2011 FIFA World Cup

What's up with the Germans not being able to use a free kick or a corner to set up a header goal against japan*?

* misspelled in all small letters on purpose

foot16.gif

Wow... I was watching the game while and the gym and I am shocked that Germany lost. Beautiful goal by Japan and it is neat for them to win because of all that Japan has been through this year, but I'm just stunned by the result.

Soooo... that was it.

To be honest, I thought it might end that way. But I wasn't a bit interested in that women's FIFA World Cup in the first place to really care about it.

I didn't watch a single game. That has nothing to do with male chauvinism or me doubting the women's abilities to play football. In fact, they're really brilliant at it. But truth to be told, women's football is a friggin' niche sport and the event as been artificially blown up to enormous proportions here, with the prospect of the German team winning the title for the third time in a row being the main motivation.

Without the successes of the German women's team and the media hype, the women's FIFA World Championship wouldn't draw more attention here, than rhythmic gymnastics for men.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the stadiums are considerably emptier from now on for the rest of the tournament (Did anyone notice, that they picked small stadiums in smaller cities from the beginning?).

When this championship is over, women's football will go back to where it has been for decades: Into insignificance.

Last edited:
Good job ref... You just ruined the game.

F1 superseded Football on my personal TV schedule so I turn on the TV unsuspectingly to even more penalty kicks :jawdrop:

...and even more pentalty repeats?

Last edited:
Should be a good final, the plucky Japanese vs. the resilient Americans. The game should be exciting to watch because either result would make me happy...Nevertheless I would prefer the Americans to win, but if Japan were to prevail there would be no denying the fact that it would be a great story.

So a few friends came over to watch the game. At half time, one of them asked, "How is this game still 0-0?"

I decided to be sarcastic and say, "Because no one has scored a goal yet."

Good first half though.