Spied: 2011 Volkswagen Jetta is most generic car ever designed

Look at the trim on the C-pillars behind the rear doors, that's just being lazy.

Thats the first thing I noticed. Why the hell does that black pastic and small piece of chrome have to be there? It would look so much better if they just finished off the rear doors the way they have and made a solid C-pillar. It seems thats the popular thing to be doing these days, can't recall off the top of my head which other cars I've seen with this but I have noticed it lately.

Dear manufacturers,

please stop.

Thanks

edit: Didn't the former VAG head designer go to Kia? Don't Kia's look fairly good now? Don't new VAG products look not so great compared to what was coming out ~4 years ago? VW needs him back.

Last edited:
The Jetta justifies its existence in the US market, by being one of the few cars in its price segment to offer a diesel. People who don't like the Golf TDI for whatever reason, can get a Jetta. Other than that, it is completely bland and pointless. Cheapened to hell for the US market, so even the fantastic build quality doesn't make it stand out.

I (old person at heart) always liked the Jettas, so I'll wait until it loses those last strips of duct tape.