2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

Another key point of regulations in those years. :) And they reduced it gradually over the years, 220 liters for a whole race in 1984-1985, 195 in 1986, 180 in 1987 and 150 in 1988.

Formula 1 2018

eco-challenge-car2.jpg

Well, the V8's days are numbered. I can only hope the FIA needs see a larger picture than what they are seeing now. What I cannot understand is have they even put into account the amount of fuel used in the cross continental travel? Those large planes carrying the teams and the majority of the equipment. The ships involved with dropping off the cars to the designated location. The amount of rubber being used in a race? Why take away from the fans? I remember going to Indianapolis the 2004 season and listening to the V10s made me damn near cream myself. Especially the Honda power plant from the BAR... My god. The sights and sounds is something of the past, I mean I know the turbo power plants are going to sound nice. No where as menacing as the V10 or those 19,000k limit in 2006. Besides, it saves Bernie more money to buy another HUGE mansion for his daughter... Who is 22.

Car Numbers

Car Numbers

Someone inquired about this over at F1 Fanatic:

Q: How do the cars get allocated their numbers? We see messages such as ?Investigation against cars four and six? ? how do we know which driver and teams are involved?

A: The car numbers are allocated as follows:

1. The reigning drivers? champion gets the number one on his car, and his team mate gets number two. If the world champion is not racing, the driver who?s taken his place in his former team uses number zero.

This last happened with Damon Hill at Williams in 1994.

2. After that, the car numbers are allocated based on finishing positions in the constructors? championship, with the best-placed team first.

The teams decide which driver gets which of their two numbers, and usually the driver which scored best for them the previous year gets the lower number. But this is not a hard-and-fast rule and is sometimes adjusted for driver preference: Michael Schumacher says he prefers odd numbers, and has had the lower number at Mercedes for the last two years.

-----
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/06/22/questions-answered-engine-2011/

Well, the V8's days are numbered. I can only hope the FIA needs see a larger picture than what they are seeing now. What I cannot understand is have they even put into account the amount of fuel used in the cross continental travel? Those large planes carrying the teams and the majority of the equipment. The ships involved with dropping off the cars to the designated location. The amount of rubber being used in a race? Why take away from the fans? I remember going to Indianapolis the 2004 season and listening to the V10s made me damn near cream myself. Especially the Honda power plant from the BAR... My god. The sights and sounds is something of the past, I mean I know the turbo power plants are going to sound nice. No where as menacing as the V10 or those 19,000k limit in 2006. Besides, it saves Bernie more money to buy another HUGE mansion for his daughter... Who is 22.
\

Well, she's buying them herself.... From her ?2.4bn trust fund set up by daddy. At 22. Never done a days work, never needs to. She's got more money than properly successful business men/women like you might find on dragons den who worked hard and at great risk (at times) to earn their fortunes. Makes you sick lol it'll never end though, the rich will always continue to hoover up the wealth, leaving everyone else out of pocket.

Someone inquired about this over at F1 Fanatic:

Q: How do the cars get allocated their numbers? We see messages such as ?Investigation against cars four and six? ? how do we know which driver and teams are involved?

Well as a F1 fan you're supposed to know that ;)

Nevermind, Brundle and DC usually tell you who it is.

otis said:
Well, she's buying them herself.... From her ?2.4bn trust fund set up by daddy. At 22. Never done a days work, never needs to. She's got more money than properly successful business men/women like you might find on dragons den who worked hard and at great risk (at times) to earn their fortunes. Makes you sick lol it'll never end though, the rich will always continue to hoover up the wealth, leaving everyone else out of pocket.

I think I'd hate to have my parents buy a mansion for me to live in, knowing I haven't done a damn thing to earn it. I think there's far greater satisfaction in making my own way in life and doing things for myself rather than having to rely on the wealth of my parents.

\

her daddy worked hard for it though. you can say a lot about bernie, but he sure made his own fortune! and not by luck...

Let's face it - as long as Vettel stays at RBR and he will stay, there's no chance Hamilton would go there. That whole team is build around VET and not only would Hamilton be stupid to go there, RBR would be stupid to sign him as well.

Let's face it - as long as Vettel stays at RBR and he will stay, there's no chance Hamilton would go there. That whole team is build around VET and not only would Hamilton be stupid to go there, RBR would be stupid to sign him as well.

It would be pretty dumb to leave Mclaren....they have such a long history and they will always be up at the top. Hopefully, what we're seeing with RBR is just a tiny era with lolnewey.

(BTW, which team did newey design for before RBR? Pretty stupid to let him go)

edit: Nvm, found out it was Mclaren and he was let go because RBR was dishing out some serious dough.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Anyone heard the growing rumours that Webber could replace Massa at Ferrari too?

I'm not sure. I think that Webber would possibly back up Alonso more than Massa is at the moment. Plus he's not that old. Barrichello and Schumacher are older. I think Webber could still be going for 3-4 more years if he really wanted to.

I'm not sure he's totally comfortable in the Red Bull situation, and Webber and Alonso are good friends too. How long that'd last if a situation like Hockenheim last year arose though, I don't know.

Christian Danner: said:
?The paddock here in the port of Valencia is a great place for getting all the low-down. And as we enter the silly season, Adrian Sutil?s manager Manfred Zimmermann has brought me up to speed. Apparently, Button is going to Ferrari and Hamilton is off to Red Bull. There are some crazy rumours flying around here...?