2011 Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix

its your approach, its wrong. when you run around acting like a know-it-all with no backing up of the claim and ignoring peoples challenges then you get "nailed to the cross"

And people telling me as to whether I'm an F1 fan or not because of my opinions on KERS/DRS, is the appropriate approach?

btw I'm not ignoring anyone's challenges, I explained my bit regarding supercharger/turbos and how =/= DRS/KERS but you haven't responded.

I'm not so sure. Webber dove through knowing there would be a crash if Kobayashi didn't cut straight through the chicane. Kobayashi then had to brake hard to keep off the wall because he more than likely would have been penalized for cutting the chicane and gaining an advantage. Basically Webber gave Kobayashi no room to turn in and make the chicane. In my opinion that's not overtaking, it's running someone off the track.

I got slaughtered for saying this. Not on here though.

I agree entirely. Got nothing in particular against the man, but the move wasn't up to scratch...

And people telling me as to whether I'm an F1 fan or not because of my opinions on KERS/DRS, is the appropriate approach?

btw I'm not ignoring anyone's challenges, I explained my bit regarding supercharger/turbos and how =/= DRS/KERS but you haven't responded.

where? (nice double post by the way, forget how to use a forum?)

I watched this race today for the first time.
It was so much fun!! Really wish Button had placed first, but a podium was still great.

My dream is to attend the Monaco Grand Prix before I die, man. <3

Last edited:
Shame that many Monagesque (sp?) people move out for a bit during the race weekend.

Supposedly a lot of fans camp on top of one of the hills and use it as a free, unofficial grandstand. I remember Louise Goodman talking about it during the 2008 ITV broadcast.

Shame that many Monagesque (sp?) people move out for a bit during the race weekend.

Supposedly a lot of fans camp on top of one of the hills and use it as a free, unofficial grandstand. I remember Louise Goodman talking about it during the 2008 ITV broadcast.

Yeah, I saw a lot of the spectators standing along the hill, and BBC mentioned they get a free view, IIRC.
I wouldn't mind doing it that way, as long as I get a chance to have a look around the track with my girl.
Just seems like a romantic place, despite all the testosterone associated with Monte-Carlo. lol

Last edited: