2011 Ford Super Duty debuts at Texas State Fair

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVT6Cxq5bU&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Wow that is a pretty significant difference. Check out those gauges!!

I think I would disagree with that, if you have two trucks with equal power/ towing capacity and one looks like this and one looks better than this, you will most likely pick the non-ugly one, right? Hell even if the specs were close, you would probably consider a better looking truck if you thought it could still do what you needed done.

Well for buiness use like this will be it comes down to useability,price,looks.

It's almost impossible to get more intimidating than this:

jsn1xh.jpg

That is quite possibly the most manly grille ever put on a truck.

I'm not sure about this truck...

If I had to buy a big truck to tow stuff I would probably go for a Dodge.

(No, I'm not Mopar Man :p)

Needs more grille

Ford is putting waaay too much effort into their truck grilles - about 50% of them end up replaced with aftermarket blackout grilles anyway - and the other 50% of them belong to people who don't care what the truck looks like so long as it does the job.

http://img21.imageshack.**/img21/2121/11sd2500531253815958459.jpg

About god damn time an American automaker fitted something other than a 20 pixel monochrome display into a cluster!

Yeah, and the car is pretty fucking imposing as well. BUT A HIGH RESOLUTION LCD!

Huh, I didn't think it was possible for me to get a boner for a truck.

I dislike the grille.

That is quite possibly the most manly grille ever put on a truck.

How is that manly? Since when is flash, glitzy, chinzy and blingy stuff manly?

Or is this fine gentleman..

bling.jpg

..more manly than him?

belmondo_l.jpg

Last edited:
How fast are these trucks? I very much like the idea of scaring people off the left lane of the Autobahn at 120 mph.

I don't think the standard versions will even get to 100... they aren't geared properly for those speeds. That said, my mother has done 90+ in her '08 F150 Super-Crew King Ranch and a million other names.

That LCD looks good. Fits in and looks useful. Hope they move it to the whole range.

How fast are these trucks? I very much like the idea of scaring people off the left lane of the Autobahn at 120 mph.

Most have speed limiters just below 100. My 97 has a limiter at 98mph. I think it would go faster, but they aren't exactly aerodynamic.

Now, you could put some much higher (numerically lower) gears in the rear end and pull the limiter. I could easily see an F350 hitting 120-130. You just have to get that big diesel in the powerband.

Get a chip with a topspeed delimiter and some nice new boost settings and you'll be hitting atleast 130mph, my old boss had a 08 350 chipped and it was absolutely ridiculous, we hit 130 with no problems and as far as gearing goes that was only at like 2900-3000 rpm so you got another 1000 or more revs there. This new bigger engine with the same sort of chip setup I bet gets to 150 no problem.