2011 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix

What part of my last post was speculation? Trying to claim that RBR didn't suffer from the change in the rules at all is silly. Were they just trying to get the changes overturned up to the very last minute for the benefit of McLaren and Renault?
I also want to point out that I'm not accusing Ferrari of anything, nor do I believe in some weird FIA-Ferrari-conspiracy theory. All I'm saying is that the rule changes were retarded, clearly had an effect on the race and never should have happened in the first place. Oh, and that there needs to be a rule against changing non-safety related rules in the middle of the goddamn season.

Well I obviously disagree. Sure, trying to claim they didn't suffer might be silly, but saying that they DID suffer is equally stupid when they locked out the front row of the grid and got a double podium, and also lost the victory at China and Canada before the rules changed. What is the issue?

Once again, if you are actually claiming that Red Bull did not suffer from the rule changes you are saying that they were protesting them just for fun. I don't know how I can make this any more clear.
The issue, for me, isn't even about RBR or McLaren or Ferrari or the specific results at Silverstone. It is about the terrible mismanagement of the sport and the embarassment that is the FIA. Acting like this clusterfuck had no effect on the race just serves to downplay their screw up.

*grabs popcorn*

Once again, if you are actually claiming that Red Bull did not suffer from the rule changes you are saying that they were protesting them just for fun. I don't know how I can make this any more clear.
The issue, for me, isn't even about RBR or McLaren or Ferrari or the specific results at Silverstone. It is about the terrible mismanagement of the sport and the embarassment that is the FIA. Acting like this clusterfuck had no effect on the race just serves to downplay their screw up.

Well they WEREN'T effected were they? Let me give you the facts once again. A one two on the grid. Second and third place in the race. What is so bloody terrible about that when they are so far in front of everyone else in BOTH championships?!

Let me remind you that in the early part of last decade, many got bored of Ferrari and Michael Schumacher's domination. People wanted them slowing down. But when it comes to Red Bull, oh no it's totally terrible.

If they were hugely effected by that I mean suddenly 2 seconds off the pace, then they might have a reason to complain. But when they moan and bitch in such an unprofessional way on the build up to the race and then they still lock out the front row of the grid? What is the massive issue?

The ones that I think look silly here are the teams, and specifically, Red Bull for the way they conducted themselves over this issue. I have no problems with what the FIA did. It's their sport, they are very much entitled to do what they like with the rules - and if the teams don't like it, fine, go race in another series then. That's my view.

Red Bull looked hugely stupid kicking up such a fuss and then still locking out the front row of the grid and getting a double podium. That is just my view. The FIA were the only ones who looked credible, while the likes of Red Bull just looked like whinging kids.

Last edited:
...you can't be serious. Are you seriously incapable of seeing the difference between "affected" and "massively affected"?
And no, Red Bull weren't the ones who were incapable of acting like fucking professionals (nor were any of the other teams that complained and that you seem to ignore). That was very much the FIA, what with them changing rules mid-season for no apparent reason and still changing their mind about their changes on the race weekend. That was some some amateur level bullshit.

EDIT: Wait... you actually want them to punish teams for building faster cars than their competition? Or just Red Bull? Either way, I think we're done here. If you just want F1 to be a spectacle, not a proper sport, we're not going to find common ground here.

Last edited:
Wait... you actually want them to punish teams for building faster cars than their competition? Or just Red Bull? Either way, I think we're done here. If you just want F1 to be a spectacle, not a proper sport, we're not going to find common ground here.
So touring car championships like the WTCC are no proper sports?

Interesting.

I don't follow touring car racing. Are you talking about handicap/additional weight rules? Having rules that are designed in order to prevent huge disparities in the first place is quite different in my opinion from suddenly changing the rules in the middle of the season because the races weren't as competitive as you'd like them to be.

Just shut up. Please. Everyone. Ferrari won. RBR was second. The race is over. For quite a while now.

^^ Aftermath

tumblr_lpka6fW9wI1qlt7lao1_500.gif