2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

Thaw Daggerslash is either trolling, or he simply doesn't understand Finnish humour.

Both Hakkinen and Raikkonen have a very similar approach to the media.

I think by the amount of negative responses you're getting here, you can realize he did inspire and earn the respect of many people, including a legion of fans...

+1 Agreed.

Kimi is an outstanding character in the F1 paddock. If Thaw Daggerslash thinks that unnecessary PR bullshit is the most fundamental aspect of a worthy world champion, then I'm afraid he has wasted the past 18 years of his life.

I think this Raikkonen discussion has run its course long ago, it's a scientific impossibility for absolutely everyone on the forum to agree on the subject, so: MOVING ON... :clarkson: Red Bull says curfew rules need tweaking

Not sure whether the Beeb's commentary team were joking or serious when talking about breaking the curfew with marketing people who were also trained to work on the cars. Paranoia much? :lol:

(For the record, I don't like Kimi, but I'm not exactly fond of anyone else on the current F1 grid either)

Last edited:
(For the record, I don't like Kimi, but I'm not exactly fond of anyone else on the current F1 grid either)

Change your TV channel back to endurance racing, you LeMans slut : p :mrgreen: :p

Thaw Daggerslash is either trolling, or he simply doesn't understand Finnish humour.

Both Hakkinen and Raikkonen have a very similar approach to the media.

+1 Agreed.

Kimi is an outstanding character in the F1 paddock. If Thaw Daggerslash thinks that unnecessary PR bullshit is the most fundamental aspect of a worthy world champion, then I'm afraid he has wasted the past 18 years of his life.

I find it pathetic that in this day and age, you can no longer express a difference in opinion without being accused of being a "troll". I mean, what the actual f*ck is that about?!

I'm very sorry we don't see eye to eye - but to call me a troll? I think that YOU must be the one who has wasted most their life if you think for one minute that someone who disagrees with you is a "troll". In actual fact, I think to sink to that level shows that you're incapable of responding to any of the things I said regarding Kimi, but whatever, your loss.

You have your opinions - I have mine. I think Kimi's a boring sod who I don't think deserves to be in Formula One AT ALL, you think he should be. Fair enough. Let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
I find it pathetic that in this day and age, you can no longer express a difference in opinion without being accused of being a "troll". I mean, what the actual f*ck is that about?!

I'm very sorry we don't see eye to eye - but to call me a troll? I think that YOU must be the one who has wasted most their life if you think for one minute that someone who disagrees with you is a "troll". In actual fact, I think to sink to that level shows that you're incapable of responding to any of the things I said regarding Kimi, but whatever, your loss.

You have your opinions - I have mine. I think Kimi's a boring sod who I don't think deserves to be in Formula One AT ALL, you think he should be. Fair enough. Let's leave it at that.

The problem is that you don't state your opinions as such but they look like they're just facts you're numbering on your fingers, there's a difference. You came in guns blazing saying he didn't deserve his title, he doesn't belong in formula one, and honestly you picked a wasps nest, cos many people here think Kimi put on a good show and deserved his victories and fans.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen

And if you can't take people having a difference of opinion over something without feeling the need to call them a "troll" - then get off the internet. ;)

Whatever. Kimi doesn't appeal to me at all. Hope he doesn't end up in Williams. As I say, there's many more deserving young drivers I'd love to see get the chance over Kimi. Get new blood into the sport. He's had his chance, and I don't see how it'll be any different second time round. That's all.

Thaw, the problem is that you come running in with a barely double digit number of posts to your name and start 'rallying' against a driver that many people like. Of course you can have your opinion, but then you better back it up, because saying that Kimi didn't deserve his WDC is a strong claim, because you can call the man a lot of names, but 'untalented' is certainly not one of them. I've always had doubts about his work ethics and his professionalism (or occasional lack thereof) - one need only remember the 'I was having a sh*t' comment during Brundles grid walk, but his talent as a driver is in no doubt and on that basis he certainly did deserve his title.

Teams do not select their drivers based on their appeal to forum members. They want drivers, who get the best out of the car and Kimi is certainly a guy to get the job done if the team manages to keep him motivated, so I wouldn't bge surprised if he did a Lazarus and came back.

And if you can't take people having a difference of opinion over something without feeling the need to call them a "troll" - then get off the internet. ;)

The number of posts you've made, checked. Your join date, checked. The quality of your post, checked. Last but not least, the ridiculous claims you made but couldn't backup, checked.

Yeah, I'd you are simply here to troll.

So it's either that or you're genuinely an F1 idiot, only to be amazed by the PR media talk, rather than on-track action.

The number of posts you've made, checked. Your join date, checked. The quality of your post, checked. Last but not least, the ridiculous claims you made but couldn't backup, checked.

Yeah, I'd you are simply here to troll.

So it's either that or you're genuinely an F1 idiot, only to be amazed by the PR media talk, rather than on-track action.

Hey man - let me know when you've finally taken your head out your arse, and then I'll talk to you...

I'll stand by what I said - it seems you've finally run out of things to respond to on a debate about a driver - instead it seems you have to come up with rubbish about how many posts I've made and when I've joined. What that has to do with what I've said, I have no idea. I made several long posts voicing my thoughts, and all you could respond with is some stupid one liner, using insults. Classy mate, really classy. I thought that's what 10 year olds did before they learned how to debate...

I didn't realise you had to have 500 posts here before being allowed to express an opinion - must go back and check the forum rules it seems.

It seems you didn't really bother to read what I've put - I said that on his day I think he's a good driver, and he has performed very well. But his performances have been irratic, sometimes he hasn't seemed bothered, and he doesn't really strike me as a team player. He's just not my cup of tea -but to each their own. If you like someone who speaks in a monotone drawl and really needs a haircut, then I can see how he might appeal.

Last edited:
Stop the madness!
Indeed. Such vain elitist feelings should have no place in a civilized forum. It is Thaws' opinions and personal feelings, he's allowed to have them whether he has a single post or a thousand, joined yesterday or X number of years ago.

I've always had doubts about his work ethics and his professionalism (or occasional lack thereof) - one need only remember the 'I was having a sh*t' comment during Brundles grid walk

Man I'm the polar opposite of this. I wish there were more people saying "I was having a shit" instead of going like "yes the PR department told me to tell you I was engaging in important and fun business, i'd like to thank the team for all their effort in helping me achieving my defecation goals and the sponsors for providing the toilet"

Man I'm the polar opposite of this. I wish there were more people saying "I was having a shit" instead of going like "yes the PR department told me to tell you I was engaging in important and fun business, i'd like to thank the team for all their effort in helping me achieving my defecation goals and the sponsors for providing the toilet"

That's not exactly what I'm referring to. The situation in question was the then-last race of Schumacher. He was presented some sort of trophy for his achievements. And you can dislike the man for a lot of things, but he's still a great driver. When Brundle asked why he missed the ceremony, he answered with the sh*t comment. I wasn't objecting so much about the profanity, but the context in which it was used - it showed a definitive lack of respect towards a fellow driver, namely one that had 7 times as many WDC's to his name as Kimi. I'd call that very unprofessional. When it comes to personality, I prefer people like Button or Alonso. Kimi is a helluva driver, but his character could use a little fine-tuning. I doubt that he'd spend the time on filming a long double-feature with Vettel, as Alonso has recently done for German TV. It isn't all about the driving, but entertainment as well. Nobody wants the ridiculous NASCRAP style interviews, but a basic respect towards the competition and also some respect for the audience (as they are a major source of revenue) should be expected in a professional driver.

I'd call that very unprofessional.

I call it awesome. I agree with mpicco and many others on this when I say that I wish that drivers are more like this, rather then the "I better be the company man" thing most of them have going these days.

That was the perfect reaction to the situation IMHO.

Indeed. Such vain elitist feelings should have no place in a civilized forum. It is Thaws' opinions and personal feelings, he's allowed to have them whether he has a single post or a thousand, joined yesterday or X number of years ago.

Four posts? STFU noob! :p

You're right of course.

Reports are quite positive about Kubica's recovery, his personal doctor said he'd be driving an F1 in 2012 (bit optimistic I think), his manager says Robert will inform Renault whether he'll be ready for 2012 in 6 weeks

Article here

He's a fantastic driver I hope he is ready by 2012.