2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

You must absolutely detest Alonso then... and Massa...and Schumacher...oh wait...

BBC Sport's F1 commentator Martin Brundle said Hamilton might have to adjust his thinking to stop frustration getting the better of him. "The problem with Lewis is that it's always someone's fault," he said. "You wonder if he needs a bit of a mindset change on that. To make the overtakes as he does you've got to be pretty adventurous. Lewis had to take some risks today, and he's been so unlucky all weekend. There was some frustration in his driving - but it can't always be the other guy's fault."

Brundle must also be wrong then aye...

Look on the other hand how well Paul di Resta behaved and he clearly admitted that it was his fault and apolized and accepted the penalty. I get that Lewis is emotional, but maybe its better that he stays in the truck next time and cools down before giving interviews...

Paul Di Resta was the better man today for owning up, admitting fault and apologising. Someone should have grabbed Hamilton and put him into a room and let him calm down before speaking to the press. speaking to them with a cool head is far better than putting your foot in it with a pissed off attitude.

Yeah I think you've both got it spot on, I also felt Paul was refreshingly honest and managed to do so without being a PR clone or going overboard as did Lewis, well done to the Scottish rookie.

Hamilton should have gotten two drive-thru's but bribed FIA officials made sure that didnt happen. What a farce.

Monaco:

Impressed with Ferrari, its too bad the crash hindered Alonso's chances to win in the last 10 laps but it is what it is.
Vettel spraying the Monaco royal guard in the face with champagne = win of 2011 F1. :rofl:
Good job to Kobayashi hanging in there, his mistake at the end was unfortunate but his drive was impressive none the less.
Schumacher was fun to watch for a bit.

last but not least...

Lewis continues to show the world why he is a mega douche.

I'm wondering if everyone that is making such a big issue about Lewis' comments have ever seen Ali G?

When Lee McKenzie asked him why he thinks it is, he clearly pauses and tries to think of a reason and then finally smiles and says the very famous Ali G pisstake answer.

He even adds the "as Ali G says" part to try and make sure the reporters got the reference.

It's not at all like Kenye West's "President Bush hates black people" comment. it was a silly little joke.

It just looks like the normal people who don't like Hamilton already suddenly trying to find something to say about him

EDIT: That interview...well, let's just say that is why I don't like him. It's never his fault......

You must absolutely detest Alonso then... and Massa...and Schumacher...oh wait...
I know you were not talking to me, but that's exactly why i strongly dislike all drivers you mentioned (except for Massa, he has my sympathy cause he has to suffer under eyebrow man).

I'm wondering if everyone that is making such a big issue about Lewis' comments have ever seen Ali G?

As i said, it's like Lars von Trier's Cannes press conference: This kind of joke does not work well in print, which is why it will come back to haunt him. But the main problem with his statements was not the "black" part but the "everyone except for me are a bunch of idiots"-part.

I know you were not talking to me, but that's exactly why i strongly dislike all drivers you mentioned (except for Massa, he has my sympathy cause he has to suffer under eyebrow man).

As i said, it's like Lars von Trier's Cannes press conference: This kind of joke does not work well in print, which is why it will come back to haunt him. But the main problem with his statements was not the "black" part but the "everyone except for me are a bunch of idiots"-part.

Yeah I thought so too. I should be clear that I by no means agree with most of what he said. He was obviously fuming and the incidents were his fault. I do think the sewards were a bit harsh though and he did have a point saying that if you're gonna try and race for places at monaco, your chances are 50% at best so incidents should be a little less clamped down on. If the drivers had known they were going to be like this, no one would have even tried to overtake around there...

And I agree also with what you say about the "it's not my fault" attitude all of these guys have. I was just pointing out that SchumacherM can't cite that as a reason to dislike Hamilton over the others who do the same..

Excuse me, but he just takes it to a new level every time. Schumacher took responsibility for all the goofy shit he's been up to in his Mercedes carrer...you certainly won't hear him calling everyone idiots. Or anyone else for that matter.

Great race, bar the end with the red flag which kinda ruined the spectacle a bit.

Same about Schumacher, he was looking rather handy. Hamilton was just a bit scruffy, weekend didn't seem to be his best at all really. Button had a great race and again I think he could of had a go in the closing laps had it not been for the red flag.

Vetted deserved the win though, great driving by him all weekend. And lol at spraying the royal guard guy in the face. Bit of a knobbed thing to do but funny non the less.

Michael Schumacher

"Unfortunately, there are not a lot of positives we will be able to take away from this race. At the end, there was a fire inside the airbox and the car simply stopped, but the beginning of the race was not satisfying either. At the start, the anti-stall system suddenly kicked in which meant I had to re-do the whole starting procedure.

"Immediately after the race he was very down, and during a post-race TV interview he made a poor joke about his penalties that referenced Ali G. However, I'm pleased to say that he chose to return to the track a little while later to speak to the stewards about the joke. They accepted his explanation."

Lol what a frickin mess...

It was also nice to see the drivers get their trophies from Prince Albert and the rest, they looked like school boys next to teachers on the podium, they were super-careful :lol:

Finished watching the BBC forum...no wonder they won a BAFTA recently, this kind of coverage deserves rewarding :D DC had to be prised off the rails to go in the water, but hey...atleast he didn't lose his glasses :lol: This is it isn't it, I'm hooked on their shows. Thank god for the underground.. :p

BTW Red Bull do know how to throw a party...Newey with two chicks, Vettel and Horner diving like fishes...makes for good TV I suppose. :D

BBC Sport - Vitaly Petrov taken to hospital after Monaco crash

BBC Sport said:
Renault said a scan showed that Petrov did not suffer any broken bones and that he would be back at the paddock "within a few hours".

Good for Petrov, feel better soon. :thumbup:

I took Hamilton's comments with a pinch of salt, but the English tabloids may not.

Also, just prior to the race comment/joke, he was actually complaining about the fact that he had been in six races and been in with the stewards five times and that the other drivers are "ficken idiots". (Charlie Whiting or FOM may take a dim view of comments like that.) He also was rather sharp about the pit stop crew who "weren't there", which won't breed team spirit.

Button, his teammate, after the race was coolness personified.

LOL at Eddie Jordan and DC getting dunked in the Red Bull "floatahome" pool, but I don't think EJ looked too pleased at one point. The BBC F1 Forum is good fun to watch and they seem to wangle good access to the F1 teams after some races. (No MB with his ice creams yet this season.)

:lol:

Best part about the swimming pool bit when EJ falls DC said, "Well the hair looks good, it's staying on!" followed by Brundle laughing in the background. :lol:

rofl, today's race sums up pretty much why I never liked hamilton in the first place.

bitchy whiny sore loser.

Shouldn't we like drivers for their racing and not the personality? :dunno:

the BBC are incredibly good at this stuff. you can definately see the licence fee being put to good use.

The BBC coverage is pretty damn awesome if you ask me.

Last edited:
Finished watching the BBC forum...no wonder they won a BAFTA recently, this kind of coverage deserves rewarding :D DC had to be prised off the rails to go in the water, but hey...atleast he didn't lose his glasses :lol: This is it isn't it, I'm hooked on their shows. Thank god for the underground.. :p

BTW Red Bull do know how to throw a party...Newey with two chicks, Vettel and Horner diving like fishes...makes for good TV I suppose. :D

from Jake Humphrey on twitter
A few answers..stayed out of the pool EJ found his glasses. You can see the #f1 forum again on the BBC iPlayer. Thanks 4 kind word about show

the BBC are incredibly good at this stuff. you can definately see the licence fee being put to good use.

Shouldn't we like drivers for their racing and not the personality? :dunno:

A driver can be as good as he wants, but if he's got a bad character, he's hardly likeable. That's why so many people disliked Schumacher in his prime, because he always came across a bit arrogant. Thankfully he's changed. With that sort of stunt, Hamilton showed a lot of disrespect towards his competitors and not even god-like driving makes you likeable if you have a rotten character.