2011 MLB Regular Season

Holy shit, the Brewers/Cards rubber match is going to be UGLY.

*realizes she's going to miss it because of work and has no DVR*

FUCK!!!!
Well, that was certainly a good night for McGehee. :p

The Cubs now have a season-high 6 game win-streak and I'm conflicted. Watching this godawful team win is still as intoxicating as ever, but it means absolutely nothing and hurts the future of the club in one way or another...

hunter pence runs like bambi with cerebral palsy. also, first game i've ever been to where there was a bench clearing brawl and ejections.

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sk/skidd01/2011/08/06/IMG_20110805_210824.jpg

Last edited:
:tvhorror:

hunter pence runs like bambi with cerebral palsy. also, first game i've ever been to where there was a bench clearing brawl and ejections.
I bet Pence acts like a crackhead while doing something as menial as brushing his teeth. Also, why are you never in #gear when I am? :p

Resulted in a fractured vertebrae in his neck... hope he heals 100%.

- The Rox can't catch any breaks this year.
- Whiteside is apparently a douche.
- Victorino tackled an old man.
- Ellsbury is absolutely tearing the cover off the ball.
- Cubs are finally playing like a baseball team.

Damn, i forgot Tampa had a team this year...oh look! Hockey starts soon(ish)

Josh Reddick.... he's carrying a bat in the picture because he uses it to bash in the skulls of yankee pitchers...

bos_g_jredtsin_300.jpg

Victorino gets three games, I'm fine with that. Whiteside and Ramirez just get fined?! Ramirez plunks Victorino square in the back, and doesn't get suspended? Whiteside is hopping up and down in front of the plate waiting for a fight, tackles Polanco for trying to hold Victorino back, and doesn't even get 1 game? wtf?

I'm still not entirely convinced we have a competent relief squad now. What do you think, hemoh?

Last edited:
I would be feeling more confident if it was September. There's still a lot of ball yet to be played, and there's quite a few teams on the schedule that may make things interesting.

I don't necessarily have anything against Bryce Harper, but he's really been racking up douche points lately. After all this time, the negative stories and criticism can't solely be attributed to "jealous haters", can they?

The latest example:

[video=youtube;iwWU5C7-g5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwWU5C7-g5s&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I've been following his progress and he still hasn't completely adjusted to AA pitching. Hell, it's probably the first time he's struggled to hit a baseball in his entire life. He sure does know how to throw a Major League tantrum though...

What's funny about that video is that fact that Bryce threw his helmet at the exact same moment that he was called out.... I'm pretty sure he knew he was trying to pull and fast one and was livid when the ump called him on it....he's also a giant douche.

I don't necessarily have anything against Bryce Harper, but he's really been racking up douche points lately. After all this time, the negative stories and criticism can't solely be attributed to "jealous haters", can they?

The latest example:

[video=youtube;iwWU5C7-g5s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwWU5C7-g5s&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I've been following his progress and he still hasn't completely adjusted to AA pitching. Hell, it's probably the first time he's struggled to hit a baseball in his entire life. He sure does know how to throw a Major League tantrum though...

honestly, it was a terrible call and it looks like it has happened with this ump before so i think BH was just ready for it and prepared to make a point. Its funny when a young player shows what i consider passion like he did here then he is a jerk but when a vet does it he is great.

honestly, it was a terrible call and it looks like it has happened with this ump before so i think BH was just ready for it and prepared to make a point. Its funny when a young player shows what i consider passion like he did here then he is a jerk but when a vet does it he is great.
I'm amazed you could tell the pitch was way off the plate from that video. As for the whole fire and passion argument... give me a break. :p

I suppose one could make the argument that there is a time and place where arguing balls and strikes as a hitter is acceptable. That being said, this just wasn't one of those times. A 18 year-old phenom throwing his helmet around after being called out on strikes by a minor league umpire is just pathetic. What point was he trying to make during this outburst of passion? That he's unable to deal with his frustration in a mature way?

More frustration with Majestic: I just received a new Hunter Pence t-shirt as a gift and the name and number on the back were printed on the shirt crooked.

GET IT TOGETHER MAJESTIC.

I'm amazed you could tell the pitch was way off the plate from that video. As for the whole fire and passion argument... give me a break. :p

I suppose one could make the argument that there is a time and place where arguing balls and strikes as a hitter is acceptable. That being said, this just wasn't one of those times. A 18 year-old phenom throwing his helmet around after being called out on strikes by a minor league umpire is just pathetic. What point was he trying to make during this outburst of passion? That he's unable to deal with his frustration in a mature way?

It was low

wait...what the crap happened to big z?