2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

It's all marketing trying to sell F1 in India of course, but it won't work as well as it did when the germans or the spanish started liking F1 cos their drivers were winning, not just running...

It's all marketing trying to sell F1 in India of course, but it won't work as well as it did when the germans or the spanish started liking F1 cos their drivers were winning, not just running...

just like there doesn't seem to be more interest in f1 here since d'ambrosio participates. everyone goes "good for him", turns around and continues with the things they do in life...

I wonder how long it will take before F1 teams consider offering Grosjean a drive again. He really caught my eye as he seems to be genuinely talented given the fact that he returned to GP2 and leads the championship.

I wonder how long it will take before F1 teams consider offering Grosjean a drive again. He really caught my eye as he seems to be genuinely talented given the fact that he returned to GP2 and leads the championship.

Yeah, he got into F1 at a very unfortunate time, in the middle of Renault's crashgate, the team was basically falling apart, getting worse by every race, and of course he had Alonso as his team mate - which doesn't really help if you want to make a good impression in F1.

I'd give him another chance, I think he deserves it more than most of the other guys in GP2.

Yeah, he got into F1 at a very unfortunate time, in the middle of Renault's crashgate, the team was basically falling apart, getting worse by every race, and of course he had Alonso as his team mate - which doesn't really help if you want to make a good impression in F1.

I'd give him another chance, I think he deserves it more than most of the other guys in GP2.

+1

But he was genuinely struggling to perform at the time. Maybe it was down to the lack of testing.

might happen sooner than you would expect

But it is thought that if Heidfeld is to be replaced before the end of the season it will be towards Romain Grosjean that the team will turn.

Team principal Eric Boullier is an admirer of his fellow Frenchman, who currently leads the GP2 series with four wins. Grosjean was drafted into the team in 2009 after the sacking of Nelson Piquet, but with no testing and up against Fernando Alonso in the other car he didn?t look great. Boullier believes he deserves a second chance.

?He wasn?t ready in 2009 and those seven races alongside Alonso did him a lot of harm,? Boullier said over the weekend. ?He?s proved in GP2 this year that he?s a very good driver and he deserves a chance.?

The word is that as soon as he wins the GP2 title, it?s thought the 25 year old will be drafted into Heidfeld?s car. The final rounds are at Monza in early September, but he may have it wrapped up by then.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/...t-in-hungary-but-grosjean-is-the-real-target/

also:

Everyone is remaining positive and Kubica?s rehabilitation is going well, but if he is able to recover sufficient feeling and movement in his severed right hand to drive an F1 car competitively, it will be a miracle.

:(

Last edited:
Senna will replace Heidfeld at Hungary!

Sauber retain Kobayashi and Perez

Sauber retain Kobayashi and Perez

From F1 Planet... Awesome news!:bow:

Sauber have confirmed that both Kamui Kobayashi and Sergio Perez will remain with the team for next year's Championship.

Kobayashi, who joined Sauber at the 2010 F1 season, has impressed his team bosses both on and off the track, having taken the role of team leader this season.

"We are very pleased with our drivers. Kamui has grown into his role extremely well this year," said team boss Peter Sauber.

"Though it is only his second full Formula 1 season, he is already taking on the responsibilities that naturally fall to the more experienced driver in the team.

"We are delighted with him at both a sporting and a personal level. We had an option of working with him in 2012 and there was never any doubt that we would take it.

As for Perez, Sauber reckons the rookie driver has already outperformed all expectations.

"Sergio has achieved more than one could expect from a rookie. From the very first race he proved that he is capable of driving not only fast but consistently as well. And after the accident in Monaco he demonstrated that he can handle difficult situations too.

"From the outset we had already signed a contract with Sergio that went beyond 2011. With a rookie that always entails a certain risk, of course, but clearly it has paid off."

Kobayashi thanked Sauber "putting their faith in me and the guys for all their work" while Perez added that he welcomes the "continuity and this way I can intensively prepare with my race engineer for what will be my second Formula 1 season."

Personally i'll rather get rick rolled than listen to linking fucking park. Shame the fucking idiots at the organising committee doesn't know jackshit about F1, if they do a screening of the Senna movie at the Esplanade theatre (pokey looking thing you guys see on TV) and charge a nominal sum i'll be more than happy to watch the movie there.

Yeah, but you know, in Singapore they only see F1 as a means to and end to earn more tourism and exposure.

360025361.jpg

nice to see massa and alonso there, no sign of anything red bull though?

also, happy birthday to alonso! (yesterday)

360025361.jpg

nice to see massa and alonso there, no sign of anything red bull though?

also, happy birthday to alonso! (yesterday)

haha the F1 boys raging! That is pretty cool to see, especially Alonso and Hammy posing together, lolwut.

Bernie Ecclestone said:
?Formula 1 is absolutely not the right place to have electric engines,? Ecclestone told The Express. ?It?s like having ballet dancers with sneakers - more comfortable, but it doesn?t work. There?s no way that it will be electric in the pit lane. People could be killed because they won?t hear the cars coming.?

Ecclestone went on to claim that the idea is of long-term friend and former FIA President Max Mosley, as opposed to current leader of the federation Jean Todt:

?We can?t blame Jean Todt because this was started by Max. It was Max?s original idea. His idea is what is being promoted now.?

BERNIE & THOUGHTS THAT MAKE SENSE?!??! What is this black sorcery? I agree completely, Mr. Money.

There's a big difference between nationality and ethnicity. I don't think everyone here is understanding that. Your nationality is the country you were born in, period (unless you've gone through a naturalization program to another state). But your ethnicity is your cultural heritage.

Unfortunately these things are often the same word. "I'm Irish" can mean either "I was born in Ireland" or "I'm an Irish-American" because the language doesn't differentiate.

Exactly this. I was born in New Zealand and that's the country in which I hold nationality. However, there isn't really such thing as "New Zealand" ethnicity other than the M?ori. My ethnic descent is a mixture of mostly Swedish and German. I don't have a drop of M?ori blood in me.