2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

^
It also has contributions from Mark Webber, Rubens, Alonso, DC, Martin Brundel, Jackie Stewart, Stirling Moss, Christian Horner and lots of archive F1 clips. Worth a look, I reckon.

LOL at Murray driving a Sherman tank, I didn't know he was a tank commander in WW2 and liberated the Netherlands also worked with the US 101 Airborne.

:smile:

just who the hell is this Brundel bloke? He must be pretty damn famous, mixing in with a bunch of ex-F1 champs and top racers.

: p

What if all of the F1 Teams did a collective boycott of the race?

Stefano Dominicali is in the FIA council and is one of those who unanimously voted to let the race happen.

And the biggest partial owner of McLaren is investor Mumtalakat, based in... tadaaaa... Bahrain.

Also the teams would have to pay a multimillion penalty for violating the contract they signed with the FIA.

Do your math.

But still it might be that a few teams boycott the race, for example when the sponsors fear the bad effect it could have on their image. In the end it could end up like the USA GP in Indianapolis in 2005.

I'd just send a skeleton crew over there, run a few laps on Friday to fulfil my obligations then make up some excuse like a faulty batch of rear wing supports will prevent our further participation in the weekend, then go home.

I'd just send a skeleton crew over there, run a few laps on Friday to fulfil my obligations then make up some excuse like a faulty batch of rear wing supports will prevent our further participation in the weekend, then go home.

never thought of that, i think its possible but i doubt it happening

Someone just commented on this story on the Planet F1 site with "surely this deserves a drive-through penalty for Hamilton in Montreal" Hahahahaha Sheer brilliance

Someone just commented on this story on the Planet F1 site with "surely this deserves a drive-through penalty for Hamilton in Montreal" Hahahahaha Sheer brilliance

A 6 month ban for Evra surely.

It's a medical miracle that Bernie can walk, given that he has literally no backbone at all.

And now Todt sais 2012 will have 20 races instead of 21! Great, it's like a group of toddlers deciding on the future, realising they made a mistake and then all of them blame each other for these terrible decisions.

Last edited:
It's a medical miracle that Bernie can walk, given that he has literally no backbone at all.

He has plenty of backbone. He knows how to make money and sticking to a decision for prides sake doesn't fit with that.

He has plenty of backbone. He knows how to make money and sticking to a decision for prides sake doesn't fit with that.

I agree with that. While he makes controversial/strange decisions sometime, he is always seeking to make as much money as possible from F1. That's ok considering all good businessmen are ruthless, Bernie is no exception and he doesn't give a damn about what fans think of his ways.

Also the teams would have to pay a multimillion penalty for violating the contract they signed with the FIA.

Do your math.

Check your own math there;
But Mosley continued: "One thing that everybody seems to have overlooked is that the teams have to agree a change of calendar.
"You can't simply move the Indian race from one point to another without asking all the people who have entered.
"You need the written agreement of every team and I don't believe that is going to be forthcoming."

In addition to that, the teams' contracts with the FIA/FOM (and the driver's contracts with the teams) all have clauses that the teams/drivers must not be brought into disrepute by the FIA/FOM. The teams could argue that being taken to Bahrain to race brings them into disrepute and breaks the contract.

Of course, even Bernie himself doesn't want F1 to go to Bahrain any more
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...r-human-rights-group-condemns-FIA-report.html

As Mosley said, the FIA's decision to go was based on one Spaniard who doesn't even speak any English much less Arabic going to Bahrain and being shown around by government officials. Obviously the government officials aren't going to show him anything they don't want him to see, and without any communication skills he's not going to be able to deduce anything for himself is he.

It's a sad fucking day when Bernie and Mosley make sense, but it's here.

Is a like...you know...infiltration, no?

Haha that may be an actual picture.