2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada

No post race forum? :( Now when I a working live feed, they decide to skip it..

Oh and I stand by my words, Button has done enough in this race to get some kind of penalty. Was nice to see the finger get an erectyle disfunction. Satisfying.

Woah. The first 56 or so laps were entertaining when the Safety Car wasn't deployed, and the last ten laps - what a finish!
  • Button shining again. Glad for him, he's in the Top 3 of likable drivers for me (haven't seen enough interviews with all the drivers so I don't put anyone on the absolute top :D).
  • Shame for Vettel, but even he can make mistakes. Button and he made for a really awesome last few laps. I think maybe he could have won if he had gone faster while Schumacher was still blocking Button - his increase in speed once Button was closing in certainly indicates it was possible, perhaps anyway...
  • DRS really is something artificial. The difference on the main straight was just too much in my opinion. Like someone already said, it handed overtakes on a silver plate. Too easy. And just ask Webber if it makes the cars actually too fast... I laughed hard when he missed the corner two laps in a row after DRSing.
    On the other hand - WTF with all the regulations? I get it that only the driver in the back may use it, but not in the rain, not directly after a (re)start... come on people, the drivers are professionals, they can handle it.
  • Hamilton. I like drivers with an aggressive style (and I like old-school touring cars racing - think 1990s BTCC - the most because of it), but he takes it to a whole new moronic level.
  • Oh and of course: Massa! What a heavy foot (and DRS and perhaps even KERS) he had on the finish straight.

Last edited:
Hamilton should take a year out to do BTCC... his argey bargey will go far there. Get it all out of his system

No post race forum? :( Now when I a working live feed, they decide to skip it..

I obviously don't have any BBC feed at all, but was going to look for a forum feed. They're not doing it at all or the feed you had skipped it?

Great race. Poor Di Resta though. Was hoping for a great result for him. And what an ending by Felipe! Well done son.

Oh and I stand by my words, Button has done enough in this race to get some kind of penalty.

Okay, I'll bite...what did he actually do that deserved penalty?

- the incident with Hamilton - he was in the racing line, and Hamilton decided to create a new racing line where the wall was already standing. Watch the replays - Button was follow the racing line created by the cars in front of him.
- the incident with Alonso - okay, that's a bit more controversial, but he still didn't do anything wrong. As a matter of fact, he had to drive half a lap with a ruined tire, make a pit stop and get out on the track in 21st place after the incident. I think that's a big enough penalty for such a small accident.

I hope someone posts a youtube vid.. I missed this. >_>

What a race though, well done to Jenson. I'm not sure what will happen now, I think he had the line into that corner but I'm no steward.

The guys criticizing Hamilton's incidents, are you referring to the Webber or Button contact?
I think he's clearly to blame for the Webber one, but I can't get my head around the commentators criticizing him for the Button one. If they were in a corner and he only had a nose alongside and there was contact, fine, you can say he should have backed out. But on a straight it seems different; surely even if the guy only has a nose alongside you can't just move sideways into him? Otherwise in future all a driver needs to do to prevent being overtaken is move sideways into the guy trying to pass him and the would-be-passer would get a penalty? Can't get my head around that.
Nor can I why Button would be penalized for the Alonso incident. I'd presume it was Alonso under investigation more for turning into a space he knew was occupied by another car.
Anyway, apart from the Hamilton incident and subsequent moaning, Button was great, sure the safety car helped close them up but I think that only re-balanced his earlier bad luck.

Not going to go much further with this, only this: Button knew Hamilton was there, checking mirrors...avoidable incident. Alonso went waaay ahead, enough to impose the half car rule... bumps him instead of being normal and going that extra inch to the right...and he was barely on the rumble strips. Avoidable.

The fact, that I'm actually defending Hamilton up to a point, tells you that I mean it. Button has something coming his way.

BBC post race forum was declared unnecessary by Humpfrey whilst closing up the conversation...so.. :(

He overtook a Ferrari. Enough for fanboys to claim his head.

It's like you have no idea what's going on.

Last edited:
I can't believe I missed this race.. Is there a reliable place to torrent them? It isn't showing again on TV here in the States until Tuesday and I think I might die if I have to wait that long.

In my opinion the incident in wich Hamilton ran into Button was a racing incident. It just looks worse because it was his team mate who closed the door on him.
Not easy to overtake in rainy conditions and when Button had a bad exit out of the final corner Hamilton just decided to go for it. Button didn't see him because of the conditions and by the time Hamilton realized there would be an inevitable crash he had the nose of his McLaren along side Button and there was no room to slow down anymore. It's not like he was the only driver that trimmed his front wing a little... Heidfeld? Di Resta? Those front wings are very wide.

Oh, and running into Webber at turn 1.
It ruined both their races yes but come on, there have been worse race starts.
I personally like how Hamilton drives, I want to see drivers fighting for positions. And not only when they can deploy their DRS... a certain Webber ran into Kovalainen last year and did a sommersault. Nobody bitched back then...

Awesome race.
Montreal. Never disappoints. :)

Last edited:
The guys criticizing Hamilton's incidents, are you referring to the Webber or Button contact?
As I wrote earlier, for me the collision with Webber was an ordinary racingincident. Tried to overtake, too late on the brakes, boom. His fault yes, but especially in conditions like today I don't blame anyone for something like that.
The Button incident: Button followed the racing line. The one being least wet, which Hamilton also knew and which went less than one car width near the pit wall. Hamilton could have anticipated that. And being an F1 driver himself, I'm pretty sure he could also had known that all Button could see in the rear view mirror was his own spray.

Not going to go much further with this, only this: Button knew Hamilton was there, checking mirrors...
As I said, try to see a car without headlights in spray like today in the tiny rear view mirror of an F1 car. A silver one to boot. Good luck.

Last edited:
As I wrote earlier, for me the collision with Webber was an ordinary racingincident. Tried to overtake, too late on the brakes, boom. His fault yes, but especially in conditions like today I don't blame anyone for something like that.
The Button incident: Button followed the racing line. The one being least wet, which Hamilton also knew and which went less than one car width near the pit wall. Hamilton could have anticipated that. And being an F1 driver himself, I'm pretty sure he could also had known that all Button could see in the rear view mirror was his own spray.

As I said, try to see a car without headlights in spray like today in the tiny rear view mirror of an F1 car. A silver one to boot. Good luck.

I hope nobody gets any kind of punishment whatsoever.
This race was raced in damp conditions. Even the best of the drivers stuff it some times when racing in hard conditions...
I fully agree Hamilton could have been more careful. But i do believe when he saw how bad Button got off the final corner Hamilton decied to go for it.
It just looks worse than it is because Hamilton ran into his team mate.

Neg rep ability removed.

Why don't you remove neg-rep ability from d-Fence since he's the one just slinging it around for no reason?

He overtook a Ferrari. Enough for fanboys to claim his head.

I would neg-rep you for this asinine comment but oh wait I can't, because the dictatorship isn't allowing me to.

Last edited:
Why don't you remove neg-rep ability from d-Fence since he's the one just slinging it around for no reason?

I would neg-rep you for this asinine comment but oh wait I can't, because the dictatorship isn't allowing me to.

Forum reputation points, making life worth living 1 point at a time.

Because back in november you abused it, and got your neg-rep ability taken away.
And if you don't like how we run the forum, you can go to 4chan.

Last edited:

I think the last time (maybe the tenth time) Brundle and DC looked at it Brundle did notice that Jenson was staring in his mirror the whole time, was gently moving left, then as soon as Hamilton pulled left to get alongside, Button moved left faster. That's what I saw too, but it was subtle. I'm sure he still didn't know he was partially alongside, but he knew he was coming to try it I think. I think Button's one of the last drivers who would play ego games and squeeze someone. I really wouldn't argue that Button was to blame or deserves punishment, I'd more argue that Hamilton wasn't to blame.

I would neg-rep you for this asinine comment but oh wait I can't

Let's not see a little minus button as some kind of ultimate "assert my correctness" button. Adults can disagree or even get frustrated with each other and get on with it, it's pretty immature.
Protip; "But he neg-repped me first" is an argument that would prove my point.

Apples and pears...I reckon he knew he was there.

Neg rep ability removed.

Good, I planned to massacre everyone with red. Oh no wait... Can't see the point. Couldn't care.