think we all agree with Hindhaugh on GT, "What's wrong with GT? Nothing. What needs to be changed in GT? Nothing." That was a great race, nearly no lull period except for maybe the short time when the battles subsided but I could yell something was brewing at Highcroft. Bring on Le Mans, I'd say!

Fantastic to see Oreca take the win. I missed some of it, but kept in touch with the race with my phone.

Am I the only one who cares just for the LMP1 and GT cars? I don't care for the LMP2, GTC, or LMPC and just think they take up space.

Well I guess they have the variation of different types of cars going for them in LMP2. The GTC (sorry lower powered Porsche cars) and LMPC cars are just copy and paste cars, they are there just to make the eco people happy.

Had some people gotten their way though, GTC wouldn't have been a Porsche cookie-cutter class this year, we might have also had other GT3 cars in it (particularly the R8 LMS).

Am I the only one who cares just for the LMP1 and GT cars? I don't care for the LMP2, GTC, or LMPC and just think they take up space.

I do actually care about LMP2. You're correct about GTC and LMPC though. LMP1 and GT are the most exciting for sure.

I don't really follow GTC or LMPC that closely but I do appreciate them being there to keep the grid numbers at a reasonable level and also to act as a springboard for new teams to get into the sport. If they also provide some interesting racing on top of that it's even better.

Yeah I completely agree that they should be there for new teams to get in, but from the perspective of a spectator there's isn't too much there.

The new 908 testing alone at Monza. Shock horror, a diesel racing engine that makes a good amount of SOUND!

Sounds like a lower-revving version of the old turbocharged petrol V8s in LMP900/LMP1.