2011 Formula 1 Grande Premio Petrobras do Brasil

Nice race to cap off 2011. Hope Massa doesn't get any bullshit from Health and Safety for the donuts before entering the pit lane.

Ah well. Atleast Alonso made me smile with that pass on Button. Yet again he got every little ounce of performance out of that car. Salut, 150? Italia. Not the best, not the worst.

Ah well, I slept through it.. But really didn't feel like staying up for that, anyway.. Hope I can see the highlights/replay

bit of a tame end to the season, last couple of GPs were kind of dull. Probably good to get a break from it now but won't be long til it all starts up again.

Must be quite an hollow victory for Webber. With that gearbox problem, Vettel pretty much handed the trophy to the Aussie.

I bet you would have said the exact same thing in 1992. Yet from the way you word things you imply it wasn't one before.
Yes and no. For one, I've been following F1 for a very, very long time but I can't recall what I felt 20 years ago, there certainly were many seasons I did not care for. Two, I'm a casual fan, I like the technology and all that but I primarily enjoy racing. F1 to me is becoming too clinical, too calculated, too by the book. I welcomed Massa's and Hamilton's shenanigans few races ago and the animosity between the two because there was something going on; I had hoped it would continue. It's not even about Vettel driving off into a distance by the second corner, never to be seen again (or maybe it is), it just the whole thing to me feels like slot-car racing. They don't even drive in the rain anymore because "ooooh slippery, bring out the safety car".

Two, I'm a casual fan, I like the technology and all that but I primarily enjoy racing. F1 to me is becoming too clinical, too calculated, too by the book.

With all due respect, but with that statement you actually contradict yourself. In contrast to the years of utter Williams domination between 1992 and 1997, where Schumacher was the only one to take the fight to them, and later the snoozefest of Ferrari/Schumacher dominance form 2000 onwards, the current season has been positively exciting. Of course many people are bummed, because there came a dang german again and ran off with the trophy, but they forget that we hat 6 McLaren wins and brilliant win of Alonso in Silverstone as well. Even if Vettel was usually gone by turn 2, the racing behind him was always great to watch.
Many people don't seem to care for the racing, because in truth they just care for the winner and this year it usually has been the wrong guy for most people. We had so many great battles this season, more often than not involving Webber, Alonso or Button. It's one of the few seasons I can remember, where more positions were traded on the track than in the pits.

...It's one of the few seasons I can remember, where more positions were traded on the track than in the pits.
Would you give the credit for this to the DRS or the tires, though? Especially the double DRS races where it's very easy to regain the lost place. There were more places traded, sure, but only after the was included.

Many people don't seem to care for the racing, because in truth they just care for the winner and this year it usually has been the wrong guy for most people. We had so many great battles this season, more often than not involving Webber, Alonso or Button. It's one of the few seasons I can remember, where more positions were traded on the track than in the pits.

That's the truth, much entertainment was from watching the battle for the best of the rest. Even the midfield fights are pretty exciting.

Would you give the credit for this to the DRS or the tires, though? Especially the double DRS races where it's very easy to regain the lost place. There were more places traded, sure, but only after the was included.

Of course DRS and the tires made overtaking a much more common occurence, which renders the arguments that this season was dull even more absurd. But there were so many great battles - some influenced by DRS, some not. Just think about the epic brawl between Schumacher and Hamilton at Monza, or the last laps at Montreal with Button and Vettel duking it out. Saying that this year was boring is just plain wrong and coming from people, who havent seen the 2003,2004 or 1992,1993 seasons.

Yeah, I guess you could say it's just the means to an end..