2011 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix

...not gifted? Take a moment to think about why Alonso was "clearly the fastest man on track". Oh, right, because the other top teams, RBR and McLaren, got screwed by the FIAs silly decision to start screwing around with the rules in the middle of the season for no good reason.

However as far as the FIA are concerned, probably true.

Just about every decision made in the Mosely era had been worked out between Ecclestone, Mosely and the relevant teams in advance of any actual hearing. Ron Dennis being the notable exception who wanted to prove his innocence, got him a ?100million fine from the FIA and had to prove his innocence in an actual French court instead.

Historically the FIA has been a corrupt organisation, who knows if that's changed with Todt.

The only thing that is true, is McLaren's spygate and Vettel's finger waving.

...not gifted? Take a moment to think about why Alonso was "clearly the fastest man on track". Oh, right, because the other top teams, RBR and McLaren, got screwed by the FIAs silly decision to start screwing around with the rules in the middle of the season for no good reason.

I go back to my original point. Who locked out the front row again? Yeah, its REALLY harmed them, hasn't it? :lol:

If they were suddenly two seconds off the pace you might have an argument, but otherwise not a chance you're fooling anyone.

As for McLaren - they were slower than Ferrari at Turkey and Valencia too, arguably Monaco as well. It happens.

LMAO. Biggest load of bollocks I've heard in a long time, so thanks for the laugh.

Last edited:
I go back to my original point. Who locked out the front row again? Yeah, its REALLY harmed them, hasn't it? :lol:

If they were suddenly two seconds off the pace you might have an argument, but otherwise not a chance you're fooling anyone.

As for McLaren - they were slower than Ferrari at Turkey and Valencia too, arguably Monaco as well. It happens.

LMAO. Biggest load of bollocks I've heard in a long time, so thanks for the laugh.

It hasnt harmed Red Bull but then it doesnt seem to have done Ferrari any damage either. McLaren on the other hand seems to have gone further back than they were 'till this race.

Well, the rules are reverting back to normal for the next race so shut your pie trap and let the tifosi enjoy the win.

You do know that "harmed them" just means "slower than they would have otherwise been", not necessarily "slower than some other team", right?

This honestly isn't that complicated. There are currently three top teams: RBR, McLaren and Ferrari. The silly rule changes clearly affected McLaren the most, they also affected RBR, they did not noticably affect Ferrari. Therefore, the rule changes gave Ferrari an advantage over the other two top teams.

What, arguments between fans of different teams/drivers about coulda-shoulda-woulda? Sorry mate, but these will happen every week until the end of time.

No, not that. There are some people on here who take this way to personal. Im glad we are having these talks but damn, some need to relax...they know who they are.

Good to see that the new updates brought to this race worked perfectly.)

Some people in here seems to completely ignore that Ferrari brought in some significant updates for this race...

Some people in here seems to completely ignore that Ferrari brought in some significant updates for this race...

because OMGZORZ THEY CHEATTSSSSS!!!!1111

FinalGear F1 Forum = Ferrari haters club.

Don't be daft, Alonso pulled away cos Hamilton and Vettel couldn't battle each other and maintain pace at the same time, it's a basic rule of racing. If the RBR pit didn't make their mistake, it would be Alonso instead of Vettel battling with Hamilton and it would have been a Vettel win.

Don't be daft, Alonso was still significantly quicker even after Vettel had already passed Hamilton. And if the RBR pit crew hadn't screwed up, it would have been Vettel and Alonso fighting for the lead, so to claim that the pit stop screw up was the only reason Vettel didn't win is quite silly.

Four posts, and you are already getting on my nerves. Brilliant.

My thing is why the huge hate for Ferrari in the situation? Okay, so they stayed silent... Okay, what is the big deal about that? Ferrari was hard at work and they brought a crapload of upgrades. They were more concerned about the development of the chassis instead of the constant complaining of other teams. Its in the record books and people are still talking about how Ferrari cheated because of Todt being the former technical director, etc. This will be one of the more controversial seasons I will remember for some time...

Here we go...

Oh boy...

Seriously guys, it's a sport. Arguing about which team/driver is better is not going to solve world famine or prevent a nuclear war. Yet judging by what goes on in these F1 forums, a lot of you seem to think that outcome of the civillisation as we know it depends on which driver is better than which.

Oh boy...

Seriously guys, it's a sport. Arguing about which team/driver is better is not going to solve world famine or prevent a nuclear war. Yet judging by what goes on in these F1 forums, a lot of you seem to think that outcome of the civillisation as we know it depends on which driver is better than which.

Frankly its been a while since I last took the time to read about the world. It's gonna come to an end sooner or later no matter what we do. I simply try and do my best to save water and keep the streets clean, thats all I can do right now. Besides most racing fans arent necessarily thick on that subject.

I'm not suggesting otherwise, I'm making the point that all the hatred and flame wars here are completely unnecessary.

You do know that "harmed them" just means "slower than they would have otherwise been", not necessarily "slower than some other team", right?

This honestly isn't that complicated. There are currently three top teams: RBR, McLaren and Ferrari. The silly rule changes clearly affected McLaren the most, they also affected RBR, they did not noticably affect Ferrari. Therefore, the rule changes gave Ferrari an advantage over the other two top teams.

Again, that's a load of speculative bollocks once again. How do you know they'd have gone any quicker had the rules not changed? We'll never know that. Plus, seeing as Ferrari brought a load of updates to this race (a fact you've seemingly chosen to ignore within your speculation) and that at Valencia Ferrari were pretty much there or there abouts Red Bull's pace, as they were in Montreal quali and Monaco race...I don't think the change in regs had anything to do with it whatsoever.

@Rafa - oh, so when the rules change and Ferrari are not at the back of the grid, there HAS to be some sort of conspiracy, does there? That's some strange logic you have, my friend. :lol: