2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
General chit-chat related to the 2011 season, not related to the current race weekend or technical developments, goes here. :) Since the first race thread is up, this one ought to be up as well.

OMGYAY!

Only 1 week left! Only 1 week!!

Yeah our "pay per view sport tv channel" smartly called SportTV has announced it'd be showing the races in HD...
Whats the catch? You gotta purchase their HD channel separately from their other 3 channels which come in a very expensive package of like 25? a month. Tis buttrape I tell you (we pay like 40? for all the channels+internet+phone so 25 extra ? is a little steep).

I'm seriously considering just getting a UK proxy.

If you can, tune into our national TV, they have the rights again after 15 years of suffering under commercial TV broadcasts. Even the one, he who screams is commentating again...you might know him, Miran Ali?i?. :D

The language will be a mystery to most of you, but you can get the idea how he does his business from this short clip from 2009.

I still don't know where I will be watching. Since none of the national tv houses have announced that they have rights, yet.
We're still waiting for info, but it's cutting it a bit close. Should get my satellite receiver back on, find BBC and enjoy...

you don't have BBC on cable?

I'm seriously considering just getting a UK proxy.

While this is cheaper (i think around six bucks or something) i don't think the iPlayer live stream is in HD.

Will BBCHD show F1? :drool:

While this is cheaper (i think around six bucks or something) i don't think the iPlayer live stream is in HD.

The live SD stream is below the maximum SD quality they deliver. Also, if going through a proxy, a high-bandwidth stream probably is not a reliable idea. I'd expect considerable load.

Last edited:
SLO2, yes. And if you don't get it on your cable, the whole country has converted to a digital signal, so an antenna requires a converter, dvb-t mpeg4. =) Miran and his antics were well missed in 2010, he was sacked in favour of a very dumb annoying idiot. Bu he's back now, more noisy than ever :D

Reactions: 47
No way I'm waiting to download the race instead of watching it live. I'll watch it with our shitty commentators (one of which is Tiago Monteiro) and then if the race was good I'll get the download I guess.

I leave on wednesday night for Melbourne. :mrgreen:

I prefer to watch it at home on OneHD. You still end up watching the race on tv when you're there, and it's sometimes so loud that you can't talk to your friends.

Yeah, OneHD had it in HD last year (obviously...)
Just a shame they have commercial breaks and show the commentators ugly mugs every time they go to/from one.