2011 Formula 1 Gran Premio de Espa?a Santander

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Catalunya.svg

Race date: 22nd of May, 2011
Number of laps: 66
Circuit length: 4.655 km
Race distance: 307.104 km
Lap record: 1:21.670 (Kimi R?ikk?nen, 2008)
Last winner: Mark Webber

1) Pole and race podium?
2) In Turkey there was about 80 pitstops in total, will there be as many here?
3) Despite many teams bringing updates, do you think we will see changes to the pecking order in the top 10?
4) Should the Spanish GP be replaced by a more oldschool circuit? If yes, which and why?
5) Ferrari had a relatively good race in Turkey - will they be able to repeat that success or will McLaren be in front?
6) Will Ferrari still not be able to qualify in the top4 or have they sorted their quali speed?
7) Lotus are bringing a giant update which should give them nearly a second, will they be able mix it better with the midfielders?
8) Can the tyres and DRS make this race exciting or will it be a snorefest?

1) Pole and race podium? Vettel
2) In Turkey there was about 80 pitstops in total, will there be as many here? Maybe even more, Barca is traditionally a high degradation circuit.
3) Despite many teams bringing updates, do you think we will see changes to the pecking order in the top 10? I hope to see Williams improve.
4) Should the Spanish GP be replaced by a more oldschool circuit? If yes, which and why? It doesnt need to be replaced, just removed.
5) Ferrari had a relatively good race in Turkey - will they be able to repeat that success or will McLaren be in front? Depends how well McLaren's updates work.
6) Will Ferrari still not be able to qualify in the top4 or have they sorted their quali speed? They will still struggle to qualify in the top 4. The car isnt good over one lap, it has always had better race pace.
7) Lotus are bringing a giant update which should give them nearly a second, will they be able mix it better with the midfielders? Hopefully
8) Can the tyres and DRS make this race exciting or will it be a snorefest? I guess it'll be exciting, just hopefully the DRS isnt as easy as it was in Turkey.

Yes, this circuit is quite hard on tyres.

3) Despite many teams bringing updates, do you think we will see changes to the pecking order in the top 10?
Not big. Since every team will have "significant upgrades" changes shouldn't be that big. I hope that leading 3 teams will be closer.

4) Should the Spanish GP be replaced by a more oldschool circuit? If yes, which and why?
I don't care which. Why? Circuit de Catalunya was always boring.

5) Ferrari had a relatively good race in Turkey - will they be able to repeat that success or will McLaren be in front?
I hope so and believe it's very possible.

6) Will Ferrari still not be able to qualify in the top4 or have they sorted their quali speed?
They should be closer.

7) Lotus are bringing a giant update which should give them nearly a second, will they be able mix it better with the midfielders?
One car in Q2 is max IMO.

Looking at previous races we can have some hope here. :)

It doesnt need to be replaced, just removed.

Bad race is better than no race. So replaced - yes, removed - no. If you hate it so much just don't watch, no one forces you. It will be like "removed" for you.

1) Pole and race podium?
Vettel again, podium: Vettel, Button, Kobayashi (yeah what?)
Sure
Shuffle shuffle and a pinch of salt
There are a million circuits in the list that would get replaced before this one.
Layered cake of both
Bit more competitive I expect, specially Massa
Still best of the rest
It'll be good

Why is the 'replace' question even there? There are at least 4 other circuits that should get the axe before even considering this one.

Last edited:
1) Pole and race podium? Vettel, Alonso
2) In Turkey there was about 80 pitstops in total, will there be as many here? More, hardcore track
3) Despite many teams bringing updates, do you think we will see changes to the pecking order in the top 10?It'll be closer together with Ferrari humpng Red Bull
4) Should the Spanish GP be replaced by a more oldschool circuit? If yes, which and why? I like the track a lot, better than a lot of the new fangled shit in the MIddle East
5) Ferrari had a relatively good race in Turkey - will they be able to repeat that success or will McLaren be in front? Repeat to infinity, no mroe excuses
6) Will Ferrari still not be able to qualify in the top4 or have they sorted their quali speed? Very near the top
7) Lotus are bringing a giant update which should give them nearly a second, will they be able mix it better with the midfielders?I want to see them in Q2, both of them
8) Can the tyres and DRS make this race exciting or will it be a snorefest? The combination will make even Valencia interesting

1) Vettel, Vettel
2) Just as many
3) Not much
4) No
5) McLaren in front
6) Not top 4
7) Maybe
8) Interesting race for mid-fielders.

1) Pole and race podium? I wish it was Webber, but Vettel
2) In Turkey there was about 80 pitstops in total, will there be as many here? They won't be kind to them, so plenty
3) Despite many teams bringing updates, do you think we will see changes to the pecking order in the top 10? Please Williams get better. And Force India even.
4) Should the Spanish GP be replaced by a more oldschool circuit? If yes, which and why? No
5) Ferrari had a relatively good race in Turkey - will they be able to repeat that success or will McLaren be in front? Mclaren will just be ahead still, but wait until Monaco...
6) Will Ferrari still not be able to qualify in the top4 or have they sorted their quali speed? See above.
7) Lotus are bringing a giant update which should give them nearly a second, will they be able mix it better with the midfielders? Meh.
8) Can the tyres and DRS make this race exciting or will it be a snorefest? I hope it's not.

1) Pole and race podium? Vettel, Vettel(but i hope not).
2) In Turkey there was about 80 pitstops in total, will there be as many here? Yes i think so.
3) Despite many teams bringing updates, do you think we will see changes to the pecking order in the top 10? No
4) Should the Spanish GP be replaced by a more oldschool circuit? If yes, which and why? Well there are worse tracks than this wich need to be replaced, like Valencia.
5) Ferrari had a relatively good race in Turkey - will they be able to repeat that success or will McLaren be in front? I predict tight fight between Mclaren and Ferrari.
6) Will Ferrari still not be able to qualify in the top4 or have they sorted their quali speed? No
7) Lotus are bringing a giant update which should give them nearly a second, will they be able mix it better with the midfielders? Hopefully!
8) Can the tyres and DRS make this race exciting or will it be a snorefest? Exciting please.

1) Pole and race podium?
Watch out for VMM again, ill say HAM, Vettel and Rosberg for podium
No
No
I dont know enough about spanish racetracks to answer.
no, they wont repeat. that felt like such a lucky draw to me.
only in the top 10 somewhere
Yep, they will both be in Q2!
Snorefest. i dont see how this track will benefit from the DRS

Last edited:
new hard tyre up to 2 seconds per lap slower

2 seconds :shock: that's a lot!
i don't think we'll see any of the top teams mount the soft ones during Q1...
and HRT will thank them because during FP2 they both were outside the 107%

Last edited:
During the practices, many of the cars looked quite difficult. RBR, Ferrari and MercGP all looked twitchy to me, McLaren and Renault seemed ok. Lotus-people said it takes time to optimize the car with the new parts, that probably goes for many teams. Alonso has qualified 5th in all the previous races, interesting to see if Ferrari can really improve.

so, what they are saying is that the Formula 1 race cars are more of a challenge to drive than before with these tires on them? that we may see some mistakes this weekend? that something dramatic could happen that would alter the outcome of the race? OH NO!

so, what they are saying is that the Formula 1 race cars are more of a challenge to drive than before with these tires on them? that we may see some mistakes this weekend? that something dramatic could happen that would alter the outcome of the race? OH NO!

what's with the sarcasm? have your heard a driver complain his car was to difficult to handle? i haven't...only that the tires are slow. they're racingdrivers! you expect them to be happy with a slower car?

EDIT: does the BBC red button function only work in the UK? i'm pressing like crzay! but nothing happens :(

Last edited:
That BBC Schumacher video was kinda kicking a man when he's down. I agree with it, but still not the best video to make.

Also these FIA jerks, why do they have to change rules and regulations every 4.3 seconds? By the time teams change things to catch up, these pricks change it.