2011 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix

button set the fastest time during FP2???

yeah, I was very chuffed with Jenson's performance. But by the same token, I'm also slightly worried about McLaren's raw pace. I want this year to be a Mercedes v.s RedBull v.s Renault year. Both Ferrari and McLaren can be relegated into the midfield, B spec cars for all I care.

So McLaren on top so far then. I've been away for the last day or so and have only seen the times, which, while nice to see dont mean much on their own. What's the feeling like, is it genuine do we think or are they running lighter? Who's doing what basically :p

If you missed the P1 session the BBC coverage (5live radio commentary + F1 world feed through the red button) has been up on the iPlayer for a few hours now, finished watching it 20min ago.

Still would need a proxy to watch that, but thanks, watched it live.

I want this year to be a Mercedes v.s RedBull v.s Renault year. Both Ferrari and McLaren can be relegated into the midfield, B spec cars for all I care.

Well that's hoping for a lot, not gonna happen.

Last edited:
button set the fastest time during FP2???

woot!! doesn't mean that much, but is an indication they might be doing better than during testdays!
at least i sure hope so!

It's still some way off the quali pole lap last year which was a 1.23.9.

The Red Bulls were also only using the rear wing on the straights where they are allowed to in the race in FP2 as well. Or at least that's what I think their radio transmission said.

I can't wait for quali tomorrow (morning where I live), it's so good to have F1 action back!

So McLaren on top so far then. I've been away for the last day or so and have only seen the times, which, while nice to see dont mean much on their own. What's the feeling like, is it genuine do we think or are they running lighter? Who's doing what basically :p

The McLaren's did a long stint in FP1 that was competitive with what the others were doing in FP2 but without knowing fuel loads it doesn't mean a great deal.

Last edited:
Any idea where I can get justin.tv links??

I'm currently away in S. Korea at the moment. Need...to...watch.. F1... sooooo bad!!!

Watching the speed tv stream for FP3. How do I get the BBC radio 5 commentary?

Raggy lap from Massa, he hasn't looked good all weekend. Red Bull are looking very good though. Actually as I write, they're talking about a problem for Red Bull with the left side of their front wing, perhaps it's hitting the ground in the wrong place around the circuit. We know it's still pretty flexible which is where a lot of their speed is coming from so I'll keep an eye on it.

Martin Whitmarh looks pretty haggard on the pit wall, been under a bit of stress these last few months I'd say!

1:24.507 for Vettel. This race is done :lol:

Last edited:
What happened to Klien? Just standard mechanical stuff?

w00t, Vettel is looking very competitive : )

Indeed. 0.8 seconds faster than everyone else!

Nevermind the 0.8s back to Webber, it's a full second back to the best of the rest. The McLarens in this case. I dont think even Alonso is close to the Red Bulls at this point.

Managed to get starsports on the telly. I'm not moving from my hotel room until quali is finished : )

Anyone know where I can get the BBC commentary by Brundle and DC?

Edit : Heidfeld out of Q1?? And Petrov managed to squeeze through Q2?? Not a good way to start his career at Renault.

Last edited: