2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

I DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY I HATE HIM, HOW PROFOUND IS THAT!!?!?!?! RING DING A DING.

I do: 'cause Ferrari's not winning :lol:

I don't understand why people have their knickers in a knot though, he's a driver, a good one. I think Alonso's a massive douche but I can still admit he's a good driver and I wouldn't care if he won 4 races at the start of the season. Because let's face it...if you only cared who won you wouldn't watch the race. You watch to see the race unfold and the races this year have been excellent, no matter who won.

Last edited:
I do: 'cause Ferrari's not winning :lol:

I think you'll find, if you looked through the forums before splourting out, the overwhelming vast majority of people here hate Ferrari and that is absolutely not the reason they hate Vettel.

Because let's face it...if you only cared who won you wouldn't watch the race. You watch to see the race unfold and the races this year have been excellent, no matter who won.

Erm... that's exactly why we watch the races.

"We are racing drivers, we race to win, not to come 2nd or 3rd", once a legend said.

Last edited:
Fine, from now on I'll stop buying Ferraris :shifty:

Not only Ferraris, but: Fiats, Lancias, Alfa Romeos, Ivecos, Teksid engine blocks, Magneti Marelli engine/vehicle components, CaseIH, New Holland, Steyr Tractors, and Kobelco. ;)

listen, the reason why we watch F1 even when someone like vettel is winning everything is because we want to see if our favorite team/drive can catch him. you watch because you know eventually he will make a mistake and someone will jump on it (turkey 2010). we watch because we hate him. we watch because it beautiful. and lets face it, we watch to see things like we saw in Q3. i believe the term is "cuz shit happens" or my favorite "thats why they play the game". You just never know, so why do we hate him? because we cant fucking beat him and as far as im concerned he must be cheating (i like saying that). here is the deal, Alonso is a great driver but his car is crap compared to the standard at Ferrari, Schumi is old and he is being beat by his younger teammate. Lewis and Jenson are fast and so is the cars but not as fast as RBR ect...

so, we dont "hate" vettel, we hate his success. Ask yourself, and be honest, when he ran his first race were you impressed? so, why didnt you hate him then?

And just for the record (again) im a Lewis/Jenson fan

Ferrari looks chill.

:hammer:

Vettel.....whatever I couldn't care less about RBR now and my boycott of their beverages continues

i hope your kidding!

Last edited:
so, we dont "hate" vettel, we hate his success. Ask yourself, and be honest, when he ran his first race were you impressed? so, why didnt you hate him then?

i hope your kidding!

I didn't hate him when he was on Toro Rosso. He did some amazing things with that car and its just sad the political corporate BS forced Toro Rosso to give him up to RBR. I would have more respect for him if he stayed with Toro Rosso and brought that team to the top.

I didn't hate him when he was on Toro Rosso. He did some amazing things with that car and its just sad the political corporate BS forced Toro Rosso to give him up to RBR. I would have more respect for him if he stayed with Toro Rosso and brought that team to the top.

well, its a combined team, we all know that. when the talent is ripe you take it from the farm team.

does this have anything to do with the engine in the STR? lol, is that why your mad?

I suppose you would respect him even more, if he switched from Toro Rosso to Ferrari, wouldn't you? ;)

I do: 'cause Mclaren's not winning :lol:

Fix'd. I'm no ferrari fanboy >:| I do have a soft spot for Alonso though, those eyebrows are adorable. NO HOMO. Oh yeah and hes a good driver too :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm being honest. I really don't know why I hate him. It's not dominance, because I didn't mind when MSC dommed for almost a decade. He even has more reasons why I should hate him.

On the surface, Vettel is a great guy. Fast driver, funny guy, bright smile....yet I still dont understand my hatred towards him. I wasn't joking when I said it was profound, but I really dont.

I thought about a few things, crashing into webber/button, front wing thievery, but even then I've seen much worse.

Last edited:
Yes, I'm being honest. I really don't know why I hate him. It's not dominance, because I didn't mind when MSC dommed for almost a decade. He even has more reasons why I should hate him.

On the surface, Vettel is a great guy. Fast driver, funny guy, bright smile....yet I still dont understand my hatred towards him. I wasn't joking when I said it was profound, but I really dont.

I thought about a few things, crashing into webber/button, front wing thievery, but even then I've seen much worse.

Fix'd. I'm no ferrari fanboy >:| I do have a soft spot for Alonso though, those eyebrows are adorable. :heart: . Oh yeah and hes a good driver too :rolleyes:

oh my... ummm, no matter how you cut it, thats "homo". sorry. (i sure hope for your sake your a girl)

you know what? i fixed it for you...

Last edited:
I just don't get how anyone can 'hate' anyone...any of the drivers I mean, seeing the risks they take for the love of their sport. It's all part and parcel of what motor-sports are, but when things happen it can still show just how dangerous flying around a track at high speed in a little carbon fibre 'bullet' will always be. Just got home to see footage of Perez's accident. :blink: Thank the cosmos he's not seriously injured.

Hamilton and Alonso's personality often rubs me up the wrong way, and Vettel does at times too (then, at other times I really like his playful trollish-like attitude - go figure)...but hate any of them? I have too much admiration for anyone who legitimately makes it this level based on their talent, determination and competitiveness, and tries to be successful doing something they love and have dreamed about doing all their lives, to hate them.

Just my 2c. :)

Last edited:
On a more relavent note, I think if a quali has been suspended for so long, the cars should be able to wait out on the pit lane with tyre blankets at least.

It really feels contrived when Hamilton could've at least pulled out a P2 but simply did not have the brake/tyre temperatures up. Especially with a track like monaco, where you have to do a few laps to be able to get into a rhythm.

I have to say, that I am kinda impressed by Vettel. Not only is he a good driver but also a rather intellectual and educated person. I saw some interviews and chats with him now, not only about F1 but also about life, women, fear and other stuff. And I must say, that I was surprised by how intelligent and mature Seb is for a boy of his age -- hardly using any uh's or umm's, when talking, being able to make grammatically correct sentences, that aren't just platitudes and phrasemongering.

I'd say he has more basic intelligence, than most of the drivers in the field, including Michael Schumacher. He's the kind of guy you can invite to a talk show and he'd be able to talk about more than cars or motorsports. He shows interest in many things and not only his profession. With Schumacher I always had the feeling, that he's living in a parallel universe, never reading a book or watching a movie, only lightly connected to our life.

With Vettel I have the feeling, that he's still part of our reality and not far from it.

Don't get me wrong: I'm far from being a "fan" but I like the guy.

Last edited:
I have to say, that I am kinda impressed by Vettel. Not only is he a good driver but also a rather intellectual and educated person. I saw some interviews and chats with him now, not only about F1 but also about life, women, fear and other stuff. And I must say, that I was surprised by how intelligent and mature Seb is for a boy of his age -- hardly using any uh's or umm's, when talking, being able to make grammatically correct sentences, that aren't just platitudes and phrasemongering.

Please do share!

sooo...among all the fuss, we would forget they're racing in a few hours!!

hamilton with his penalty? what does that mean for his tyres? his time got cancelled, does this mean he can choose which tires he starts on? if he can i think he should start on the softs, and hope for a safetycar 10ish laps down the race, and then try a 3 stopper...

they should include petrov's as well. he only knocked off his front wing, but the same thing happened...

According to GPUpdate HRT will be allowed to race today. I think that is wrong actually as both Hispanias are likely to crash during the race IMO.

Just saw the news is quite old on Autosport already, sorry for missing it. :wall:

Last edited:
The crashes are ony similar in what caused them to spin. But Perez started skidding way more to the left of the track, whilst Rosberg had a moment close to the rails. Rosberg also seemed to crash at a more suitable angle to propel him away.

It does seem that F1 cars seriously hate some kind of change in terrain just after they exit the tunnel. As far as I remember the hit list from there is Wendlinger, Button, Raikkonen, Petrov, Rosberg, Perez...to name but a few.

According to GPUpdate HRT will be allowed to race today. I think that is wrong actually as both Hispanias are likely to crash during the race IMO.

Just saw the news is quite old on Autosport already, sorry for missing it. :wall:

I think it's wrong too TBH. I just have a feeling that somebody from the leading runners is going to trip over those cars during the race.