2011 Formula 1 Gran Premio de Espa?a Santander

when he came out of the pits in 3rd, why didn't he use flick his switch to cut down significantly on the leaders?
you can blame the rules all you want, the F150? just sucks aerodynamically!

Yes, it does suck aerodynamically but you have just proven that aerodynamics is the only thing that matters in F1 these days, which means the F1 Championship isn't happening during the regular season, it's happening during the development season and all you can do is hope the engineers of your team did a good job. $5 says you can have shit drivers in the Red Bull cars and the team would still win the championship...

Yes, it does suck aerodynamically but you have just proven that aerodynamics is the only thing that matters in F1 these days, which means the F1 Championship isn't happening during the regular season, it's happening during the development season and all you can do is hope the engineers of your team did a good job. $5 says you can have shit drivers in the Red Bull cars and the team would still win the championship...

you have lost your mind. again, your teams cars just cant keep up. deal with it. your acting the same as the actual team, freaking out and blaming everything else because your not winning. its just sad. i dont see people like Mpicco complaining, he just accepts that the cars are slower and there is work to be done to catch up. its part of being an F1 fan.

Last edited:
Nope. VET and HAM drove circles around the opposition even when on primes. I'd say (and i think DC and/or Brundle backed me up on this) the primes are between .5 and 1 second slower in race trim.

Well I disagree, when Vettel and Hamsandwich had fresh primes I don't recall being anybody in a comparable car with fresh options to make a direct "same car, same fuel load" comparison between compounds. I still believe the gap was larger than 1 second.

The problem with Ferrari is they named the car after a truck and now it's behaving like one :p
Don't count us out yet... however it's getting to the point that if nobody rises up to the challenge (and Webber obviously can't), might as well give Vettel the championship now

Why does that matter? Butthurt? Please, just grow up man, this has nothing to do with being a fanboy. I'm simply looking at the bigger picture and from my point of view DRS, KERS, and the tire situation, have made the series worse taking more of the racing away from driver and putting more emphasis on the technology. At this point, why have human drivers at all?

Leave the guy alone man, he's far from being the only one saying these new rules are gimmicky and cut down on real racing. Without going further, why don't you bash this guy too?

It's a gimmick, and that's all I'll say on the matter. It was exciting in China, now it's getting old rather quickly.

Or Jordan and Coulthard, who were discussing exactly that F1 is becoming a spectacle but not a sport anymore just before the race?

Ferrari didn't win, clearly the rules are wrong.
:roflmao:

It's things like this that I wish I could see everyone's reactions in this board if we were back in 2004 after 5 years of Ferrari dominance... :lol:

you have lost your mind. again, your teams cars just cant keep up. deal with it. your acting the same as the actual team, freaking out and blaming everything else because your not winning. its just sad. i dont see people like Mpicco complaining, he just accepts that the cars are slower and there is work to be done to catch up. its part of being an F1 fan.

I just said that the car does suck aerodynamically. However, that doesn't change the fact that DRS, KERS, and crappy tires has degraded the quality of F1. You're being too stubborn to admit that and focusing way to much on the depiction of my avatar.

vikiradTG2007 said:
It's a gimmick, and that's all I'll say on the matter. It was exciting in China, now it's getting old rather quickly.

Leave the guy alone man, he's far from being the only one saying these new rules are gimmicky and cut down on real racing. Without going further, why don't you bash this guy too?

Or Jordan and Coulthard, who were discussing exactly that F1 is becoming a spectacle but not a sport anymore just before the race?

Thanks for backing me up man. I'd give you rep but my rep giving abilities have been taken away by the F1 Forum's resident douchebags.

Man I thought the F1 forum was great before reading this thread. Now it sucks :(.

F1 Forum's resident douchebags.

says the guy who judged someone based on the car they drive. you deserve all the neg rep you got just for that alone. IMO

lets end this crap now. you dont like F1 and some of us dont like the excuses you make for the lack of success of your team. agree to disagree, end of argument.

It's arguments like this over things like this which are slowly driving me away from F1. Really not sure whether I even have an opinion of the race, and at the same time I stood up until 1 AM to watch the end of Bump Day at Indy. :/

As for DRS, it ranges from making it too easy to pass (Turkey) to not really working (here). My proposal is scrap DRS and open up the KERS regulations in terms of energy storage, and increase the output to something like 130-150 kW. It would probably make it a slightly more relevant development. Right now, compared to things like hybrid LMP cars and the 911 GT3-R hybrid, it's...

Last edited:
It's arguments like this over things like this which are slowly driving me away from F1. Really not sure whether I even have an opinion of the race, and at the same time I stood up until 1 AM to watch the end of Bump Day at Indy. :/

As for DRS, it ranges from making it too easy to pass (Turkey) to not really working (here). My proposal is scrap DRS and open up the KERS regulations in terms of energy storage, and increase the output to something like 130-150 kW. It would probably make it a slightly more relevant development. Right now, compared to things like hybrid LMP cars and the 911 GT3-R hybrid, it's...

I would love for both of these two ridiculous elements to be removed from the cars. At the moment KERS is ridiculously underpowered and if it is given a boost it might just turn out to be another hugely unreliable piece of electronics, just like DRS is now. Hugely over poweredd on some tracks and absolutely meningless on others. DRS sux ass. Am I the onlyone who sees that it's the tyres that are the main contributor to the spectacular races we've seen this year?

Keep the tyres and bring back refueling. Ban KERS and DRS.
Cheapest ever rule changes for 2012 or 2013. Engines are already tiny enough and lets face it, ground effects will never ever return to F1 anymore.

Big LOL at all the ferrari fans all around the internet.
Small minded, sore, childish loosers. All of em. McLaren can compete agains RB in race trim, Hamilton and Button prooved it.
All teams are obeying the same rules. The biggest question i got after seeing the entire Spanish GP weekend...

What the hell is RB doing during qualifying?
Brilliant qualifying performance so far every weekend by a energy drink company.

Last edited:
Keep the tyres and bring back refueling.
Cheapest ever rule changes for 2012 or 2013.

Refueling is quite expensive, both from the pure costs to keep the machines ready and from the risk involved to your mechanics, the driver, the entire pit lane, your race, ...

Refueling is quite expensive, both from the pure costs to keep the machines ready and from the risk involved to your mechanics, the driver, the entire pit lane, your race, ...

It's still alot cheaper than new engine and completely opposite aerodynamics than what teams are running now.
And the reasons you list are the exact reasons I want them to allow refueling again. To increase human error possibility during pitstops and the pitstops look alot cooler.
With less fuel in the cars they go alot faster and tyres last longer and they're easier for the driver to maintain. The pit crew is as professional as the driver in the car. If refueling is a part of their job, they will do it well or as well as the can while doing their best to minimize all possible risks.

says the guy who judged someone based on the car they drive. you deserve all the neg rep you got just for that alone. IMO

lets end this crap now. you dont like F1 and some of us dont like the excuses you make for the lack of success of your team. agree to disagree, end of argument.

No I judged a guy based on his trolling statement and I happen to find Lexus/Toyota to be a boring car company so I put two and two together and made a funny. Geez, lighten up francis.

I like the F1 cars, drivers, teams, tech, tracks and races, what I don't like are the band-aid fixes to give off the appearance of racing. I agree with the others that KERS has the potential to be a beneficial thing but DRS has no place and its use is a complete crapshoot. If anything, they should let FOTA or the Driver's Assoc. make the choice on where the DRS zone should be, hell they're ones building and driving the damn cars.