2011 MLB Regular Season

They should have a skills competition of some sort. Maybe set up targets for pitchers to see who has the best location. They could have a competition for outfielders to see who can make the best throw to home plate. They could do a simple base running competition.

On another note: Has anyone noticed that Majestic player t-shirts vary extremely widely on how they fit and are made? They vary so much to the point where you could mistake them for being handmade because no two are ever the same. Some run too large, some run too small. Some have larger logos on the front than others, some are smaller. Some have tags on the the lower left-side seam, some don't. I want some damn consistency. I have a Medium that fits larger than a Large. That makes no sense.

It must depend on which year the shirt is from. The stores could have a collection of shirts from the current year, last year, and two years ago. So perhaps they change how they're made each year.

Now off to return the shirt I just bought that has the logo on the front way off center. <_<

I agree with the skills competition, I would love to see how far some of those guys could throw from the outfield. I also have always dreamed to see the home run derby with guys using composite bats which would be really dangerous but fun to see.

On another note: Has anyone noticed that Majestic player t-shirts vary extremely widely on how they fit and are made? They vary so much to the point where you could mistake them for being handmade because no two are ever the same. Some run too large, some run too small. Some have larger logos on the front than others, some are smaller. Some have tags on the the lower left-side seam, some don't. I want some damn consistency. I have a Medium that fits larger than a Large. That makes no sense.

It must depend on which year the shirt is from. The stores could have a collection of shirts from the current year, last year, and two years ago. So perhaps they change how they're made each year.

Now off to return the shirt I just bought that has the logo on the front way off center. <_<

Oh man this makes me angry as well. I have a large one that fits like a damn tent and therefore never gets worn... except for the occasional lady friend who for some reason enjoy wearing the worlds largest shirt to sleep.

I have a medium that is skin tight, a medium that should really be a large, a few larges that fit perfectly, and a large that fits like an extra-large. THEY'RE ALL THE SAME EXACT SHIRT WITH A DIFFERENT NAME AND NUMBER ON THE BACK, MAKE THEM THE SAME WAY!

I went up to see the Phillies AAA affiliate 2 weeks ago and bought a t-shirt at the stadium. It is made by Majestic as well. I initially picked up a medium and thought it looked just about right but I thought "no way I'll fit in a medium." I held up the large and even though it looked big, I know large usually fits right, so I ended up buying the large without trying it on. Now I'm stuck with a shirt I'll only wear around the house or while doing dirty work.

Brian Wilson cracks me up...He's so awesomely wacky.

0000078767_20110713192105.jpg

That call was turrible.

Congrats to Ervin Santana for getting his first career win against the Indians in spectacular fashion; a no-hitter!

AA for king of the world.

Does anyone else have this horrible commercial that plays a thousand times during every baseball game:

I can't take it any more. That along with the W.B. Mason commercials. Its agony.

...and the Phillies continue to make huge acquisitions.

I'm a big fan of the ball of nervous energy that is Hunter Pence, but the Phillies have completely gone for broke now... the Astros got a huge haul in return. :eek:

Last edited:
Excellent trade, I think, for the Phillies. Rollins is getting old, Utley is getting banged up, Howard is getting expensive, Oswalt is old...The time is now. I have never seen the team be this good for this long in my life, it feels good to know Amaro wants to win now. While Howard, Halladay, Lee, Hamels, and (hopefully) Worley are still performing, and the other top-notch pitching prospects (Trevor May, Jonathan Pettibone, Brody Colvin, Julio Rodriguez) are still progressing, I'm not too worried about what was lost.

I have never seen the team be this good for this long in my life, it feels good to know Amaro wants to win now.

Ummm 1996-2000 Yankees? I absolutely despise everything about the evil empire, but even I have to admit that is the best team of our generation.

i meant the phillies have never been this good for this long.

Why. am. I. an. Orioles. fan? :blowup::blowup::blowup:

Giving up 12 runs in the bottom of the 1st. Rage.

It's official: Ubaldo headed to Cleveland for Pomeranz, White, McBride and Gardner. :blink:

Wasn't expecting this... I don't know much about the other 3 prospects, but Pomeranz is an absolute star.

i meant the phillies have never been this good for this long.
Don't rub it in, you bastard. :p

Why. am. I. an. Orioles. fan? :blowup::blowup::blowup:

Giving up 12 runs in the bottom of the 1st. Rage.
I'd pass you a drink, but with the way the Cubs are playing and addressing problems, I'm already way too drunk to do so...

I'd pass you a drink, but with the way the Cubs are playing and addressing problems, I'm already way too drunk to do so...

Depressing, isn't it? At least we got a couple lame prospects for Fuk.....:(

Holy shit, the Brewers/Cards rubber match is going to be UGLY.

*realizes she's going to miss it because of work and has no DVR*

FUCK!!!!