2011 Mustang V8 5.0 412hp

You know, if this new gig goes well enough, I may just save my pennies for this as a DD.

It will be interesting to see how they price the new Mustang GT. And depending on when the new 5.0 is released (late 2010 perhaps?) I'm thinking for those in the market for these retro pony cars, the Camaro SS may be a competitive option since that model's used market will be open up after a year and unless the 5.0 is MSRP'ed at the very low $30k range (and this is without the dealer markups which may be quite high) many may opt for a used Camaro SS in the upper $20k range than what may be a mid to even upper $30k cost of a new 5.0

Nevertheless, it's a great car and a new 5.0 was long overdue. And obviously Blue Oval fans will rush to grab the first ones to roll off the line, but with the Challenger SRT8 and the Camaro SS cars popping up in used car lots in the next year or so and not to mention both have more than a liter of displacement on the 5.0, just as attractive looks (some say more so, I tend to agree), and likely a better pricing point, the new 5.0 may have a tough time selling during its initial year.

Last edited:
The Mustang has always sold more in volume than the Camaro and other pony cars. This will be no different, especially with the public contempt of GM.

It will be interesting to see how they price the new Mustang GT. And depending on when the new 5.0 is released (late 2010 perhaps?) I'm thinking for those in the market for these retro pony cars, the Camaro SS may be a competitive option since that model's used market will be open up after a year and unless the 5.0 is MSRP'ed at the very low $30k range (and this is without the dealer markups which may be quite high) many may opt for a used Camaro SS in the upper $20k range than what may be a mid to even upper $30k cost of a new 5.0

Nevertheless, it's a great car and a new 5.0 was long overdue. And obviously Blue Oval fans will rush to grab the first ones to roll off the line, but with the Challenger SRT8 and the Camaro SS cars popping up in used car lots in the next year or so and not to mention both have more than a liter of displacement on the 5.0, just as attractive looks (some say more so, I tend to agree), and likely a better pricing point, the new 5.0 may have a tough time selling during its initial year.

You're right. And I might wait till the 2012 model to get it cheaper. But I refuse to buy either the Camaro or Challenger due to the quality. Even though I do love the Challengers body so. But, I also view that car like a hot chick with major issues. In the end, it's just not worth it.

I'll be in trouble if they do it with green paint. I've been considering ditching the Grand Prix for a new Mustang for a little while anyway.

I don't think a new mustang has to worry about the used Camaro market. There just isn't the volume out there yet. I think I've seen maybe...4 out in the wild...when the "new" mustang came out those few years ago, they were EVERYWHERE within weeks, it seemed.

America Ford. FUCK YEAH.

And obviously Blue Oval fans will rush to grab the first ones to roll off the line, but with the Challenger SRT8 and the Camaro SS cars popping up in used car lots in the next year or so and not to mention both have more than a liter of displacement on the 5.0, just as attractive looks (some say more so, I tend to agree), and likely a better pricing point, the new 5.0 may have a tough time selling during its initial year.

The current GT starts at $28k with the GT Premium at $31k, I think they'll keep prices relatively close to that. However, even if they do raise prices a bit, it won't matter. The Mustang will sell as it always does because it's a Mustang.

Now, where do I sign for mine? :lol:

Mustang + handling pack already pulls nearly 1g on the skidpad...with a live rear axle!!!

Now that it has the power to back up the awesome looks and chassis, it will be truly a great car. Even the new auto is damn good.

What I will be interested to see is if the new 5.0 will actually have 5.0L of displacement. If my memory serves me I believe the last 5.0 mustangs were 4.9L. Then again my mustang knowlage is weak so I could be wrong, just something I remembered hearing.

What I will be interested to see is if the new 5.0 will actually have 5.0L of displacement. If my memory serves me I believe the last 5.0 mustangs were 4.9L. Then again my mustang knowlage is weak so I could be wrong, just something I remembered hearing.

4.94889L is close enough to 5.0 :dunno:

I wished they would have carried over the basic rims from the up-to-'09 model...I know they looked cheap to some people, and they don't photograph well, but...

I liked these:
2005-mustang.jpg
2005%20Mustang.jpg

A lot of manufacterors round up like that. My old Mazda 12A is actualy closer to 1.1L than 1.2L. Who cares? Only idiots judge engines by displacement anyway.

So basically, a year after the Camaro comes out, it's basically obsolete? The Mustang has a better power-to-weight ratio (for both V6 and V8), a vastly superior interior, and according to the reviews I've read of the 2010 Mustang, better steering feel.

Sucks to be GM right now :cry:

That's the trend for the last year or so...

More like the last decade.

The current GT starts at $28k with the GT Premium at $31k, I think they'll keep prices relatively close to that. However, even if they do raise prices a bit, it won't matter. The Mustang will sell as it always does because it's a Mustang.

Now, where do I sign for mine? :lol:

And the 2010 is about a grand less expensive than the old 08/09 if I'm remembering right.

Last edited: