2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

What a lucky goose that Vettel is! Only major accident and redflag could have save him and his tyres and so it happen to be.
I so wanted to see how he would have got overtaken by Alonso and Button as his tyres would have wore off due to that idiotic suicide tactic. That would definetly wipe off his selffish smile.

The tires were 50+ laps old at the time and they wouldn't have degraded much further. So there was a chance for him to hold on to the lead, because:

a) for one he had a working KERS
b) the DRS zone was too short
c) He had better traction out of racscasse, despite the knackered tires
d) Alonso couldn't solely comncentrate on attacking VET, he had to keep an eye on Button as well

Of course the restart helped him a lot, but I think, he could have still held off Alonso, the same way he managed to hold off HAM at Barcelona, by having the better traction out of the last corner.

Would have been interesting, indeed. I'm not so sure about it being a clear-cut third then though, after all it still is Monaco.

Wouldn't have been as easy for Vettel, that atleast.

4th after a horrible pit stop is pretty good.

That overtake though...and the fact that he got pwned at the start yet again...and that he obviously can't hold a candle to Vettel in the sam car...Brabham does have a point.

Wouldn't have been as easy for Vettel, that atleast.

Obviously. From a spectacle point of view the accident aftermath was undesirable, but that's racing.

That overtake though...and the fact that he got pwned at the start yet again...and that he obviously can't hold a candle to Vettel in the sam car...Brabham does have a point.

If not holding a candle to Vettel is the criteria then the majority of drivers should retire, no?

Seriously, he did have some bad races. However, just last season he almost won the WDC. You don't go from almost winning the championship to "Fucking retire already" (paraphrasing here :lol:) in a few months.

Let the whining begin...

I was about to post he very same sentence but you beat me :p

@the whiners:
So it's not Sebastian Vettel, who won the race, but he was saved by the red flag? Is that it? He didn't deserve it?

How thick can you get? I mean there is dumb, dumber, dumbest and then come you.

Jesus Christ, really...

Last edited:
The entire weekend Vettel has been reaping in rewards from other people's misfortune. First quali now a fucking red flag so he can change his fucking 50 lap old tyres. I would be lying if I said Vettel deserved his win.

Few thoughts on the race:
- LH generally being a douche bag, that pass in the tunnel was retardedly dangerous and he knew it.

- What happened to MS?

- Disappearing act by the marshals on (I think) pastors car :p

- DC made a remark on "his small brain cannot compute" when vettel didn't pit and I thought, "Its ok coulthard, you have the most majestic chin in all of F1"

- Overall the race was exciting till the flag. I wasn't even going to complain if vettel won because he truly deserved it if he made 60 lap old tyres work, but just....:censored:

edit: who was that girl in the orange/white dress behind button at the podium? :p:p:p

edit:
oh my... ummm, no matter how you cut it, thats "homo". sorry. (i sure hope for your sake your a girl)

you know what? i fixed it for you...

I would also totally go homo for button. :|

Last edited:
Most epic Monaco race for quite a while. And here's a big 'fuck you' to Hamilton. The gangbang is started by Hamilton IMO, since he kind of forced Sutil out to the dirty area, then hit the right rear wheel, and you all know the rest.

The entire weekend Vettel has been reaping in rewards from other people's misfortune. First quali now a fucking red flag so he can change his fucking 50 lap old tyres. I would be lying if I said Vettel deserved his win.

So you're saying the other drivers would have beaten his pole lap without the incident?

If not holding a candle to Vettel is the criteria then the majority of drivers should retire, no?

Yes, if they all drove Red Bulls. ;) I wrote that he is not matching him in the same car. Makes a difference.

Most epic Monaco race for quite a while. And here's a big 'fuck you' to Hamilton. The gangbang is started by Hamilton IMO, since he kind of forced Sutil out to the dirty area, then hit the right rear wheel, and you all know the rest.

Pretty sure Hamilton was nowhere near Sutil, who got out of shape because he had just been overtaken.

Holy crap, are any of you listening to Lewis on the Forum?

Pretty sure Hamilton will face some more heat during the week for his comments on the BBC Forum.

Hamilton was pissed ever since he was told to start at 9th. I still believe he would've been able to get pole or 2nd in quali, but it's all over now. (and before you ask, ofc I think he drove like an idiot)

Feeling really sorry for Button cos clearly he had a better race and/or faster car than Vettel today.

Really hoped Alonso could jump Vettel in the end, but once the whole thing got red flagged, Vettel got the win served on a plate.

if Hamilton wasn't knee deep in shit he's certainly in it neck deep now after his comments. you can't go on tv and make those comments.

What sort of misfortune did he profit from in quali? That HAM was too effing stupid to put in a banker lap on a track that has accident written all over it? He's not the fiorst time at Monaco. He knew it his prone to crashes and session stoppages. Waiting till the last moment without putting in a safety lap beforehand is just mindboggingly stupid, nothing to do with VET having luck.

When the red flag flew VET had held off Alsonso and Button for several laps already. Monaco's layout helps with that. There was no indication that he couldn't have done it a further 7 laps. While it was a lucky break, the length of the stoppage indicates that, had they not stopped the race, it would have ended under yellow, handing VET the win by default.

He may have not had the fastest car out there, but they chose a crazy-arse tactic and it worked.

-- deleted : post appered twice *AGAIN* -- (getting sick of that buggy Ajax malarkey)

Last edited:
I don't have BBC coverage (ESPN Star Sports is pretty lame), so what did Hamilton say?

I don't have BBC coverage (ESPN Star Sports is pretty lame), so what did Hamilton say?

he appeared on BBC Forum and went on to call the other drivers "fricking idiots" and that he didn't make any mistakes. when asked about if he was being targeted by the stewards. he claimed it was because he was black.

This is the first GP I've watched in a long time since comments here were suggesting it had finally become worth watching again. Both safety cars had an impact. But for the first one Button might have romped to victory but at least it set up a decent grandstand finish. Sadly the second one had much further reaching implications.

As someone who is pretty much neutral (I don't know who half the drivers are) I think it not only deprived us of a really good grandstand finish to this race but also means Vettel increases his lead which could, potentially, wrap up the drivers' championship with a number of races to go. If that happens then we're all losers.

Last edited:
he appeared on BBC Forum and went on to call the other drivers "fricking idiots" and that he didn't make any mistakes. when asked about if he was being targeted by the stewards. he claimed it was because he was black.

He was clearly joking about it being because he was black, unfortunately this aspect will probably get forgotten.
As for the first safety car hindering Button I think it actually helped him a lot and is put him a lot closer to Vettel than he would have been otherwise.

Last edited: