2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

"MacGuffin's swooning"

I have to agree with that. I don't like the resultant of him being too good, since as a spectator I like a stiff competition and many different winners. But his coolness and maturity, especially during the race win/quali pole radio conversation, is very admirable.

So the coverage is about to start on the BBC, can anyone be bothered to share a streaming live link to us? I'm searching but found nothing until now.

I agree that it's wrong. They didnt even bother to qualify in Karthikeyen's case.

Actually he had a rear suspension failure as he said (the wishbone was loose IIRC).

Last edited:
Actually he had a rear suspension failure as he said (the wishbone was loos IIRC).

yes, and if anyone of the top runners falls out, it's always a hydraulic problem

you believe anything they say?

yes, and if anyone of the top runners falls out, it's always a hydraulic problem

you believe anything they say?

Hell no, but I was just saying what he declared, not knowing if Red_Bull knew or not the "actual" problem.

Never mind, I have found a stream which works: http://www.vipbox.tv/
Easy and free, just click on formula one and BBC HD and you're underway.

Last edited:
Hell no, but I was just saying what he declared, not knowing if Red_Bull knew or not the "actual" problem.

I did not. It still doesnt change my opinion. I think (from a glance at the timesheets) they've been right on the 107% threshold through out practice and havent shown enough pace and reliability to race.

Vettel's lap was absolutely awesome. You cannot take that away from him, that thing was litterally a waffer away from being a huge crash. Props to him.

Interesting little note I made about Coulthards little RB simulator piece on the BBC pre-quali coverage. He's been out 2 years and he struggled with driving the car and operating the controls. So for Schumacher to be out 4 year (or is it 3?) and be in a decent position is pretty good I think.

On a more relavent note, I think if a quali has been suspended for so long, the cars should be able to wait out on the pit lane with tyre blankets at least.

Nobody is forcing them to wait in the pit lane for several minutes. They know when the light will turn green, they can time it to coast through without stopping (you could see someone do just that behind the McLarens).

For the BBC viewers...

Bernie didn't wear his seat belt properly... I smell a complaint wave coming.

Last edited:
what a crazy race! race will be restarted

The Beeb says they can place a big clown's nose on the car :lol:

ie they can do whatever to the car... would be great news for Vettel if there is more than the single SC lap.

Also, two hour limit?

Last edited:
Wow. Seeing those five or six cars to be lapped by the front runners, I thought "this will get entertaining"... well, one could say so. I guess Hamilton slowed down because of the three-wheeler in front of him and the guy behind him couldn't brake in time, crashing into him and then sending himself and one more into the barrier.
Let's see how the restart goes. If there's any track to defend a position with inferior material, it's Monte Carlo...

Regarding events before: Massa, really? Or did the collision with the impatient one (Hamilton) destroy some aero bits so Massa went wide in the tunnel?
And WTF Schumacher? Car died suddenly, it seems...

Last edited: