2011 Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix

What a race, I don't think I've enjoyed any other this much lately. Webber - Hamilton are putting on a brilliant show!

Well done to Vettel you stat whore :) time to mute the tv when he screams.

Lewis Vs Mark was so good to see, pitty we didn't have Button and Alonso right on them as well.

Alonso's saying "i give up, i give up" haha crazy stuff

Looking forward to India now.

Goddamnit Massa, GODDAMNIT! WTF!? For once when team orders would have done good, they never came. A podium for Alonso was certain in my book. That pace at the end was incredible.

Fockin hell.

Team orders don't make much sense, when both WDC and constructors title are already sown up. Ferrari don't care much for a podium, if you're not in the middle.

I think it was a brilliant race. Vettel did of course run away with it, because Hamilton, Webber and Button lost time with all the fighting - but goddammit it was brilliant to watch :)

I think it was a brilliant race. Vettel did of course run away with it, because Hamilton, Webber and Button lost time with all the fighting - but goddammit it was brilliant to watch :)
I'd actually forgot about Vettel as they didn't folow him much. The Ham-Web-But-Alo battle was good enough to be for the lead! I think we were really treated to a great GP.

Normally watching the race in German TV is an exercise in boredom, but today I got a nice LOL out of that lot, courtesy of Mr. M. Schumacher, who treated us to this little interview wit Kai Ebel:

KE: That's the third incident with Petrov this year. Do you think it would help to sit down with him and talk?
MS: With you as mediator, or what?
KE: Errr, no. (being a bit thrown for a loop)
MS: Vitaly is a good sportsman and you mustn't forget that the first two incidents this year were my fault.

Can you imagine him saying something like that 6 years ago? Great to see that the ol' man becomes a lot more relaxed in his later years, despite the somewhat disappointing results. :)

Goddamnit Massa, GODDAMNIT! WTF!? For once when team orders would have done good, they never came. A podium for Alonso was certain in my book. That pace at the end was incredible.

Fockin hell.

Alonso was very tight on fuel at the end. If he had been in clear air he might not have been able to increase his pace at all with his fuel situation.

Great race, can't complain much.

Re: Schumacher - Yeah he definitely took it well even on the BBC interview, although he couldn't have said too much seeing as like you said, the first couple were his fault.

Aside from that though, he looks like a man who's out there having fun, enjoying his racing. His Mercedes is usually good for some highlights every race, so I hope he goes on next year.

what the hell was that??

did i just watch a controversy-free race, and it still was entertaining to watch?

i love F1! great drive by everyone! don't understand that at the end, button couldn't get on webber's tail though

So, anyone have any idea whats up with Hamilton? Why is he acting like that?

And as for Vettel screaming at the end...Hell, Id be screaming like that too!

So, anyone have any idea whats up with Hamilton? Why is he acting like that?
I think he's just feeling the pressure of what's been a pretty difficult year for him. He spoke about trying to 'redeem himself' in the race after his qualifying effort and looked like he was making a concious decision not to be carried away with emotion from getting pole. If anything I think it just added to the pressure on his race, but credit to him, he was excellent behind the wheel today. Claims he's not ecstatic but he's happy after the weekend, which I think is fair. Probably just needs a good holiday.

You can add Alonso to that list as well. The guy's driven brilliantly all year in the 5th fastest car, but really wont end up with a lot to show for it. Hopefully for his sake, Ferrari have been making busy on the 2012 car.

Oh look, Vettel wins again...

You start sounding like a broken record. Yes, he won again, but who cares. It was a brilliant race with very entertaining fights. Godammit, can you people stop whinging already :?

I think Hamilton is broken, he doesn't seem as in love with the team as before.

Anyway, great race, very surprising to see such a controversy free race.

Oh look, Vettel wins again...

You must have been absolutely unbearable around 2003.

This time he overtook Hamilton for the lead and built upon it, after being world champion he could have sat back and not given a shit, but he did and put on a show, still you whine

You can add Alonso to that list as well. The guy's driven brilliantly all year in the 5th fastest car, but really wont end up with a lot to show for it. Hopefully for his sake, Ferrari have been making busy on the 2012 car.

You mean 3rd fastest?

Last edited:
Why 2003? 2003 was more like last year, a mix of a several drivers winning and fighting for the championship towards the end of the year. 2004 is more likeable to this year, total and utter dominance by one man, one German man.

Still feels weird to hear the Austrian anthem follow the German one. During the Schumacher years I began to think the Italian anthem was actually the second verse of the German one :lol:

At least it was a punchy and upbeat tune, much better than the dreary Austrian shit now :p

You mean 3rd fastest?

Well technically there ARE 2 cars per team so I think that's what he meant. You can say third fastest but could be misunderstood as 3rd place too. He does have to fight through 4 cars that are faster than his.