2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

You don't want the BBC one. Eddie Jordan is on screen at the moment and his shirt is hideous.

oi... big one there for perez

Thoroughly disappointed, thought Hamilton had it in him to get pole but the circumstances prevented him from properly challenging.

Glad to hear Perez is conscious and apparently, largely, ok.

Hope Perez is ok, that looked like a pretty nasty crash. Meh for the poleman.

Although he did a bloody good lap.

Oh come on guys. Does anybody seriously believe, that Hamilton or Button could have been more than 0.4 seconds faster to beat Vettel?

Clearly Perez' accident leaves room for speculation but I mean seriously, give Vettel some credit for an unbelievably fast lap, no matter what you think of him personally.

(but of course my hopes aren't high on that, because admitting he is the fastest in Monaco would mean admitting he is a actually a very good driver and not only taking profit from the car, and some people would rather gnaw their arm off than admitting that)

Last edited:
Can we sometimes stop this whining? Vettel has the best car and he's one of the best drivers out there. Can all you Hamilton and Alonso fanboys just ONCE accept that without whining and/or disrespective remarks? Just deal with it and wait for the race tomorrow. The last races have shown that RB ist way less ahead in the races, so just wait for the result. Good grief, I hate fanboyism. What happened to the times, when people just wanted to watch a race and respected the winner. Nowadays people chuck turds if it isn't their favorite chauffeur, who wins.

My favorite driver is mansell, do I get to bawl now in every second thread, because he won't win tomorrow?

Can we sometimes stop this whining? Vettel has the best car and he's one of the best drivers out there. Can all you Hamilton and Alonso fanboys just ONCE accept that without whining and/or disrespective remarks? Just deal with it and wait for the race tomorrow. The last races have shown that RB ist way less ahead in the races, so just wait for the result. Good grief, I hate fanboyism. What happened to the times, when people just wanted to watch a race and respected the winner. Nowadays people chuck turds if it isn't their favorite chauffeur, who wins.

My favorite driver is mansell, do I get to bawl now in every second thread, because he won't win tomorrow?

You really need to chill down mate. As I see things, people have nothing against Vettlel (I'm talking about irrational hatred here), it's just that they hate to see him already dominate the season (me included). Of course I'd love to be my favorite driver for all the races this season on pole and I wouldn't moan about it being boring and most of us would do the same.

It doesn't matter who dominates racing, people will complain about it or people will love it. And that would be true even if Senna would be racing.

Last edited:
So, why didn't they? Hamilton did a mistake by waiting for too long and was caught out by Perez' crash. But why didn't Button? He was running at the same time as Vettel.

Hamilton was first blocked by Massa on his first lap and after the crash nobody were able to improve on their laps. 'Mentally disturbed' after the crash?

aphadt, Button had the chance to beat Vettel before the crash and failed. Hamilton failed because he didn't even run, so they just failed, utterly. No one to blame, but MCLaren and their drivers

ALXBWSCREW: If a driver dominates a season, there's usually a reason to it. Vettel dominates, because he has the best car and is one of the best drivers. I would have liked to see Mark win a race or two, but he fails miserably, despite having the same car. In Barcelona VET ran without KERS in Quali and Mark barely managed to beat him by 0.2 sec - that's not the stuff i'd draw a lot of confidence from. So if anyone is to blame for VET's dominance it's the other teams' failure to build a car that can take the fight to RBR and Mark's failure to make the best out of parking his bum in the best bloody car of the field.
I would've loved to see a new winner every week as well, but fact is, that no one comes close to the Vettel/RBR combination atm, not even his own team mate. Rooting for Merc tomorrow. Just wanna see Nico or Scu scraping onto the podium tomorrow - that would make my day :D

Ferrari looks chill. I'm really bummed on Perez's crash, I was hoping he would make the race more interesting. Im glad he's doing ok though.

Vettel.....whatever I couldn't care less about RBR now and my boycott of their beverages continues.

Oh come on guys. Does anybody seriously believe, that Hamilton or Button could have been more than 0.4 seconds faster to beat Vettel?

It appears so:

Hamilton said:
?I felt I?d been driving well all weekend and I had the pace to be on pole ? I?m certain of that, in fact."
Alonso said:
"Today, McLaren were very quick and I think Hamilton was probably favourite to get pole. I don't think the result of Q3 represents the true order because the red flag mixed up plans for many of the drivers; for Hamilton it went badly."

LOL, Cellos, you boycott Red Bull because they mop the floor with Ferarri? I boycott it because it tastes like dog from behind, that's a way better reason to stay away from this?crap :D

BOLLOCKS. Hamilton's time has been deleted, he's down to 9th. :( :( Cut the chicane...