2011 Ford Super Duty debuts at Texas State Fair

150 in that thing? Geez, you'd pulverize anyone you hit.

Nice truck, too. :)

I'm not completely sold on the new grill. I like it, but not as much as the current 3 bar grill.

How fast are these trucks? I very much like the idea of scaring people off the left lane of the Autobahn at 120 mph.

The fastest I've ever seen my brother's 2008 F250 (6.4L Powerstroke) was just over 80mph, but it had a little more left in it. I would expect it to reach 90 but I wouldn't think it could go much higher.

All the models probably will not have chrome grilles, if its like previous years, some will have painted grilles, and the lowest end models will get ugly black plastic grilles.

I still like the more square grilles on the current super duties more though. the new one looks like its made of math symbols... it has an equals sign and brackets D:

150 in that thing? Geez, you'd pulverize anyone you hit.
Yup. Therefore...

How fast are these trucks? I very much like the idea of scaring people off the left lane of the Autobahn at 120 mph.
... that has already been taken care of. First of all since the smallest "Super Duty" today has a gross weight of 3992kg, you'll need a C-license to drive it. Secondly, it falls under directive 2004/11/EEC which state that any heavy goods vehicle exceeding 3500kg must have an electronic speed limiter installed.

... that has already been taken care of. First of all since the smallest "Super Duty" today has a gross weight of 3992kg, you'll need a C-license to drive it. Secondly, it falls under directive 2004/11/EEC which state that any heavy goods vehicle exceeding 3500kg must have an electronic speed limiter installed.

America, fuck yeah. Chipped dually with a giant brush guard flying down the street and plowing through everything in its path.

Yup. Therefore...

It might not fall under HGV designation, I'm curious to see what the qualifications are.

It might not fall under HGV designation, I'm curious to see what the qualifications are.

He's talking about Europe. And by European licence criteria, the F350 is about half a ton too heavy to be driven with a regular car (B) licence.

The fact that it's over 3500 kg also means liability to electronic toll or higher rates on ordinary toll in many European countries, which makes using it purely as a penis extender a rather expensive fun in Europe.

At least here in Germany vehicles over 3,5t can be registered as a car (PKW) that doesn't have a general speed limit (otherwise a Hummer wouldn't be allowed to go over 80 kph). You would have to pay car taxes for the truck though, and they would be immense (about 1400? a year).

Nevertheless, full-size trucks in Europe are cool. Among our subcompacts, they look like dinosaurs.

Last edited:
And I thought I was in love with the current Super Duty. I :love: this one even more. I don't even care if there is more chrome in the grille than a complete 1950's car. The new engine should be one badass engine too...I suspect the torque to be close to or at 700tq.

They are limited unfortunately to ~98mph. Like a few people said already get a good ECU tune and they will top 130mph easily and quite quickly.

Get a chip with a topspeed delimiter and some nice new boost settings and you'll be hitting atleast 130mph, my old boss had a 08 350 chipped and it was absolutely ridiculous, we hit 130 with no problems and as far as gearing goes that was only at like 2900-3000 rpm so you got another 1000 or more revs there. This new bigger engine with the same sort of chip setup I bet gets to 150 no problem.

150mph in a truck this large might give me wood.

America, fuck yeah. Chipped dually with a giant brush guard flying down the street and plowing through everything in its path.

I :lol:'d.

At least here in Germany vehicles over 3,5t can be registered as a car (PKW) that doesn't have a general speed limit (otherwise a Hummer wouldn't be allowed to go over 80 kph). You would have to pay car taxes for the truck though, and they would be immense (about 1400? a year).

Nevertheless, full-size trucks in Europe are cool. Among our subcompacts, they look like dinosaurs.

+1 I'd love to see one of these barreling down the autobahn unchipped doing 230kph in the left lane. :D

The first post in this thread is honestly contains more information about pickup trucks than I thought was physically possible to write. :p

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWak-EcIuro[/YOUTUBE]

Youtube is full of crazy Americans whipping up serious power with diesel trucks like the Super Duty. And that video above is with the notoriously bad 6.0L SD they made for a short few years. Give me the old 7.3L any day!

[video=youtube;Lvn6-NWRqvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvn6-NWRqvo[/video]

I liked the body-colored frame that runs around the grill, compared to the all-chrome front-end on the truck in the first post. Juist enough chrome.

I feel like that comparison, while completely logical, is useless. Brand loyalty is what will dictate the kind of heavy duty trucks people buy.

Yup. Therefore...

Unless offcourse you do what everyone else does and simply give up a lower gross weight at the initial registration/technical inspection procedure you go through when you import it :cool:

Never came across any heavy/superduty yanktruck (barred from a towtruck conversion) in europe that was registered as a c-licence or had a limiter.....sorry to burst your bubble there.

on topic : I like it.....its fucking ugly, yet that front end its so over the top it becomes awesome.

as for the speedthing? I have had mine up to 180 kph (dashspeed not actual) and I do my normal motorwaycruising at 140-150 witch puts it at 3000rpm?......these heavy duty's realy geared that much lower? never knew that .

Last edited:
They are geared lower and have limiters.

Unless offcourse you do what everyone else does and simply give up a lower gross weight at the initial registration/technical inspection procedure you go through when you import it :cool:

Never came across any heavy/superduty yanktruck (barred from a towtruck conversion) in europe that was registered as a c-licence or had a limiter.....sorry to burst your bubble there.

on topic : I like it.....its fucking ugly, yet that front end its so over the top it becomes awesome.

as for the speedthing? I have had mine up to 180 kph (dashspeed not actual) and I do my normal motorwaycruising at 140-150 witch puts it at 3000rpm?......these heavy duty's realy geared that much lower? never knew that .
Depends on how stringent your local registration authorities are. Up here, there's a firm called Rindab that imports various things like Hummer H2's and guts them a bit so they will be able to fit below 3500 kg. But importing one yourself and fiddling about with the paperwork, the transport administration won't fall for that easy trick.

There is an archaic method of registering such vehicles (up here at least) as "Heavy Cars", which exceed 3500kg but are legal to drive for a person with a B-license who took the license <1996 and has not had it recalled since. But it's either that, or a C-license, or stripping out the vehicle to loose weight so it fits under 3500. You are also correct that almost no US import has a limiter, simply because almost all of them are used as poser-mobiles. But if one uses such a vehicle for commercial purposes, then it shall have a limiter to be legal. And one of our beloved tachographs! :D

Of course vehicle registration is not fully harmonized across the union, so it differs a bit from place to place.

Last edited:
Depends on how stringent your local registration authorities are. Up here, there's a firm called Rindab that imports various things like Hummer H2's and guts them a bit so they will be able to fit below 3500 kg. But importing one yourself and fiddling about with the paperwork, the transport administration won't fall for that easy trick.

There is an archaic method of registering such vehicles (up here at least) as "Heavy Cars", which exceed 3500kg but are legal to drive for a person with a B-license who took the license <1996 and has not had it recalled since. But it's either that, or a C-license, or stripping out the vehicle to loose weight so it fits under 3500. You are also correct that almost no US import has a limiter, simply because almost all of them are used as poser-mobiles. But if one uses such a vehicle for commercial purposes, then it shall have a limiter to be legal. And one of our beloved tachographs! :D

Of course vehicle registration is not fully harmonized across the union, so it differs a bit from place to place.

Well if they realy are that strict in Sweden (witch to be honest I very much doubt they are, or atleast that there is nothing to be done about the 'strictness' when certain pieces of paper exchange between certain hands) I can start to understand your obsession with comformity in motor vehicles and the banning off everything bigger then a polo....... You must be the first person I know who actualy LIKES things like limiters and tacho's.....maybee you should talk to somebody about that :p

Question, not that its relevant but out of pure curiosity : have you ever driven ANYTHING bigger then lets say a transitvan?

Last edited: