2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Circuit_Gilles_Villeneuve.svg

Race date: 12th of June, 2011
Number of laps: 70
Circuit length: 4.361 km
Race distance: 305.27 km
Lap record: 1:13:622 (Rubens Barrichello, 2004)
Last winner: Lewis Hamilton

1) Can Hamilton get his 4th pole and 3rd win on this track, this weekend?
2) Who'll be on the race podium?
3) Will the tyres play out like they did last year?
4) Will we still see Red Bull in the front or will this be a track less suited to their car? Can Ferrari outpace them?
5) What do you think about the FIA announcing 2 DRS zones at this track?

1) Can Hamilton get his 4th pole and 3rd win on this track, this weekend? Well, I'd say no. Even last year was a bit of a lucky hit.
2) Who'll be on the race podium? Alonso, Massa, Hamilton ( prefferably in that order from 1-3 )
3) Will the tyres play out like they did last year? Pirellis are kinda unpredictable. Should be a hoot.
4) Will we still see Red Bull in the front or will this be a track less suited to their car? Can Ferrari outpace them? Ferrari...please make an effort. Make the bull rage.
5) What do you think about the FIA announcing 2 DRS zones at this track? This I'll answer with a photograph.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sc/schumacherm/2011/06/07/3993999159_b375f7dfba.jpg

Unless he goes mad like in Monaco, it's a possibility.

Three drivers and a representative of the winning team.

Some will literally drive their tires off the cliff and lose the race in the process. Who? No idea.

4) Will we still see Red Bull in the front or will this be a track less suited to their car? Can Ferrari outpace them?

Unless the team secretly installs an afterburner in Alonso's car, no.

Really don't care, Le Mans is the bigger race this weekend.

Very possible, im feeling it as i wanna see him push his car to the pits again!
Ham, Vet and one of either of thier teamates
Nope, its going to be completely different
i see one RBR on the front row but thats it
i think the whole track should be open to DRS no matter where they go (except like what they did in Monaco for safety)

1. Of course not.
2. RedBulls + Ferrari
3. Yes
4. Close but nothing dramatic. RB comfortably in the lead.
5. meh, DRS makes the race epic, as long as the overtakes aren't too artificial.

Do not think so - Red Bulls I am afraid.

Webber, Vettel and Hamilton.

No idea, this is the area where an upset could occur.

Prancing Horse - Not without a lot of wind tunnel work or a whole new aero package.

The track can take that - yes OK.

Last edited:
will the teams still be allowed to use the blown diffuser? or was it valencia were it will be banned?

if they're not allowed to, i really can see hamilton snatch the pole!

[/wishful thinking]

Red Bull and Mclaren lead the way in EBDs...with Ferrari and Renault on their tails. If anything only the gaps bewteen cars would shrink..

Blown diffusers aren't illegal, its the engine maps that put fuel and push air when off throttle that they might ban. Haven't heard the official word on it though.

I'm looking forward to this race. I'm guessing that Vettel will just run away with it again, but I'm hoping for a surprise.

Yes, I think so.

Vettel, Hamilton, Webber but no idea which order.

No.

Absolutely no way for Ferrari to outpace them, but I think the McLarens will give them a hard time.

I think it's a good decision, I hope it doesn't make overtaking too easy like we saw in Turkey.

Blown diffusers aren't illegal, its the engine maps that put fuel and push air when off throttle that they might ban. Haven't heard the official word on it though.

I'm looking forward to this race. I'm guessing that Vettel will just run away with it again, but I'm hoping for a surprise.

The engine maps will stay untill atleast the British GP. There'll be a meeting sometime this summer where it will be discussed.

I really hope so if that stops his whine. In reality tho i think Vettel will be dominant here but lets hope not.

1.Ham,2.Ros,3.Vet

Yep.

RB fastest then Mac and Ferrari.

That makes the race interesting!