2011 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

The first 3 periods were damn good hockey and I was looking forward to a good OT. Then it was getting started and I was like what in the fuck just happened?????????? Un-fucking believable.

Yeah, after all that good hockey, OT was anticlimactic. Hopefully Boston can come back to make a series of it rather than getting swept.

I was hoping that Boston would be closer to Vancouver in these finals, hopefully they'll be able to fight back in the following games to make things more interesting. In the end though, I'm hoping that the Canucks take it (Sami Salo d'uh :p)

Last edited:
jets need two finns there, teemu sel?nne (duh) and teppo numminen and they are good to go! :)

I'm really glad to hear Nathan Horton has movement in all of his extremities after that hit. I was pretty nervous about that when he first dropped to the ice.

First ever danish goal in the Stanley Cup, and then his team gets crushed. Must be a bit ambivalent.

Who are those guys that were in the Vancouver uniforms? That is not the Vancouver team I have watched in the playoffs.

This is bullshit:

The Vancouver Canucks will be without Aaron Rome for the rest of the Stanley Cup Final.

The National Hockey League on Tuesday suspended the defenseman four games for delivering a late hit to Boston Bruins forward Nathan Horton in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Rome was assessed a five-minute major penalty for interference and a game misconduct at 5:07 of the first period. Horton, who was stretchered off the ice after the hit at the Vancouver blue line, suffered a severe concussion on the hit. Earlier Tuesday, the Bruins announced that Horton will miss the remainder of the Stanley Cup Final.

"Two factors were considered in reaching this decision," said NHL Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations Mike Murphy. "The hit by Rome was clearly beyond what is acceptable in terms of how late it was delivered after Horton had released the puck and it caused a significant injury."

Rome will miss the remainder of the Stanley Cup Final series. If the Final ends before Game 7, the suspension will carry over to the start of the 2011-12 regular season.

Link

I believe someone timed the hit and it was .8 seconds after Horton gave up the puck. The Chara hit on Max was >1 second after Max didn't have the puck. Max didn't have his head down or do anything wrong (like watch his pass) and gets a broken back and massive concussion and the play is deemed "hockey play." Rome NAILS Horton on an open ice hit with no direct head shot while Horton was watching his pass... WTF NHL? Stop treating the Bruins like they are your children...wait...

I believe someone timed the hit and it was .8 seconds after Horton gave up the puck. The Chara hit on Max was >1 second after Max didn't have the puck. Max didn't have his head down or do anything wrong (like watch his pass) and gets a broken back and massive concussion and the play is deemed "hockey play." Rome NAILS Horton on an open ice hit with no direct head shot while Horton was watching his pass... WTF NHL? Stop treating the Bruins like they are your children...wait...

this!

I think the suspension was more in an effort to curtail what the league saw as an escalation of tension in the series.

campbell has had no say in any bruins game ever since gregory was in their system.

campbell has had no say in any bruins game ever since gregory was in their system.

Lets say your boss' kid works for you, and his department is acting like a twat. Are you REALLY going to punish that department with him in there? Maybe a little here and there but you are obviously going to have a biased to make your boss happy. That is how the world works and the fact that Colin had that position since his kid entered the league at all is a joke.

Well... I have to say this game was complete bullshit. With the last game it was easy to blame it on a bad day for the goalie/ team, but in this there were far too many calls that should have been made. Near the end the game was out of control. The problem is that the refs seem to ignore any minor hits made by Boston, leading to an escalation of dirty plays. I want to see a tight game run game 5, what we're seeing now is closer to UFC.

With that being said, Vancouver also needs to tighten up. Make the Bruins pay whenever they take a penalty, and don't let the Bruins take the game into the ditch. Anyone can hit each other, but we haven't seen real (clean) hockey since game one.

Last edited:
Marchand deserves a suspension, they should be able to hit Thomas now, Luongo should sit on the bench, and the Sedins should learn how to stay on their feet after being nudged. Oh and the refs should stop missing obvious calls and let the Canucks have the breakaway they deserve...that wasn't close to being offside.