2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

:think::roflmao::beer:

Using:

1. 4. Monaco has always been exciting, well at least for REAL F1 fans.

to infer the below :

... Ferrari never does well at Monaco so I'm not going to expect any miracles this round..... Monaco has been pretty dull in recent years so I'm not expecting things to be different here.

=

Cellos !! FAKE F1 fan !! Just trying to entertain !! Oh my god !! You have fucking wasted your life trying to support something your subconscious does not support !!

Kill yourself. That's as real as things should ever get.

Also, why do you think the greatest race in the entire world, Monaco, is dull? what do you mean?

Having a good result in Monaco these days, is 80% dependent on where you qualify, passing is extremely difficult on this course and the only thing that doesn't make it dull are the crashes (both accidental and premeditated). I enjoy the course due to it's history and scenery but with these modern cars its not the best F1 "racing" track.

Using:

to infer the below :

=

Cellos !! FAKE F1 fan !! Just trying to entertain !! Oh my god !! You have fucking wasted your life trying to support something your subconscious does not support !!

Classy McLaren fan, is classy.

Anyways.... Ferrari hasn't won at Monaco for 10 years now, they've gotten on the podium at best which is ok I guess. As for me being a true F1 fan, you sir are an idiot. Been watching the sport for years and know more than you'll ever know about the tech, engineering, and physics of these cars. Thank you, come again.

Last edited:
Oh, here he goes again with his "i got an engineering degree and work for a company that's owned by Fiat Group so i almost work for the Ferrari F1 team" spiel.

dumb ass Ferrari fan, is trolling.

Anyways.... Ferrari hasn't won at Monaco for 10 years now, they've gotten on the podium at best which is ok I guess. As for me being a true F1 fan, you sir are an idiot. Been watching the sport for years and know more than you'll ever know about the tech, engineering, and physics of these cars. Thank you, come again.

You just dont get it do you. btw, i fixed that post for you...

Oh, here he goes again with his "i got an engineering degree and work for a company that's owned by Fiat Group so i almost work for the Ferrari F1 team" spiel.

No.

You just dont get it do you. btw, i fixed that post for you...

I'm ready to move on are you? Care to answer my points?

Last edited:
No.

I'm ready to move on are you? Care to answer my points?

ok, what are your points?

Also, tell me if you have an argument/reply to me asking if you can tell me why your team is not winning without involving DRS or KERS?

ok, what are your points?

Also, tell me if you have an argument/reply to me asking if you can tell me why your team is not winning without involving DRS or KERS?

My team is not winning cause their car sucks and their pit strategy sucks. I've said this before, its not a secret.

My DRS + KERS argument pertains to the creation of artificial racing as it boosts the element of the spectacle that is F1 but it detracts from the old school balls to the wall racing. I'm not alone with this thought.

My team is not winning cause their car sucks and their pit strategy sucks. I've said this before, its not a secret.

My DRS + KERS argument pertains to the creation of artificial racing as it boosts the element of the spectacle that is F1 but it detracts from the old school balls to the wall racing. I'm not alone with this thought.

here is the deal with F1, every year the engineers are given a set of guide line to build a car around. what makes F1 fun for me is seeing the result. the best automakers in the world creating the greatest racecars in the world. if you are not winning in F1 then its your fault, not the fault of the rules. the argument about the DRS and KERS being "artificial racing" is a bad one. you could also argue that turbo and superchargers are in the same category as the force the engine to produce fake power. my point here is that DRS and KERS are in the rules weather you like it or not. DRS is thee because of the F-duct from last year, its F1's way of regulating what the teams already wanted to do.

If there is going to be an argument with the tires ill just jump on that now, the tires degrade fast and that makes for some epic racing. its another case of "here is what tools we supply, make the best of it". no matter the argument given, the bottom line is the argument always returns to this "if your not winning because of the rules then its the fault of the team". be honest, if your team was winning would you be concerned about the fake racing?

Using:

to infer the below :

=

Having a good result in Monaco these days, is 80% dependent on where you qualify, passing is extremely difficult on this course and the only thing that doesn't make it dull are the crashes (both accidental and premeditated). I enjoy the course due to it's history and scenery but with these modern cars its not the best F1 "racing" track.

Classy McLaren fan, is classy.

Make sure you all read the rules again.

every year the engineers are given a set of guide line to build a car around.

This, the rules are the rules are the rules. Most teams don't care how 'real' or 'fake' a regulation is, they're just looking to extract the maximum speed ideally through as many loop holes as possible.

If they miss a trick, well that's just tough and they'll have to do better next time... with the exception of Ferrari who will complain that it's the rules' fault as a face saving exercise.

There's also a whole 'nother subject that underlies which is related to the way different nations view F1. Some (such as Spain) are all about personality and destiny. Others (such as the UK) are all about technical competition.

super soft tyres which 'last ten laps'

so who will make the gamble of setting a time in Q3 on softs, and starting 10th? passing all the others when they have to get new tyres 5ish laps later...
if one can pull it off, it's button i think

here is the deal with F1, every year the engineers are given a set of guide line to build a car around. what makes F1 fun for me is seeing the result. the best automakers in the world creating the greatest racecars in the world. if you are not winning in F1 then its your fault, not the fault of the rules. the argument about the DRS and KERS being "artificial racing" is a bad one. you could also argue that turbo and superchargers are in the same category as the force the engine to produce fake power. my point here is that DRS and KERS are in the rules weather you like it or not. DRS is thee because of the F-duct from last year, its F1's way of regulating what the teams already wanted to do.

If there is going to be an argument with the tires ill just jump on that now, the tires degrade fast and that makes for some epic racing. its another case of "here is what tools we supply, make the best of it". no matter the argument given, the bottom line is the argument always returns to this "if your not winning because of the rules then its the fault of the team". be honest, if your team was winning would you be concerned about the fake racing?

That comparison is quite weak. DRS and KERS have VERY specific rules on it's use and amount of advantage turbo and superchargers can't effectively be governed by similar rules e.g. you can't have a turbo/supercharger only work for a few seconds every lap without seriously screwing up the engine.

KERS would be fine if it's use was unlimited, the power can be limited but it's duration and conditions shouldn't. I've already mentioned why DRS is whack in the other thread.

know more than you'll ever know about the tech, engineering, and physics of these cars.
I don't understand how this makes you more or less of a fan. My mother is a quite dedicated fan of the University of Texas baseball team, attending most of their games and following to the College World Series many, many times. While she understands the basics of baseball, she doesn't have an in-depth knowledge of the game, strategies, etc. She certainly knows less than my grandfather did, yet she's the more devoted fan.

That you are passionate about it shows you are a fan. I may think you're a misguided fan based on your choice of team, but that just shows my biases.

Back on the subject of the thread (Monaco GP), I hear we'll have some new pavement this time around, as settler mentioned.

That comparison is quite weak. DRS and KERS have VERY specific rules on it's use and amount of advantage turbo and superchargers can't effectively be governed by similar rules e.g. you can't have a turbo/supercharger only work for a few seconds every lap without seriously screwing up the engine.

KERS would be fine if it's use was unlimited, the power can be limited but it's duration and conditions shouldn't. I've already mentioned why DRS is whack in the other thread.

as i said before, lets continue this in the Tech Dev thread. my reply will be there.