2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada

Yes. Selective, that's a nice word. Cos if you spent time telling other people "oh if Hamilton/Button/Webber" bla bla bla, but no, you have a quick finger for the Ferrari trigger and so does everyone here. It's the Ferrari fans the only ones having negative impressions about other drivers, or at least, the only ones you seem to disagree with.

The thing is, that Ferrari fans happen to be the most dedicated ones. Ferrari is the only team, where in the perception of the fans the car is the most important thing -- no matter who's driving it at the time. When Schumacher was driving for Ferrari, he was being treated like a god by the fans. When he announced that he wanted to drive for Mercedes, he was accused of being a traitor.

I agree that Ferrari is something special and that Ferrari enthusiasts are probably more passionate in supporting their team. But that doesn't justify the sometimes ridiculous worshipping, that is going on sometimes. It's really hard to differentiate between "normal" Ferrari fans and extreme Ferrari worshippers, probably because even the more modest ones of the former occasionally show strong symptoms of the latter.

Yet so far I have refused to neg-rep anyone for it, with one exception (but that was a personal insult). Why should I get upset or even angry about something I simply do not take serious enough for getting angry about? :rolleyes:

As been said Rosberg and MSC are now tied, and the kind of maneuvers he pulled on wet conditions were better than anyone's yesterday. When the circuit dried out and the car started mattering more than the driver, that's when he lost the places.

We'll see about that. I wish Schumi luck and hope he manages to win some races again, before he finally retires. But frankly, when I look at him, I've got the feeling, that he is mostly in it for the fun now and tries to enjoy it in a way he never could in his successful time. I don't see the same ambition in him anymore, which made him world champion seven times, the ambition, that made him form the skid-rowed Ferrari team into a winner team in the 1990's.

Last edited:
The thing is, that Ferrari fans happen to be the most dedicated ones. Ferrari is the only team, where in the perception of the fans the car is the most important thing -- no matter who's driving it at the time. When Schumacher was driving for Ferrari, he was being treated like a god by the fans. When he announced that he wanted to drive for Mercedes, he was accused of being a traitor.

Have I ever said anything like this? Someone else a couple of pages back said something similar: "Schumacher drove well and everyone will admit that (except some Ferrari fans)"... you bunch are a jolly group when it comes to putting everyone in the same bag and words in other's mouths. I loved the Schumacher Barrichello duo and I didn't want Rubens to crash and burn once he had to leave Ferrari.

Schumi wanted to race again, in 2009 with Massa's injury, he almost came back to Ferrari. That didn't work well cos of an injury, but he still knew he wanted to drive, and Merc gave him a chance. I want him to do well cos I firmly believe he is a great driver and the success he enjoyed at Ferrari was indeed a team effort, the 5 titles in a row were not a coincidence. I believe many people, including many here, started hating Ferrari back in those years when we were so dominant, the same way some are already becoming sick of Red Bull, but mostly they refuse to say "Yeah, Ferrari was just that good back then"; instead they'll find arguments like Schumacher was a cheater, Ferrari had bought the sport and made the rules themselves, etc.
If MSC comes back and starts driving well again, there's a small hope in me that some people around here will start saying "alright, that guy is really good, perhaps those Ferrari years were justified", and maybe get off our backs as the result (and by this, I'm not saying I will try to artificially inflate his results).

I don't think he's a traitor nor do I think any of the Ferrari fans in this board do. If there are stupidly blind annoying Ferrari fans out there? I'm sure, the same way there are blindly supporting Hamilton fans, or whatever else, and they're all equally annoying, however for some reason a prancing horse anywhere around a post is a license to troll in this board.

The way that Schumacher overtook Massa and Kobayashi..nostalgia'd hard. I started cheering for him from then on...even more so when Massa ploughed in Karthikeyan (wat wus dat all about) and fucked shit up.

But watching Vettel then just effortlessly take off infront of him, when he was glued on his diffusor..then I didn't know what I was angry about. Vettel having such a stupidly fast car or Schumi having such a lawnmover.

Last edited:
Haven't been bothered to read through all fannying about, but can I just say that Button has gone up hugely in my estimation because of this performance. I don't understand how he did that. I think no-one does really. Drivethrough, collision and wing change, puncture, and then coming from last to win in 30 laps?! I've never seen anything like it...

The car and the team are by far the most important thing for me, F1 has become a team sport its not about the driver's like it used to be. I became a fan when F1 was going through this transition so it's only natural. On top of that, there is something to be said for F1 teams that share a piece of their F1 prowess through the production of fantastic cars. When you look at a Ferrari, a McLaren F1, Mercedes SLR, etc. you get excited, when you look a can of Red Bull you think "Why am I drinking this?".

I don't think he's a traitor nor do I think any of the Ferrari fans in this board do. If there are stupidly blind annoying Ferrari fans out there? I'm sure, the same way there are blindly supporting Hamilton fans, or whatever else, and they're all equally annoying, however for some reason a prancing horse anywhere around a post is a license to troll in this board.

I don't think he is a traitor, he's just German and just doing what any German citizen would do, drive the car that represent's their country you can't fault him for that.

I was supporting Schumacher in that battle as well. He was always the enemy for me through-out his career but I'm enjoying watching him race and would've really liked to see him on the podium.

What an incredible roller coaster of a race for Button. I thought it was all over (not just once after the Hamilton incident, but when he had the penalty, the wrong tyres, the collision and puncture with Alonso...) and yet he just drove the wheels off it. Vettel who had the perfect race by contrast just couldn't bring it home!

mpicco said:
Button had the drive of his lifetime here, played all his cards rights and it paid off.

On the contrary, he played them all wrong! Vettel was the one who played every card right. Button just somehow (I wont say lucked because he worked so hard) picked up a one outer Royal Flush! :p

Last edited:
Whoa what an race!! :bow:

(+++ Button) Button did an AMAZING job yesterday!!!
(++ Schumacher) Schumi had his best performance on Merc but it was a shame that the car lacked some pace compared to RB and Mac.
(+ Koba/Sauber) Koba took out again everything the car had to give. Sauber has easily the best tactical crew of the midfielders which nearly gave them a podium yesterday. Koba is now in 11th position on championship with 25 points and behind the 6th placed(Massa) only by 7 points!
(- Rosberg) He hasnt been able to collect point on last two races and Schumi has been faster too. He didnt have anywhere near the race pace of Schumacher yesterday.
(-- Massa) That crash from him was careless.It was a real shame that he crashed because it would have been nice to see him fight for the podium or even the win.
(--- Hamilton) He really needs to cool down...

Whoa what an race!! :bow:

(+++ Button) Button did an AMAZING job yesterday!!!
(++ Schumacher) Schumi had his best performance on Merc but it was a shame that the car lacked some pace compared to RB and Mac.
(+ Koba/Sauber) Koba took out again everything the car had to give. Sauber has easily the best tactical crew of the midfielders which nearly gave them a podium yesterday. Koba is now in 11th position on championship with 25 points and behind the 6th placed(Massa) only by 7 points!
(- Rosberg) He hasnt been able to collect point on last two races and Schumi has been faster too. He didnt have anywhere near the race pace of Schumacher yesterday.
(-- Massa) That crash from him was careless.It was a real shame that he crashed because it would have been nice to see him fight for the podium or even the win.
(--- Hamilton) He really needs to cool down...

I am a fan of VMM so i cringed at my friend who is an RBR fan when that happened yesterday but i dont see that as all his fault, Button seemed to push him into the wall, am i wrong?

All I can say is that I wish I could remember who here a few weeks ago suggested I start watching F1 again as I owe them a big :+1:. Well worth waiting for the thing to get under way again and well done to Jenson for a stunning drive.

^top tip: Watch the 2 latest races.. F1 this year has been anything but a yawnfest!
Just making sure the love goes round! Next race unfortunately, will not be near as good. Unless it rains :D

Indeed a great race, Canada doesn't fail to impress. Ferrari were a little bit unlucky, but you get these situations in the rain. Top drive by Jenson, but also good racing between Webber and Schumi.
I am a fan of VMM so i cringed at my friend who is an RBR fan when that happened yesterday but i dont see that as all his fault, Button seemed to push him into the wall, am i wrong?
Eh, he was taking the line that they all were coming down towards the first turn, so with the rain and the silver McMerc I think it's fair to accept he didn't see him.

Last edited:

the general consensus seems to be "hamilton should've known button couldn't see him in his mirrors, so he shouldn't have made an attempt to overtake there" :rolleyes:

General consensus is that crashing into your teammate is stupid. In fact all of Hamilton's driving was stupid and careless.

Just making sure the love goes round! Next race unfortunately, will not be near as good. Unless it rains :D

Indeed a great race, Canada doesn't fail to impress. Ferrari were a little bit unlucky, but you get these situations in the rain. Top drive by Jenson, but also good racing between Webber and Schumi.Eh, he was taking the line that they all were coming down towards the first turn, so with the rain and the silver McMerc I think it's fair to accept he didn't see him.

the general consensus seems to be "hamilton should've known button couldn't see him in his mirrors, so he shouldn't have made an attempt to overtake there" :rolleyes:

im not saying he did it on purpose and i think Ham should have let off maybe but in all i wouldnt compare this incident to the ones in Monaco that people are freaking out about. Im seeing people jump to that saying he was stupid some some shit.

Just finished watching after being pooped from Le Mans... HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

That was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

?6 pitstops (One for a puncture) one drive through, two collisions none of which was (arguably) his fault and that put him 21st and last....and he wins it. Drive of the decade NO DOUBT. No one has the right to say Jb cant race/overtake or is a "has been" any more. :)

Not sure I agree with that; Jenson would not have even remotely come close to winning had it not been for the safety cars closing the field up. So I'll still put Mark's drive from 18th to 3rd higher due to no safety car help :)

General consensus is that crashing into your teammate is stupid. In fact all of Hamilton's driving was stupid and careless.

woah! fucking high five there mate.

+ 1

Dunno why but I like the way butts is driving. I want him to win.

Called it,woot.

Since you've all pretty much said what I wanted to say, I wanna point out that vettel's safety car restarts are unnecessarily dangerous.

I absolutely love wet races because it relies more on driver skill rather than the car. For whatever reason, webber couldn't find the same amount of traction as seb and MSC holding off superior cars in the wet is just awesome!

Not sure I agree with that; Jenson would not have even remotely come close to winning had it not been for the safety cars closing the field up. So I'll still put Mark's drive from 18th to 3rd higher due to no safety car help :)

Yea, ummm, that part of the race. Take advantage o the opportunities given to you and its safe to say he did.

Fair enough, the time gap was taken care of by the safety car. But Button still had to overtake a lot of the drivers in front of him, which is still a pretty impressive accomplishment. Who did Vettel pass? Nobody.