2011 Formula 1 UBS Chinese Grand Prix

Lastly as for my general dislike for Hamilton, it's due to his PR approach, he is just a corporate drone. But his driving, holy fuckballs at times...

He has been mentored by McLaren ever since he stopped soiling his diapers, so he got the media training from the very first day. Which is a pity. I saw the TG segment, where he got to drive Senna's 1988 car and it was quite a different Hamilton than the streamlined persona we get to see in F1 broadcasts. Guess that goes for most of them. They all have to follow some rules for the sponsor's sake. Which is why people like Raikk?nen are so rare. Some spool down their prepared speech, making sure to mention the sponsor at least 3 times in each sentence, while other announce - publically - a dump. That blunder of Kimi is still one of my all-time LOLz.

That's because he was the only one starting on the harder (the sh*t) tires, so he was going nowhere in the first laps. Since he didn't use ANY of his softer tires in quali, he was also the only driver with three brand-spanking new ones, so once he could switch to softer tires, he could really let it fly.

oh I missed that... so he actually had a full roster of softs for the race. Nice, I thought he only had one set.

No KERS though for most of the time - I think. Still you have to do it even if your car is in better nick that the others on the track.

He has been mentored by McLaren ever since he stopped soiling his diapers, so he got the media training from the very first day. Which is a pity. I saw the TG segment, where he got to drive Senna's 1988 car and it was quite a different Hamilton than the streamlined persona we get to see in F1 broadcasts. Guess that goes for most of them. They all have to follow some rules for the sponsor's sake. Which is why people like Raikk?nen are so rare. Some spool down their prepared speech, making sure to mention the sponsor at least 3 times in each sentence, while other announce - publically - a dump. That blunder of Kimi is still one of my all-time LOLz.

Yeah I dont like Hamiltons on camera persona at times. Its just too bum licky team speak. Button on the other hand always just seems like one of the lads. Hes cool.

Vettel really isnt bad infront of the camera either, once hes calmed down from winning/losing, he can be pretty chillaxed and funny when interviewed.

Just before the Chinese GP, Hamilton is being interviewed about his Malaysian GP showing, and he mentions being frustrated because he received Prime tyres after he'd specifically asked for Options.
As a result, he had to use those tyres for 20 laps, but he knew they wouldn't last that long, and they didn't.... he had to pit again.
He obviously blamed his crew for it, but why did the pit-crew decide to do that? Does the pit-crew typically have final say?

Does anyone have any extra info on this?

edit: great race!! So happy for Webber getting a podium after starting 18th.. amazing

Last edited:
Just before the Chinese GP, Hamilton is being interviewed about his Malaysian GP showing, and he mentions being frustrated because he received Prime tyres after he'd specifically asked for Options.
As a result, he had to use those tyres for 20 laps, but he knew they wouldn't last that long, and they didn't.... he had to pit again.
He obviously blamed his crew for it, but why did the pit-crew decide to do that? Does the pit-crew typically have final say?

Does anyone have any extra info on this?

No, it's the decision of team officials with input from the driver. Hamilton was blaming his team, not his pit crew.

No, it's the decision of team officials with input from the driver. Hamilton was blaming his team, not his pit crew.

ah.. Thanks for clarifying, Biro~
I'm slowly getting it. ;D

Hamilton's team sure made up for that misread in this race!
Their engine got flooded mere minutes before start time, yet he pulled out a 1st place finish!