2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

The problem with the Hamilton to Red Bull rumor is what about Ricciardo? He is clearly earmarked for Red Bull in the near future and as long as Red Bull stay competitive, Vettel is staying there.

The problem with the Hamilton to Red Bull rumor is what about Ricciardo? He is clearly earmarked for Red Bull in the near future and as long as Red Bull stay competitive, Vettel is staying there.

Whens webbers contract ending? I wouldnt be surprised if he gets replaced by Ricciardo.....he hasnt been very well good as of late.

sadface.....

Last edited:
Webber and Vettel do a year by year contract with Red Bull, he could easily leave at the end of this year.

But it would be so sad to see him leave F1 without a title in his hand.

Whens webbers contract ending? I wouldnt be surprised if he gets replaced by Ricciardo.....he hasnt been very well as of late.
I think Ricciardo will take a Toro Rosso seat for a year or two before being given a shot at Red Bull.

I don't think so, maybe if Torro Rosso sack a driver mid season again.

They already sacked Lamy? I wonder if he'll ever get another job as a race driver after that race...

They already sacked Lamy? I wonder if he'll ever get another job as a race driver after that race...

He took the opportunity of the post-race press conference to slag off the team in public for not giving him driving time in the car, so yeah, I don't think he'll be driving for them any longer. As far as I'm aware he had only about 34-35 laps in the car out of the 355-lap distance.

Last edited:
Webber and Vettel do a year by year contract with Red Bull, he could easily leave at the end of this year.

But it would be so sad to see him leave F1 without a title in his hand.

Webber yes, Vettel no. He is signed to RB until the end of 2014

Webber will have a ride for next year even if it isnt at RBR

Webber has publically said that he doesn't want to drive for any other team than Red Bull, although if Ferrari or McLaren made noises I'm sure he'd change his mind

I think Ricciardo will take a Toro Rosso seat for a year or two before being given a shot at Red Bull.

Current word is the Ricciardo will be in a Toro Rosso before the end of the year at the expense of one of them. Trouble is, he can only go to Red Bull against Vettel, which is surely a great way to stall his career. Unless he beats him of course...

As for Webber, so far his results this year have been 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 4th, 4th and 3rd. Ok so not astounding but hardly disastrous. And he's third in the championship.

Intresting bit of news: R?ikk?nen will be driving a Red Bull F1 car at a showcase event in Helsinki in July. Clearly Kimi has a good healthy relationship with Red Bull. Could this be sign of things to come?

Aww, it turns out Kimi will be only driving his WRC car

He took the opportunity of the post-race press conference to slag off the team in public for not giving him driving time in the car, so yeah, I don't think he'll be driving for them any longer. As far as I'm aware he had only about 34-35 laps in the car out of the 355-lap distance.

Sore butts for losing so epicly to the lone Audi.

Sore butts for losing so epicly to the lone Audi.

He was the slowest driver in the car in second place and only drove a few stints on Saturday evening. So it was more about not getting to drive instead of losing the race. With Lamy's pace, had they put him back in the car, they'd have lost by far more than those 13 seconds.

He was the slowest driver in the car in second place and only drove a few stints on Saturday evening. So it was more about not getting to drive instead of losing the race. With Lamy's pace, had they put him back in the car, they'd have lost by far more than those 13 seconds.

Losing is losing by 13 seconds or 40 laps... The humiliation of having 3 cars and not be able to battle a single loner Audi that was reporting fuel pick up problems will not be lessened by the 13 seconds gap.
As far as Lamy's pace, nobody will ever know what would have happened if he got to run a bit more. If he was on the team of drivers then it means he had done practices with the car and everyone was happy with his performance, otherwise he wouldn't have been called in the first place. When you're in a team of drivers and the team doesn't let you drive, it's only natural that you end up pissed off and disappointed.

Anyway back to F1