2011 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX

Missed quali due to having to be somewhere at that time without Internet access... embargoed myself from forums and news sites until I was able to watch a downloaded recording.

Close at the top, but to be honest... right now it's all leaving me rather indifferent. :|

fucking german! :D i already had my arm in the air, and then he finishes his lap :mad:
Should'nt you have the right arm in the air if the Germans are winning? :p
Close at the top, but to be honest... right now it's all leaving me rather indifferent. :|

Wut? Why's that?

I'm no so much indifferent as I am bored with 1 team being much better than everyone else...2009 was Brawn, 10 was RB and it seems RB remain well above the rest this season as well, if they're doing as badly as they claim in Malaysia and are still 1&3 on the grid, were headed for another crap season :(

Seems like OneHD is showing qualifying and the race for all races.. Pretty good.

I'm no so much indifferent as I am bored with 1 team being much better than everyone else...2009 was Brawn, 10 was RB and it seems RB remain well above the rest this season as well, if they're doing as badly as they claim in Malaysia and are still 1&3 on the grid, were headed for another crap season :(

since when is 2010 considered a crap season? it was awesome!

cool article about driving in a straight line!
http://www.theracedriver.com/2011/04/petronas-malaysian-grand-prix-watch-them-on-the-straights/

I just noticed that Kovalainen only missed q2 for about a half a second. And in q1 both Lotuses were unusualy high. Some good stuff from the proper Lotus team.

Pole slot moved to right hand side

so he'll be starting on the dirty side??

Apparently these Pirelli tyres don't really throw off marbles nearly as much as the old tyres, so it's cleaner off-line (Brundle mentioned this being an issue for the tactic of picking up 4kg of marbles on an in-lap to get over the minimum weight). Also, they mentioned that for the last 3 or 4 years the pole man hasn't led into the first corner, so pole was probably on the wrong side anyway.

since when is 2010 considered a crap season? it was awesome.

2010 was indeed good but only because Vettel and Webber kept fucking up terribly and they had reliability issues, but never once through the whole season was there any doubt which car is the fastest on the grid and I'm so very sick of it. I want some actual fighting for 1st position and not have it decided by DNFs or a pre-prepared recipe. We had enough of that the last couple of seasons.

Missed quali due to having to be somewhere at that time without Internet access... embargoed myself from forums and news sites until I was able to watch a downloaded recording.

any idea where I could find a decent torrent for Qualifs? Thanks!

I think Red Bull will be better in terms of reliability this year but not dominant when it comes to pace.

Really looking forward to this one - hopefully the Mclarens can hang onto the Red Bulls and make it an interesting race.

Nice 6th for Heidfeld too.

Seems like OneHD is showing qualifying and the race for all races.. Pretty good.

They've done that for the last few years. Hopefully it'll stay that way now that One is going to be moving away from the all sports format.

any idea where I could find a decent torrent for Qualifs? Thanks!

And you are...? People generally watch the streams or downloads their broadcasters offer, eg BBC for the UK members.

Apparently these Pirelli tyres don't really throw off marbles nearly as much as the old tyres, so it's cleaner off-line (Brundle mentioned this being an issue for the tactic of picking up 4kg of marbles on an in-lap to get over the minimum weight).
When you say old tyres, do you mean the ones at Melbourne or the Bridgestones? I'm 100% sure there was way more marbeling around Melbourne than last year. You could see it on the TV coverage too. The track was full of crap off line. I watched a recording of the race again afterwards and Brundle's comment was that the tyres didn't pick up the marbles as well, not that there weren't marbles there.

Last edited:
That's more like it Nick! :clap:

Seriously, I want him to do well. I'm not exactly sure why, I've pretty much ignored his existence for much of his F1 career. :blink:

Unless he does something really dumb, Vettel's gonna run with this one too. Hopefully someone or something can shake it up a bit.....

Heard conflicting weather reports from Speed TV's broadcast so far. One of the commentators (Will Buxton) was talking about how he had his rain jacket ready and said that the camera man already had his rain jacket on. A few minutes later the commentary announced that no rain was expected during the race.

I really don't know what to expect.