2011 FinalGear Shirt Design Contest!

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Our last design contest was held in May 2010, and after many delays it is now time to announce the rules for the FinalGear Late 2011 Shirt design contest!

Design rules Cut&Pasted&Modified from the last thread:
Each color you put into the design must be on a separate layer. Each layer can be a maximum of 13" by 13", and the overall design can be no larger than 20" tall x 15" wide. The maximum layer limitation is due to the size of the screens, and the maximum design size is because it has to fit the smallest shirt printed (Small). The design only needs to be on one-side of the shirt, as does not have to incorporate the FinalGear logo. The design can be on the front or back of the shirt, but not the sleeves.

The design contest is open from now until October 27th sometime in the future, at which point they will be put into voting for a short time period, then orders will occur for two-three weeks. Depending on the results of the votes, the top 2/4/6/* may be printed.

Depending on demand, we may run pre-orders and have the shirts screen-printed as they have been in prior years, OR run the shirts through an on-demand store such as RedBubble or Zazzle-- The advantages of on-demand allow the purchaser to choose nearly any color shirt+size, along with multiple options for shirt type: Standard T shirt, V-Neck, Girlie-Fit, Long-Sleeves, and Hoodies. Downside? The shirts cost $5 more per shirt from an on-demand, and the profit margins are slightly lower.. but you have the opportunity to customize the shirt to your liking, which would be cost prohibitive with screen-printed shirts.

When screen-printed, we use Gildan Ultra Cotton (100% Cotton, 6.1oz Color Guide).
On-demand printers utilize American Apparel shirts.

Wining designers get a few free shirts, and we may throw something else into the prize bags.

Multiple entries are allowed. You can post low resolution versions in this thread, but the final versions must be sent in PM to me.

Final delivered versions must be in PSD or EPS format (But pre-voting can be in JPEG/PNG), with each color as a separate layer in the psd/eps.

All profits generated by the shirts goes directly towards hardware and the hosting of FinalGear-- By selling shirts you get something physical through the wonders of mail to enjoy, along with all these magical digital bits of happiness.
Due to Google suspending our advertising accounts, we now rely solely on shirt sales and donations to keep the site and forums alive.

Boilerplate legal thing:
All entries submitted will be property of FinalGear.com. We can/will use what you submit, and you will not be entitled to revoke the usage of said content, relicense the entries to another party.. Also, please do not submit any copywritten materials, or designs incorporating trademarks/copyrights of others (No Top Gear logo, no names of the hosts, no manufacturer's logos.. we just can't afford to license their trademarks).

Final choice of the winner rests with the sole discretion of FinalGear.com i.e., if we choose we can simply ignore all your votes and pick what we like, but so far we go with what people want.

Dimensions of a Gildan Small:

Last edited:
Throwing an idea in, have yet to try it out, "must be parking, son" with a car in a hedge or through a shop window

I was thinking we do shirts with our Wacky Races teams on it.

I don't have the 'Shop skills but just to repost my idea from the discussion thread......

Black or white shirt with a row of green blobs and the word Jaaaagworthy above it (even better if the font is the same one Jaguar uses and we can do that without infringement of copyright!) and the FG logo somewhere appropriate. I had other ideas but will have to go back through the thread at some point.

EDIT: And cross posted....

Or a Porsche 911 outline with "No Conspiracy" underneath it?

OK, so inspired by stiggie's sig, Cupiditus at Purgamentum and watching OHMSS for the nth time yesterday perhaps someone could come up with a Final Gear coat of arms with that as the Latin motto?

I'm nowhere near artisitic enough myself nor do I have the 'Shop skills but given the wealth of talent that abounds here that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Just cross posting :)

35hqs69.jpg

I don't think there's anywhere to put the FG logo (apart from the back but I doubt that's going to happen, and I'm not a massive fan of doing that anyways). Also this is just a jpg; I haven't considered it for final dimensions yet, but it is a square design. :)

Apart from feeling that the font for "UMLAUT, BITCHES!" is a tad too bold I would definitely buy that.

Yes I like that too - but may be in that colour that Scandavian Flick has perhaps (NB amoungst Cobol74s other failings is colour blindness, so is it Blue or Terquoise or something)? Oh and as the US may potentially be the bigest market can we swap out Monaco (Or one of the other circuits) for a US circuit (NB not an Oval - Leguna Seca perhaps?).

Last edited:
Actually an oval might not be so bad.

:idea:

Dunsfold plus one other European circuit, Indianapolis (oval plus infield = more interesting), Interlagos; Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore or Suzuka then Melbourne or Bathurst. That way we give a small nod to TG, feature each of the continents where racing takes place and reflect the international nature of FG?

Last edited:
Also....

This.......

Marabou_Stork_Leptoptilos_crumeniferus_in_Tanzania_4420_Nevit.jpg

Perched atop and leaving a rivulet of poo all over this......

wtfosaiuoljlkdrlgcepqcmixdogjtho.jpg

above the words "It's a Galant!"

I'd buy it even if nobody else will! :lol:

I would kill for a "Meanwhile in UKania..." shirt.

A FG shirt contest without ''The Interceptors''? what is this, i dont even...

A FG shirt contest without ''The Interceptors''? what is this, i dont even...

I think the concensus is that these should be FG shirts and not blatant rip-offs from TG for copyright and other issues.

Besides if there isn't an official TG Interceptors shirt released in the next few weeks in time for Christmas then I would be very surprised.

I would kill for a "Meanwhile in UKania..." shirt.

I posted my updated design in the other thread and you didn't even see it. :p

I'll get a final design done, plus I have a couple of other ideas (actually that's a lie but I will have).

Actually an oval might not be so bad.

:idea:

Dunsfold plus one other European circuit, Indianapolis (oval plus infield = more interesting), Interlagos; Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore or Suzuka then Melbourne or Bathurst. That way we give a small nod to TG, feature each of the continents where racing takes place and reflect the international nature of FG?
I think it has to be awesome circuits. D?nsfold is a given of course, but the current selection of the other five is a good one. N?rburgring, naturally, B?thurst and Sp? are just epic, and Silverst?ne and M?naco are very, very traditional F1 tracks. One could ditch Silverst?ne for an awesome American circuit, and I think more of Road ?merica than of Indi?napolis.

But I'm not the one designing the shirt anyway... just giving ideas and opinions. ;)

Meh, it was just an idea. I like the design as is, but thought making it international might be fitting.

Im just thinking of stuff, and i wanted to know if we could have some of the faces(sketchy drawing) of one of the presenters. something on the line of the shirt ''im with stupid'' with and arrow , but instead have a presenter with his hand on his forehead (loosser expression) ..would that be fine?