2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

Oh come on I wanted to see Ham Vet and Alo all fighting till the last lap on the tires they had. Poor Jenson :(.

Jamesallenonf1 James Allen
#f1 Bit of a premature call on Vettel win! He still has to hold on at restart for six laps with tyres that have done almost 60 laps
3 minutes ago

Maldonado and hamilton bring out another SC?
All good marshalls pull a copperfield

Last edited:
What a race! God I love the new rules!

WTF, everybody just changed their tyres? How much luckier will Vettel get? No one can convince me that he could fend off Alonso on those tyres without the red flag.

Oh and about that...6 jumped up guys trying to take 1 corner...just before the chicane I said to myself: I see a shitstorm a brewin'...

Let the whining begin...

Well as a McLaren fan I'm feeling a bit ripped off tbh! Definitely the quickest car out there and Button was deserving of the victory. But the team made a poor call (although at the time it looked like the right move) and he paid the price.

Very exciting race though, pity about the red flag robbing us of a good fight between Vettel and Alonso but glad to hear Petrov is ok.

Hamilton is my ass of the race for taking out Maldonado. Was really hoping to see him finish in 6th there.

Race long brainfade from Hamilton. Unlucky for Jenson, didn't make a single mistake but finishes below where he started. Very poor overtake by Webber on Kobayashi in my book, forcing your opponent off the track is not overtaking.

Hamilton deserves a DSQ for this race. Reckless and dangerous drive from him today.

WTF, everybody just changed their tyres? How much luckier will Vettel get? No one can convince me that he could fend off Alonso on those tyres without the red flag.

Without the red flag they would have finished under the safety car.

Well as a McLaren fan I'm feeling a bit ripped off tbh! Definitely the quickest car out there and Button was deserving of the victory. But the team made a poor call (although at the time it looked like the right move) and he paid the price.

Very exciting race though, pity about the red flag robbing us of a good fight between Vettel and Alonso but glad to hear Petrov is ok.

Hamilton is my ass of the race for taking out Maldonado. Was really hoping to see him finish in 6th there.

Interesting user name for a McMerc fan :D
We're talking about Monaco here. Seldomly the fastest car wins here - 1992 Senna/Mansell anyone? I think the race was great considering the snoozefest that Monaco usually is. Idiot of the race has to go to Hamilton, that was a rookie performance. Kudo's to Alonso for wringing the last out of that Ferrari and how in the name of all that's holy did Seb squeeze 61 laps out of the primes ? :eek: Remember - that's the soft ones at other tracks. Just for that lunacy he deserves the win. Heroes of the race - Kobayashi and Sutil

What a lucky goose that Vettel is! Only major accident and redflag could have save him and his tyres and so it happen to be.
I so wanted to see how he would have got overtaken by Alonso and Button as his tyres would have wore off due to that idiotic suicide tactic. That would definetly wipe off his selffish smile.

Without the red flag they would have finished under the safety car.

I was trying to say if they had a clean fight, e.g. no accidents at all, then the result would have been different.

Also, I like the fact that others have spoken about Hamilton before me (obvious reasons). That Maldonado move was atrociuos, he kind of shoved himself into Massa as well, he got into that jam at the chicane having tried to shove around Petrov...serious case of WTF for the man that claimed before the race that he is the only one able to challenge Vettel.

He could only squeeze out that many laps because it is Monaco. Any other race (apart from Valencia maybe) he would have been overtaken long before the end by Alonso and Button, who would have got Alonso no problem.

I was trying to say if they had a clean fight, e.g. no accidents at all, then the result would have been different.

Would have been interesting, indeed. I'm not so sure about it being a clear-cut third then though, after all it still is Monaco.

Damn the red flag! It ruined the great race. It seems Petrov has some leg pain but no more. 4th was so close for Koba but 5th is GREAT. I really hope Webber retires after this season, because hes performance was poor again. Hamilton made the race interesting to watch but he went a bit over the top. What was up with pit crews today?