2011 Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix

You mean 3rd fastest?
Nah, I meant overall, just didn't word it properly. 3rd fastest team, but there are 4 other cars that on paper should be beating him every race. The fact that he's fighting for 2nd in the championship is IMO, down to his superb driving.

Well technically there ARE 2 cars per team so I think that's what he meant. You can say third fastest but could be misunderstood as 3rd place too. He does have to fight through 4 cars that are faster than his.
Yes, that.

Last edited:
Was this the first race at this track?

If so, pretty damn good show... the track looks great and that middle section looks like hard work! love that last corner too and it provided some great wheel to wheel racing. This ones a keeper I reckon... one of the better of the new tracks.

Was this the first race at this track?

If so, pretty damn good show... the track looks great and that middle section looks like hard work! love that last corner too and it provided some great wheel to wheel racing. This ones a keeper I reckon... one of the better of the new tracks.

yes, last year they had a sailing contest, but this was the first proper race

yes, last year they had a sailing contest, but this was the first proper race
*laughs* "Sailing contest" properly describes it. "Wet race" simply is not a fitting description. It was like this year's Canadian Grand Prix, only worse.

let me be clear, i loved the race and i agree that HAM doesnt seem happy anymore but Vettel won again, i just want to see a fight for the win like we had for 2nd-3rd. thats all.

Crossposting from Funneh thread.

Not a direct quote but one from the top of my head:

Speed Channel:

"apparently after last years race the construction crews just packed up and left. When the teams came back for this year they said that the food that they had left in the fridges from last year was still there. That is why the track and surrounding area still looks the same, it was left like that."

interesting. Can anyone confirm this?

Why 2003? 2003 was more like last year, a mix of a several drivers winning and fighting for the championship towards the end of the year. 2004 is more likeable to this year, total and utter dominance by one man, one German man.

Yeah but most were won by Herr Schumness and he was going for his 4th in a row. I don't even wanna imagine how this board would be if it was 2004.

Well technically there ARE 2 cars per team so I think that's what he meant. You can say third fastest but could be misunderstood as 3rd place too. He does have to fight through 4 cars that are faster than his.

Yes, but he is 3rd in the drivers championship, there's a Red Bull and a McLaren which perform worse than his Ferrari, so... It's not so black and white.

Yes, but he is 3rd in the drivers championship, there's a Red Bull and a McLaren which perform worse than his Ferrari, so... It's not so black and white.

Yes exactly, that's what ride was trying to say. Alonso has the 5th fastest car but he's 3rd because he's driving better than "the other 2".

Yeah but most were won by Herr Schumness and he was going for his 4th in a row. I don't even wanna imagine how this board would be if it was 2004.

He won 6 out of 16 races in 2003, that's not most of them, that isn't even half.

For most of the last 20 years F1 has been a matter of utter domination by one team/driver combo

- 1992: Mansell/Williams
- 1993: Prost/Williams
- 1995: Schumacher/Benetton
- 1996: Hill/Williams
- 1997: Villeneuve/Williams
- 2000-2005: Schumacher/Ferrari
- 2011: Vettel/Red Bull

Quite a few of these involve a certain Adrian Newey (who was at McMerc during Hakkinens glory days IIRC), so if you want to bitch-slap anyone, it's him to have it coming. His cars usually turn out a step or two ahead of their rivals. I must say, it must suck to be any other designer. Getting shown how the job's done over and over again for two decades.

He won 6 out of 16 races in 2003, that's not most of them, that isn't even half.

It's still 3 times as many as the next best-winner who was his brother.

Still, stop breaking ma balls, you understood the point of him being annoying about someone being dominating and I picked a random season out of the many Schum/Ferrari won on the trot.

lukenwolf you forgot 2009 Brawn/Button, but still on many of those years the decisions went to the final or second to last races most of the time

Last edited:
F1Fanatic.co.uk said:
(about vettel)

He even indulged in his pleasure for fastest lap-hunting on the final tour, despite his team urging him not to: ?I think they will kill me now,? he said after the race.

?On the radio, they said ?you didn?t get the fastest lap? which obviously isn?t true, and then they came on the radio and said ?idiot, you got it.??

:lol:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/10/17/2011-korean-grand-prix-red-bull/

It's still 3 times as many as the next best-winner who was his brother.

Still, stop breaking ma balls, you understood the point of him being annoying about someone being dominating and I picked a random season out of the many Schum/Ferrari won on the trot.

lukenwolf you forgot 2009 Brawn/Button, but still on many of those years the decisions went to the final or second to last races most of the time
Okay, I'll give you that. I misunderstood the point you were trying to make.

I always try to take something away from seasons with dominating drivers and teams is the technical part, the team, the strategy. I find it fascinating how a well oiled machine of a team operates when they are winning; the perfect pit stops, the beautiful strategy calls, the technical beauty of the car. Which is why I'm kind of bored with the Red Bull domination, I guess, there is nothing on the car that makes it so good, or at least nothing clear, so I can't find anything to marvel at. The car is just well designed and executed, perfectly sculpted so that each part helps the other. I'm still fascinated by how well they operate though, pitch perfect through everything.