2011 Lancia Ypsilon/Chrysler small hatchback

They still wont sell this to anyone north of Torino?

why do all new Lancias look like angry beaver? <_< they're hideous.

I gotta saay though, that interior almost completely off-sets the uglytocity of the front and the boringaciousness of the rear. You'll feel quite special while others are laughing at you.

http://img64.imageshack.**/img64/2896/lanciacentrstile13.jpg

lancia-ypsilon-render-16.jpg

lancia-ypsilon-render-9.jpg

lancia-ypsilon-render-8.jpg

lancia-ypsilon-render-7.jpg

lancia-ypsilon-render-1.jpg

lancia-ypsilon-render-3.jpg

fotospianuovaLanciaYpsilon_03.jpg

fotospianuovaLanciaYpsilon_01.jpg

Lancia Ypsilon: nuove immagini della seconda generazione

Al Salone di Ginevra 2011 debutter? la nuova Lancia Ypsilon. La nuova compatta a due volumi, che qu? si presenta molto camuffata, si ispira alla Lancia Delta e osservando le foto si nota una carrozzeria a cinque porte,anche se molto probabilmente non mancher? una versione a tre porte. La nuova utilitaria che si presenta con una linea filante e il parabrezza inclinato, ha un abitacolo capace di ospitare quattro passeggeri e sar? una vettura lussuosa ed elegante, dotata di comfort per la guida nel traffico urbano. Ci saranno optional come il cambio a doppia frizione TCT, fari bixenon con luci diurne a Led e tetto panoramico in cristallo che garantisce maggiore luminosit? all'interno. La nuova Lancia Ypsilon sar? equipaggiata con il motore di alta tecnologia 1.4 Multiair a benzina da 105 CV o con il bicilindrico Twin Air da 85 CV gi? adottato dalla Fiat 500, abbinati al cambio manuale a sei marce e con il sistema Start/Stop per la riduzione di carburante ed emissioni di CO2. Ci sar? anche un propulsore diesel 1.6 litri Multijet con potenza di 120 CV. Al Motor Show di Bologna sar? presente la Lancia Ypsilon Collection 2011, l'ultima versione che dovr? cedere il passo alla nuova Lancia Ypsilon. E' dotata di nuovi fari anteriori e specchietti esterni neri e i due allestimenti Diva e Platinum,con interni in tessuto il primo e interni in pelle con inserti in nero e cuciture contrastanti il secondo.

4410_0.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.**/img403/5091/img003m0.jpg

big_teaser_nuova_lancia_ypsilon_1.jpg

big_teaser_nuova_lancia_ypsilon_2.jpg

big_teaser_nuova_lancia_ypsilon_3.jpg

2012-Lancia-Ypsilon.jpg

Lancia-Ypsilon-2012.jpg

2012-Lancia-spy-shots.jpg

lancia-nuova-ypsilon-render-new-street.jpg

lancia_ypsilon_2011_01.jpg
lancia_ypsilon_2011_01_05.jpg

lancia_ypsilon_2011_01_04.jpg

Lancia Ypsilon: spiati gli interni | alVolante

next-gen-Lancia-Ypsilon.jpg

next-2012-Lancia-Ypsilon.jpg

next-gen-Lancia-Ypsilon-2012.jpg

all-new-2012-Lancia-Ypsilon.jpg

next-Lancia-Ypsilon-2012.jpg

CarsSpyPhotos

1854-lancia-ypsilon-2011-spy26.jpg

New 2011 Lancia Ypsilon/Chrysler small hatchback revealed:

Chrysler-112111153436581600x1060.jpg

This stylish new Ypsilon supermini that will relaunch Chrysler in the UK next June will be launched at next month's Geneva motor show. The Ypsilon is a 3.84m-long, five-door hatch clothed in dramatic sheet metal that also serves as the Lancia Ypsilon, pictured here, in Italy.
It is based on the Fiat 500 platform, but the Ypsilon?s wheelbase is 300mm longer to boost rear legroom and make space for an extra pair of doors. Fiat?s ?thin seat? technology will be used on the Ypsilon for the first time, also liberating cabin space.

Badge-engineered for the UK, the Chrysler Ypsilon will break into the tough supermini market with a blend of high spec and keen pricing, likely to start from around ?11,000. The Ypsilon has historically sold well in its home market because its interior can be specced with leather and Alcantara trim, which is unusual for a supermini.
A choice of three engines will be available: a 1.2-litre petrol, a 1.3-litre diesel and a 0.9-litre TwinAir. The diesel and TwinAir promise sub-100g/km CO2.
At Geneva, Lancia will also show a rebadged version of the Chrysler 200 saloon, badged Flavia, and its version of the 300C, the new Thema. The 300C will hit the UK in 2012 and be powered by a 3.0-litre V6 diesel.

Autocar

Chrysler-112111153452991600x1060.jpg

Chrysler-112111153445331600x1060.jpg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/254638/

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/g...ures/chrysler-ypsilon-supermini-revealed.aspx

Seems like they have deliberately redesigned the grille to look like something between Lancia and Chrysler, to make the badge swaps especially easy.:lol:

Well, I can tell you one thing, selling a lilac 0.9L version in Texas is gonna take some serious salesmanship :p

Well, I for one like it!
But as you can tell I like small Italian hatchbacks *points at car* :p

Ahem... :D Yeah, I'm not biased at all.. :p

<---

Well, I for one like it!
But as you can tell I like small Italian hatchbacks *points at car* :p

Ahem... :D Yeah, I'm not biased at all.. :p
<---

I like Alfas and Fiats like 500 or Punto (which is nice and good value city car). But Lancias... No thank you. Ypsilon is overpriced and I don't like how it looks, this one is a little better though. Delta is just stupid. Overpriced Bravo with a weird look and some stupid ideas. For example, movable rear seats sound nice, but when you move them back you have to chop off your head, because the roof is so low.

Lancia needs to go back to making cars like Fulvia, Stratos or original Delta.

I like it too. I hope they make a cheap sporty version over here as Chrysler.

I wonder if Fiat boss Marchionne really knows, what he is doing...

Obvously his current strategy for growth of FIAT is to conquer the American market -- an ambitious and risky venture, since he is almost doing nothing else besides that, to make FIAT fit for future survival. I don't know if it will work out for FIAT but when your cars have a serious identity problem, it's never a good start to begin with.

Obviously Marchionne has no creative idea, what to do with the traditional brands Lancia and Alfa Romeo. And quite frankly I start to believe, that FIAT never understood Lancia or Alfa at all, since both companies have been completely run down by now: Lancia is now functioning as a vehicle for importing Chryslers under its badge (which won't really work, of that I'm absolutely sure), while Alfa Romeo has been completely neglected.

If you really want to understand, how desperate people at Alfa Romeo are, how much they hate being a part of FIAT, then you only have to look at recent events. Workers, unionists and worker's council have actually begged Volkswagen to buy Alfa Romeo.

I'm not kidding, they really did that. They really said "Please, Mr. Piech! Buy us! We don't want to be part of FIAT anymore, we want to be part of Volkswagen!" If you know the pride of Italians towards their car industry, you can tell how desperate they must be.

VW is of course very much interested and probably would buy Alfa Romeo tomorrow -- they already have the first layouts of future Alfas in their drawers. The owner family of FIAT also would like to sell but FIAT CEO Marchionne obviously would rather let Alfa Romeo die, before selling Alfa Romeo to Mr. Piech.

I know that many think Marchionne is a good manager and maybe has saved FIAT from being bankrupt already but it's clear to me, that he has no idea what to make of the traditional brands, that are owned by FIAT.

When I look at the whole picture, including the purchase of Chrysler and what Marchionne is planning (or not planning) to do with the rich heritage under the roof of his company, I can only assume, that he is ambitious but rubbish.

Last edited:
Obviously Marchionne has no creative idea, what to do with the traditional brands Lancia and Alfa Romeo. And quite frankly I start to believe, that FIAT never understood Lancia or Alfa at all, since both companies have been completely run down by now: Lancia is now functioning as a vehicle for importing Chryslers under its badge (which won't really work, of that I'm absolutely sure), while Alfa Romeo has been completely neglected.

If you really want to understand, how desperate people at Alfa Romeo are, how much they hate being a part of FIAT, then you only have to look at recent events. Workers, unionists and worker's council have actually begged Volkswagen to buy Alfa Romeo.

At least over here Alfa has never sold so many cars as they did the last couple of years, the 159, Mito and the new Giulietta are a real succes. The Mito might be a Punto underneath and the Giulietta a Bravo but that isn't so different from VAG selling A3s as rebadged Golfs. The point is they look good to the general public and they are very affordable compared to competitors like the Mini, A1, Golf,...