2011 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix

3) Can the rule changes take Red Bull down the top spot and open things up for Ferrari and McLaren?

Hardly, considering the Renault engines got special dispensation to continue running with 50% throttle blowing when off-throttle, so the Red Bulls still have half a blown diffuser.

The FIA is a mess. Why did they just not wait until the end of season to make these changes. Insane man... Just crazy, it is not any of the team or engine manufactures. It is the complete incompetence of the FIA.

Well, if renault is allowed, then everybody else should, no, MUST be too. Same rules for all, or no rules at all.

That's crazy.
I guess the FIA decided to make these changes now because of how Red Bull has dominated the season?

And renault came back with "No actually we need that fuel to cool the engine". Probibly accompanied with an envelope full of donation money... I would have said "Well sorry adrian old boy, you'd better fit some bigger radiators in that car"...

I'm inclined to agree with you. The new Abbey Corner honestly has nothing on Bridge. There are very few places where cars can go flat out though a corner like that.

Except the fact Abbey is now a much faster corner than Bridge ever was? :p

Except the fact Abbey is now a much faster corner than Bridge ever was? :p

Except the fact that Bridge was much faster than Abbey is today before they put the chicane in before it in '94.

In any case, they replaced a tricky downhill off-camber flat-out right-hander with a tricky bumpy flat-out right-hander. Doesn't sound to me like the public is being ripped-off, the current Abbey in dry conditions is as mighty as the old Bridge corner was.

Last edited:
JHS: but Bridge was made epic by the elevation change. :p

Yeah, the new Silverstone is also good. It's as good as the original. Not better, not worse IMO.

Last edited:
How come the FIA can't do ANYTHING right?

1.6L and now this? Not to mention all the bad rulings and previous controversies.

Why is it so difficult to just use a little common sense? Are the french really that fucking retarded?

Are the french really that fucking retarded?

Yes.

Yes_check.gif

It now means that we have a multi-class racing series, like Le Mans. There are multiple rule sets that entrants can conform to one or the other of. They can drop the word "formula" from the title now I suppose. The actual difference may be imperceptible in terms of time, but in technical terms there are two classes of cars now.

Last edited:
How come the FIA can't do ANYTHING right?

1.6L and now this? Not to mention all the bad rulings and previous controversies.

Why is it so difficult to just use a little common sense? Are the french really that fucking retarded?

What's so bad about 1.6L?
And isn't the FIA an international organization, currently ran by a frenchman but while it was ran by Mr Mosley, it wasn't free of controversy at all.
I'm sure if they didn't do anything about off-throttle blowing, you'd be here bitching about how they were doing absolutely nothing about it and they're retarded because of it hurr durr durr

Anyway, why does the Hispania have that horrible fin, wasn't it banned for this season?

Thought Daniel Ricciardo spoke really well after Q1, seems to have a good head on his shoulders, hopefully he can have a real go tomorrow.

He also has a large nose. :p

Is anyone still watching the quali broadcast?

THE STIG DRIVING AROUND WITH VETTEL :D On the Liana of course, for the F1 drivers board

Lol loving the beebs show today. The adventures of lewis and jenson should be a regular feature, Murray walker back in the commentary box and TG preview!!

DIR qualifies in 6th, good effort for his first British GP.
HAM tenth, what happened there, I wonder.
Ferrari look close and I would like for them to do well, but will probably have more bad luck.
RB first and second on the grid, for a change. :lol: