2011 Mustang V8 5.0 412hp

awesome sauce

Wonder how much the new 5.0 engine will go for in a crate...

My wife has demanded that we get one (specifically, an MT coupe).

Did I mention that my wife kicks ass?

Does she have a sister? If so, she is mine!

The Camaro will have its ass handed to it now. The SS isn't that much faster than the GT right now even with an extra 100 or so hp.

You cant add an extra 100 horsepower without giving a car modern suspension ~ Top gear, speaking about the ford mustang.

Have they ever made a N/A Mustang that was as fast as the equivalent v8 camaro? I dont think so.

Last edited:
You cant add an extra 100 horsepower without giving a car modern suspension ~ Top gear, speaking about the ford mustang.

Have they ever made a N/A Mustang that was as fast as the equivalent v8 camaro? I dont think so.

The 5.0s beat up on the 305 cars pretty bad I believe.

2003 Cobra > 2002 SS (you could buy them new at the same time)

GT500 > Current SS (although its debatable if they are equivalent)

Also, 64-66 Mustangs were MUCH faster than 64-66 Camaros :p

For the displacement snobs, keep in mind that Ford had two 4.9l engines. One being the 302 c.i.d. V8 and the other being the 300 c.i.d. inline-6. I've always assumed that the 302 was called 5.0 to distinguish the two. Kind of like how a 351W is actually a 352, but was called a 351 to distinguish it from the earlier 352 FE engine.

They did give the suspension a major upgrade for this year. Just because it has a solid rear axle dosn't meant it can't handle the power.

The AC Cobra has longitudinal leaf springs and a solid rear end and it had no problem handling 400+ hp. It beat Ferraris, Porsches, Aston Martins, and Jaguars with IRS.

They did give the suspension a major upgrade for this year. Just because it has a solid rear axle dosn't meant it can't handle the power.

The AC Cobra has longitudinal leaf springs and a solid rear end and it had no problem handling 400+ hp. It beat Ferraris, Porsches, Aston Martins, and Jaguars with IRS.

I don't know if thats....quite accurate. It was a ludicrous machine. :lol:

Look up some reviews of the 2010 Shelby GT500 (the post-facelift Shelby, mind you, not the pre-facelift). If Ford can make 540 horsepower work well with a live axle, I'm sure they can handle 412.

:eek::jawdrop:<3:drool::w00t:

For the SS and SRT8
:boohoo:

Blah. An independent rear should at least be optional.

*Jumps for joy*

Ford is the only American manufacturer I'd even consider buying a car from (even though I think the CTS-V is cool)... but I've always been a little sad that the new generation Mustang seemed outdone by the Camaro. Thank goodness that's over!

Now I really want to own one someday, perhaps more so than the small import sports cars I usually enjoy day-dreaming about... American muscle from a company that doesn't already owe me (and every other taxpayer) a car...

Maybe because I own two Mustangs already, but the IRS issue isn't an issue at all. It'll be just as good of car without an IRS.
It may not be an issue for you, but it was for me. I've owned two Mustangs ('93 GT & '96 Cobra), and the back ends of both would hop all over the place either when taking turns on bumpy roads, or accelerating when going straight on bumpy roads. I'm never buying a sold-axle sports car again.

I never had any problems with my '97 GT.

Well the laws of physics don't make exceptions for you, so your car obviously never saw the right conditions for hopping.

Whatever, I don't want to spoil this thread. It's cool you all like Mustangs, but I'm finished with them. I'm out.

Last edited:
Well the laws of physics don't make exceptions for you, so your car obviously never saw the right conditions for hopping.

Whatever, I don't want to spoil this thread. It's cool you all like Mustangs, but I'm finished with them. I'm out.

I'm not saying it didn't hope, it just wasn't that big of an issue for me.

Mustang buyers, in general, don't care about the live axle issue. Why would Ford mark up the price point for a feature most people don't even know about. It's a damn shame it isn't at least an option on the sportier models though, the power delivery and handling suffer from it, even though Ford has made it work pretty well. Not as well as GM and their LOL_springz though, the ZR1 kinda shut everyone up on that.

I am so proud of ford right now. im like a father smiling as their kid wins the talent show or something.

first they make the Taurus actually cool with the new SHO and now this.