2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix du Canada

Wow....what a race. Are there any incidents being investigated after the race involving Button? I can't remember...there were too many!

Oh my that has to be as good as the Chinese Grand Prix for sure.

Button haha awesome, 6 pit stops and you still win :) one of the best drives i have seen for a long time.

Loved the action all the way through this 24 hour F1 race even tho its 7.05am here.

I'm happy to see Schui up there for one time in the top 4, to bad there was no podium for ya..so close

Massa photofinished into 6th...well...it's something.

LOL VETTEL! NO FINGER!

Buttons win won't stick though. If he gets away with no penalties...

I seriously wanted Schuey to show them again...but this shit easy DRS overtaking is ridiculous.

great race from Button. can't stop laughing at Vettel. let's see that finger now! Webber did well to get to 3rd as well.

Shame Schumacher didn't make the Podium. Would of been good to see. DRS made it way too easy to pass down the straight, way too easy. You can only move once and once it's done you're a sitting duck.

They need to give a re-look at how it can be used, I don't think its use should be restricted as much as it is. If it were up to me, I'd get rid of it all together.

Oh my god. What a race. Devastated for Schumacher, any other year he could've stuck to the dry line and made it work. DRS cost him a second place. I think this will silence the critics for a while though, a wonderful drive.

Epic work by Button, to keep pushing pushing pushing all race. 6 pit stops!! Vettel finally makes a mistake, no doubt it's going to piss him off, just what he needs, more motivation. Don't forget though, he has still extended his championship lead!!!!!

With that said, it's now 7:12am bed time I think!

first, what a race! awesome drive by button!!!
second, what's the use of them fucking rain tires? they keep the cars behind saftey car untill inters are doable
third, what's up with all the investigations? let them race! if you touch, you most likely hurt yourself the most, so let it go!
if we keep this up, F1 cars will get a device saying "you are to close to the vehicle, please keep distance"

Christ, what a race. Button drove like a maniac to get first and well done to him but it will be interesting to see what pans out in the post-race investigations. Now to try and snatch a couple of hours of sleep before I have work...

Senna at Donnington would easily beat that in 93 I think it was.

That's how you finish a race god damn it! Button drove an amazing race, last to first after 6 pit stops is not something you see every day, lots of awesome overtaking as well. And Massa's photo finish was awesome as well, i can't even remember when I last saw a photo finish in F1...

Canada is freakin awesome!

Jenson Button - what an amazing driver!!!

Was last, made 6 pit stops, got a penalty, was in 2 accidents (none of them really his fault - Senna and Schumacher have done a lot more questionable maneuvers through the years), and at the end won the race!

Incredible! If FIA decide to take away his win, I will stop watching F1 altogether.

Is that a record for the most pits stops from a race winner?

Probably but also a record for a race leader being slowed down by the safety car.

Was an awesome race for Button and Schumacher but also Vettel. The Vettel haters might cheer now but the thing is: He enlarged his lead in the championship, because Hamilton and Alonso did a ZERO :tease:

Good thing is, that a guy I actually like won the race :)

Last edited:
Wow....what a race. Are there any incidents being investigated after the race involving Button? I can't remember...there were too many!

Yes, Alonso's exit and maybe others, as I lost track of all the incidents as well.

What a crazy race, I feel sorry for Vettel but pleased that someone else won other than a RB.

Really wanted Michael to get a podium, but he had his best race since the comeback.

LOL at the comedy marshalling, I think they need some training from the Monaco guys and to run more races at the track.

Two Torro-Rossos in the points and a Williams as well.

I kind of like these four hour GPs, a spell of racing, then two hours of bird watching and talking nonsense from DC and Martin Brundel, then a an exiting finish. :lol:

Excellent stuff, including the BBC closing sequence and recap playing "Highway thru the danger zone."

:cool:

Last edited:
That was a mad race. I'm not sure about Alonso/Button incident. I would like to see Button's onboard. Nevertheless it's nice that someone else than Vettel won this time. It was interesting that he suddenly realised that Jenson is behind and started to drive like 1 second faster. Was it tactical mistake from him?

Some hard words from Lauda:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92293