2011 Formula 1 Santander British Grand Prix

Did I just see a subliminal message there?

There was a black frame with the F1 logo appearing on TV for about half a second.

Last edited:
So what's the order of the corners now, I'm a bit lost... The original first corner is gone/changed? And there is no more bridge?

All RBB front row.

Alonso P3, not bad.

So what's the order of the corners now, I'm a bit lost... The original first corner is gone/changed? And there is no more bridge?

It is still there, but on the other side of the track, sinc ethe pits are in a different location now.

There's nothing new other than a different start place. The track is the same layout as last year.

What's so bad about 1.6L?
And isn't the FIA an international organization, currently ran by a frenchman but while it was ran by Mr Mosley, it wasn't free of controversy at all.
I'm sure if they didn't do anything about off-throttle blowing, you'd be here bitching about how they were doing absolutely nothing about it and they're retarded because of it hurr durr durr

Anyway, why does the Hispania have that horrible fin, wasn't it banned for this season?

Pft, its nearly halfway through the season before they've done something, was I bitching before hand? I respect lolnewey's ingenuity.

Anyways, what a strange quali that was. DIR up in 6th and HAM in 10th? Also people saying that Webber does better without the weird things going on inside the engine while off throttle? Massa FINALLY showing true recovery?

We got to hear murray walker again! What a treat!

Last edited:
Good job Di Resta. The gap between the Red Bulls and the Fezzas is massive compared to the rest. Hamilton down in 10th should make it interesting though (assuming he doesn't bin it a few corners after the start). Alonso has a good chance of victory I feel.

Kobayashi's everyone's favourite. :D

The sad thing is that once he gets into a top team all that will change.

Last edited:
Apparently there's still a chance of a shower or two in the race. Typical British weather, completely unpredictable.

Kobayashi as a world champion - I cannot express how much I would love that thought.

Unfortunately, it's hard for a driver to remain popular with everyone when he starts to threaten the championship hopes of drivers that people are loyal to.

Look at Vettel. He's still a flawless driver and a thoroughly nice person, but these days I find myself wishing his engine could blow or something as I'm just sick of him winning all the time. These days I'm finding myself supporting anyone BUT Vettel.

Anyone who claims to support a driver purely on his merits is either a) a rare breed, b) watches F1 purely for the sport or c) lying.

Last edited:
PFFFT so much for rule changes affecting Red Bull's pace. U Mad, FIA? Also, my brain is having a little difficulty adjusting to the new Silverstone layout. I found myself thinking 'Wait a moment, what corner number is this now? Wasn't it....but didn't they used to.....ARGH does not compute!'

I'm think this going to be good.... showers please! :D

As for favourites....um I have too many to list, I like / support, to varying degrees, just about half the grid which makes things a little difficult sometimes, when I can't make my mind up about whether driver X moving in front of driver Y is a good thing or not. :lol:

But, for this race now, at least, GO MARK! :dance:

Webber, my man! The only one who actually pays British taxes on pole, sweeeeeeet!

Also,
KOOOOOOOOOOBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know I think the FIA should change the rules just as the cars are being rolled out on to the grid tomorrow without telling anyone, well except Ferrari of course. That will make it fair and peg back Red Bull. :lol:

Last edited:
is he your favorite?

Impossible to say for certain, he's one of the two drivers I support, the other being Sebastian Vettel. If it came down to Kobayashi challenging Vettel for position during a race, or vice versa, in practice I'd like to see Kobayashi triumph in such a situation simply because he's the underdog, however with likelihoods coming into play, I want Vettel to win the championship, if only because I know just how unrealistic it is to hope for Kobayashi to win.

Supporting these two drivers has never, in practice, created a conflict of interest during a race. In realistic terms, I get to watch Vettel challenge the frontrunners for a race win and I get to watch Kobayashi fight through the middle of the pack, while ignoring the back of the field. If the situation were to arise later on where it was Kobayashi driving for a top team and battling Vettel for a world championship, my heart would go with Koba.

I respect Vettel's talent but I don't like him, really. I can't stand the Ferraris usually even though Ferrari is my favorite car marque. Usually they seem arrogant and I really can't stand Alonso or Massa. I would be more interested if they were to have other drivers.

I like Hamilton because he's aggressive and my favorite team has always been McLaren.

Like murray said, we all have a soft spot for Webber. He's just worked his ass off to get to where he is today and he just deserves so much more. Its frustrating to see this "new breed" of F1 drivers that are funded and are practically given their spot on the team. *COUGHVETTELHAMILTONCOUGH*

I like the idea of working for your spot; like Alonso, Webber, and Button.