2011 Mustang V8 5.0 412hp

Move over to Grapevine, they don't have potholes there:p

Yeah they do, there's a couple of big nasty ones near Grapevine Mills mall and near downtown Grapevine. :p Stuff like that is part of why I have Jags - "Pothole? What pothole? I didn't see any pothole."

Road surface looked fine at TMS.... :p

Roads are bad in Texas because they are poorly built. Hell the roads in MAINE are better!

If we didn't have to pay welfare for other states, we'd have more money to spend on roads - and on those idiot mass transit initiatives the politicos keep stealing the road money to pay for.

That said, the state-maintained highways and roads are usually pretty good. It's at the city and county level that things usually fall apart.

That is except I635 is really rough inbetween I35 and SH75 though isn't it? :D

No, they've been fixing that. Between MacArthur and the airport, though, sheesh. That's why I said 'usually'.

If we didn't have to pay welfare for other states, we'd have more money to spend on roads - and on those idiot mass transit initiatives the politicos keep stealing the road money to pay for.

That said, the state-maintained highways and roads are usually pretty good. It's at the city and county level that things usually fall apart.

That or maybe it's your belief that "less taxes means more money for the government to handle needed services." Every time I've been to Texas I couldn't wait to get out, the only place that has even remotely as bad of roads as your state was parts of OK near OKC.

The I5 anywhere near LA practically CAN'T be maintained due to traffic, and it's smoother than roads there that couldn't be but 5 years old.

Last edited:
That's because bedrock is pretty close to the surface in LA. Not so much in most of TX.

That said, it can't possibly be as bad as you claim, or I couldn't have shot this video by just putting the camera on the S3's dash - it would have bounced off.

[youtube]ubsBD3jW6HI[/youtube]
That's a state maintained highway here.

That's because bedrock is pretty close to the surface in LA. Not so much in most of TX.

That said, it can't possibly be as bad as you claim, or I couldn't have shot this video by just putting the camera on the S3's dash - it would have bounced off.

Or perhaps Jags are just as good as you say they are :p

And BTW at 2:00 you pull a dick move. Going straight from the fast lane to the off-ramp... in front of a pickup pulling a trailer no less.

Last edited:
You mean the pickup that was pulling over when I was passing him? :p He wasn't on the road at that point, he'd pulled off onto the shoulder prepatory to turning off on the side road prior to that exit. He and his convoy buddies (the other trucks hauling boats) were why I was in the fast lane at that point anyway; normally I would have gotten over earlier, but there's no way in hell I'm going to crawl along behind a diesel pickup hauling stuff if I can avoid it in that car. Diesel soot sucks.

Remember, the video is sped up about 5X over reality, so it went a lot slower when I recorded it.

Last edited:

That's a sexy sounding V6. Waaay better than the Nissan VQ or GM V6. The firing order is the same as the NSX's V6...:) I cannot WAIT to hear that V6 with straight pipes. It's going to sound evil.

Says the man with the four banger. :p

Wow, that V6 sounds pretty damn mean. I kind of like it. I wonder what that will sound like with a good intake, tune and exhaust? I bet with those 3 items it will either keep up with or pass the Camaro SS. :D

I'm sorry, but that still sounds wrong on a Mustang. Mustangs should not whine like that v6 but growl and holler angrily at anything it passes.

Thankfully they should stick to what a v6 mustang is good at... cruising duty.