2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

He was clearly joking about it being because he was black, unfortunately this will probably get forgotten.

whether he was kidding or not, you can't go on tv and make those comments. it's going to paint him in a bad light (twitter is already going nuts about it) and the media is just going to love this. its going to tarnish what should have been a great race.

whether he was kidding or not, you can't go on tv and make those comments. it's going to paint him in a bad light (twitter is already going nuts about it) and the media is just going to love this. its going to tarnish what should have been a great race.

Anyone who makes an issue of it is a fucking idiot. He even said "as Ali G would say" afterwards. A driver who isn't a PR clone and people get in a hissy fit over it. I give up.

Hamilton accusing Massa to crash into him on purpose in Loews Corner (or whatever name they planked on it) on the radio was already pretty stupid. Basically the only way to get around that corner short of a powerslide is to turn in that tight, you know...

Highlight
2hi06j6.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone who makes an issue of it is a fucking idiot. He even said "as Ali G would say" afterwards. A driver who isn't a PR clone and people get in a hissy fit over it. I give up.

Precisely. He should forget about Twitter and think about sitting down and reading a good book.

His timing was poor though. If he makes the same comments mid-week, it looks like a joke. Straight after the race? Looks like his emotions got the better of him. I don't disagree about the PR clones though.

Hamilton accusing Massa to crash into him on purpose in Loews Corner (or whatever name they planked on it) on the radio was already pretty stupid. Basically the only way to get around that corner short of a powerslide is to turn in that tight, you know...

Massa did turn in sooner than in previous laps, but that was because Webber was on his outside which Hamilton wouldn't have known. I'm sure he'll accept responsibility for that incident when he sees footage.

Sorry, but saying such things after a race, even if they were meant as a joke, which I'm not too sure about, is just stupid. Spending an entire race driving as if you have your helmet on backwards and then sprouting that sort of crap is unprofessional. And to add to that. German TV tried to interview him after the race and he behaved like an utter jerk by refusing to say anything but a mock-mysterious "You'll find the truth". That's not only unprofessional, he might just as well have lost the last bit of respect.
Until today I thought of him a great driver. He gave Alonso a run for his money as a rookie back then and he can wring the last bit out of any car, but today he was just a big jerk, a sore loser and lost a lot of respect - at least in my opinion.

@the whiners:
So it's not Sebastian Vettel, who won the race, but he was saved by the red flag? Is that it? He didn't deserve it?
I think the BBC guys summed it up pretty well: Everything went brilliant for Vettel today, he basically won out of pure luck. But you don't get into a position to win out of pure luck without any merits, you make your own luck.

Holy crap, are any of you listening to Lewis on the Forum?

He was clearly joking about it being because he was black, unfortunately this aspect will probably get forgotten.
It's like Lars von Trier's "Nazi" comment in Cannes. The humor (and it definitely was at least half-joking, i agree) is lost in print. BUT the "black" comment will take the focus away from the really stupid things that Hamilton said, like calling the other drivers and the stewards a bunch of idiots. That might even play out in his favour in the end.

THERE GOES EJ!!!! ;)

Hahahah there goes DC :lol:

couldn't stop laughing at Red Bull throwing him into the pool. If there's one thing i like about the Red Bull team, is that they know how to have fun.

AND THERE GOES DC!

I demand footage. Is all of this covered in the BBC post race forum? DC, EJ, Hamilton being Hamilton?

Thank you both.

EDIT: That interview...well, let's just say that is why I don't like him. It's never his fault......

Last edited:
Thank you both.

EDIT: That interview...well, let's just say that is why I don't like him. It's never his fault......

You must absolutely detest Alonso then... and Massa...and Schumacher...oh wait...

I have to say his comments were obviously ridiculous, but from what I can tell people don't like him for his PR speak, etc... this ought to have cleared that up :lol:

To be honest, I don't care to much about that "because I'm black" comment. I think his whole attitude is wrong! He is like a bitch, a great racer nonetheless, but today he was a total jerk and very unprofessional in and out of the car!
Look on the other hand how well Paul di Resta behaved and he clearly admitted that it was his fault and apolized and accepted the penalty. I get that Lewis is emotional, but maybe its better that he stays in the truck next time and cools down before giving interviews...

Oh and BTW, I clearly think that the incident with Maldonado and Massa was Lewis his fault and I'm curious what kind of penalty he will get...

Sad to see that Lewis is going down this way...

Martin Brundle sums up why i don't like Lewis Hamilton
BBC Sport's F1 commentator Martin Brundle said Hamilton might have to adjust his thinking to stop frustration getting the better of him. "The problem with Lewis is that it's always someone's fault," he said. "You wonder if he needs a bit of a mindset change on that. To make the overtakes as he does you've got to be pretty adventurous. Lewis had to take some risks today, and he's been so unlucky all weekend. There was some frustration in his driving - but it can't always be the other guy's fault."

Hamilton spoke while he was emotional and pissed off. his comments are facepalm worthy even more so because his own attitude made this happen. he always sees other people making mistakes and never admits to his own. Paul Di Resta was the better man today for owning up, admitting fault and apologising. Someone should have grabbed Hamilton and put him into a room and let him calm down before speaking to the press. speaking to them with a cool head is far better than putting your foot in it with a pissed off attitude.