2011 Formula 1 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

^ If what's being said about Vettel's helmet designs is true, you won't be seeing it again on the racetrack, he'll have a new one for Japan. :p

Heard the same rumour before. I personally think it's true, but not too bothered to re-watch every race to verify the rumour. But I honestly thought you would know the authenticity on this matter.

Nevertheless, great helmet design as usual. I've always been quite a fan of Vettel's psychedelic type designs.

Last edited:
Heard the same rumour before. But I honestly thought you would know the authenticity on this matter.

Well it's what I've heard the guys from the Beeb say on-air on a recent race weekend (maybe even Singapore). And they've been spending a lot of time down at RBR during their broadcasts...

So what's the actual rumor you're talking about, that he changes helmet design for every race?

Sounds interesting, but this way he's not leaving his mark as to having a recognizable ever lasting design like many world champions had... The only recurring theme seems to be his head looking like a Red Bull can. Wonder what will he do if(when) he moves teams

^ If what's being said about Vettel's helmet designs is true, you won't be seeing it again on the racetrack, he'll have a new one for Japan. :p

what is being said? Are they just going to put a picture of a stupid finger on it now? ;)

I didn't like it, he looks like he's going to prom... to work as the disco ball.

Better then the god-awful Gold one that Alonso was wearing. Was Alonso just trying to change things up, or was it supposed to mean something? Seemed a bit out of place considering the season he has kind of had. In other words lacking luster despite some high points.

I don't mind that Vettel changes it up a lot, and they are usually pretty cool. This one was a bit shiny, but nothing too horrible. It matched the sparklyness of Singapore rather well I thought.

Better then the god-awful Gold one that Alonso was wearing. Was Alonso just trying to change things up, or was it supposed to mean something? Seemed a bit out of place considering the season he has kind of had. In other words lacking luster despite some high points.

I think the helmet had the years for his championships at Singapore (?).
Can't be sure, though..
I saw "09" on there.

I don't mind that Vettel changes it up a lot, and they are usually pretty cool. This one was a bit shiny, but nothing too horrible. It matched the sparklyness of Singapore rather well I thought.

Why do you automatically attack Alonso when I said Vettel's helmet was pure teenage glitter crap? Cos of my sig, is that it?
Troll harder.

Why do you automatically attack Alonso when I said Vettel's helmet was pure teenage glitter crap? Cos of my sig, is that it?
Troll harder.

No....I said it cause its an ugly helmet and that I preferred Vettel's. I didn't attack Alonso because of you or your signature at all. Not everything revolves around you and your Tifosi-ness.

Not trolling at all.

Last edited:
AyrtonSennasFullFaceHelmet.jpg

And that ends the helmet debate.

I enjoy seeing Vettel's new helmet designs too - I think his Singapore helmet was one of his nicer one's he's had this season. It sort of reminds me of the type of thing Rossi does, changing his helmet design every so often.

hakkinen_miniature_helmet_4_large.jpg

What debate?

See that's what I miss about helmet designs these days. Simple, bold eye catching designs that were more often than not chosen by the driver to represent his or her personality, nationality or simply to intimidate the opposition or whatever.

None of this complicated, glittery bullshit we see for example with Vettel's designs, or worse, pandering to the team's corporate identity or sponsors (Vettel again, or Klien, or any of the junior Red Bull drivers, really). It just doesnt leave an impression on me. I see a mess of colours that are gone in an instant on the tele.

I also think that a driver should stick to a helmet design for as long as possible as it gives them a nice presence on track. Whenever you see a distinctive helmet you know who the driver is or what they are about. It doesn't matter if the design is good or not IMO. Like Schumachers design isn't amazing but he has kept the distinctive red helmet even though it contrasts with the silver arrows. It may not look good but you certainly know that's Schumacher the 7 times world champion. It also makes photographs of F1 much more iconic as a drivers personality is expressed in the photo. I find that you don't get that with Vettel pictures as it could be any driver behind the visor.