2011 F1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi GP

Well done to Alonso & Jenson for the podium finish.

Didn't see much of a fight. It was just another guy running away with it from start to finish. :lol:

Yeh but hey i thought at the start we would see some sort of fight which Alonso kinda gave us. I think everyone knows that Vettel would of just drove away at the start given the lap times Mark was showing.

Doesn't matter anyway, it's just good to see someone else winning the race :)

Well done to Lewis tho and Alonso and of course Button.

Last edited:
Great job by Hamilton, Alonso and Button.

Sutil drove brilliantly today!

Di Resta-Buemi fight :)

Mr Boss should find something else to fiddle around with. The original ones are good already.

All of the designs were made by people who submitted to their competition. They're not actually designed by Hugo Boss.

Didn't see much of a fight. It was just another guy running away with it from start to finish. :lol:

This.

Nonetheless, I really enjoyed this one. Good to see only McLaren and Ferrari on the podium, brings back some nice memories.
Rubens did me proud today as well.

what the hell is up with webber. he hasn't done a single thing this year, but vettel is out, and he finds the pace to set fastest laps?
but he's doing better than vettel, so of course they have to fuck up his pit stop :rolleyes:

Well done to the podium guys, good race if not that eventful.

Both the Force Indias did well again and are starting to look like "team 5", but not all the time yet.

Rubens did well getting 12th, hope he has a better race in Brasil, especially if it is his last GP.

The facilities & hotel etc look fantastic under the lights at Yas.

:)

(Good BBC F1 Forum again, LOL Eddie)

You know the BBC management are 'proud' of doing the F1 deal with Sky - shame on them, the coverage is excellent and I normally do not enjoy the chit chat but having two ex F1 drivers and a team owner who can string some words together seems to work.

Bloody 'soft left' BBC management b******s.

You know the BBC management are 'proud' of doing the F1 deal with Sky - shame on them, the coverage is excellent and I normally do not enjoy the chit chat but having two ex F1 drivers and a team owner who can string some words together seems to work.

Jake is the weakest link, he's OK but could be replaced with little bother.
A bit lightweight relative to the others, with no background in motor sports. He wasn't much cop on any of the football things he did either.

There are loads of current & former media types in F1 who could probably do the job better and with more knowledge.

Nice enough bloke though, who should probably still be working in children's TV where he is from.

My 2cents.

:)

McLaren victory = me being happy. Would have preferred it to be Jenson, but good for Lewis - he looked in the groove this afternoon. Also looks like the relationship with Alonso has thawed a little too.

Mark Webber is lucky to still be driving a Red Bull in my opinion - he's done nothing of note all year. He will have to improve next year, or stand aside for a better driver.

Interesting race.

Kinda felt for Vettel today. He's had all the luck this year, but he's still one of my favourites.

'grats to Hamilton, Alonso and Button on great performances. Once Vettel was out, I was hoping Alonso would get by Hamilton. Almost happened.

Looking forward to Brazil. That places always delievers a great race, and let's hope the guys put on a fitting finale for 2011.

Only one race left. :cry:

Only one race left. :cry:

mixed feeling about this...

i will miss it during the winter break, but i'm so looking forward to next season. gone with the high noses, the EBD, the throttle overrun, and in with who knows what ingenuity!
plus pirelli who will make some changes to the tires, let's hope they don't wear out so fast when being pushed so we see even more racing, and less tire management

mixed feeling about this...

i will miss it during the winter break, but i'm so looking forward to next season. gone with the high noses, the EBD, the throttle overrun, and in with who knows what ingenuity!
plus pirelli who will make some changes to the tires, let's hope they don't wear out so fast when being pushed so we see even more racing, and less tire management

Haha, motorsport plays a heavy part in my life, so I always feel sad this type of year when F1 and all the other championships I follow are either over, or rapidly coming to an end. Makes me want to hibernate till about March-April. :p

Mixed about what you bring up. I feel that F1's getting way too restrictive with the rules of late, and it is stopping real brain waves like the f-duct, EBD, etc, never seeing the light of day again. F1's always claimed to be the pinnacle of motorsport, but the rules currently would you make you think otherwise. It's more a case of designing a car around what you can't do now, compared to a few years ago when it was designing a car around what you COULD do, that's why we saw stuff like ground effects, the fan car, real interesting innovations. Now, it's all so strict and watered down. I'd love to see what sort of a monster Adrian Newey could come up with if the rules were less restrictive.

RE: Pirelli tyres. I don't like the direction they're taking. At the start of this year, it was brilliant. A lot of difference in strategy, a lot of action in the pits (perhaps too much, sometimes), and it made for exciting races. Remember Monaco (up to the red flag)? That was shaping up to be brilliant. Now, they're bringing more durable tyres to the races, less difference in time between the two compounds, less degredation and wear...they're turning into another boring Bridgestone. Are they scared of the negative feed back they got at the start of the year from the teams or something? How can they go from being so into spicing up the races to bringing boring, conservative tyres to races in the space of a year? Poor show, Pirelli.

About Webber, you're all forgetting he was out there today with no fuel and soft tires so obviously he'll be setting fastest laps, that was the strategy all along. It didn't really work since he ended up pretty far behind jenson but still, it was obviously coming when he slapped on softs for his 3rd stint.

Pretty boring race I must say. Maldonado was amusing but other than that....nothing really comes to mind.

I feel sorry for the hairpin camera crane guy, they never use the angle and why isn't it motorised?
You can't get the same precision and freedom of movement a seasoned crane operator gives you out of a motorized camera crane.
Next time you watch a football game look at the behind-the-goal camera cranes - they are hand-operated as well.

They can't afford to keep it. You're lucky you're getting them at all next year.

just realised this was the first race which had no red bull on the podium...